• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Hey, if you want to build your own, Spike's lowers are still on sale - I have one on the way:

This I know. I was going to order one direct from them until I found a better deal on one through another INGOer.

I should have it in a couple weeks. :yesway: (see my SBR build thread in the C3 Forum for more details)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Another round of gear just arrived, ready for install!

Magpul ACS stock
    Magpul 20rd mags, black x2
    ISD drop-in carbine rail (demo)
    Troy rear flip-up BUIS (not shown)

i19zkm.jpg

More pics to follow once they've been installed!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Well I had the chance to join a couple other INGOers for a range day yesterday. I ran the Spike's rifle and it performed well throughout the day.

2i6f56x.jpg

After the session, as the sun was setting, I left the rifle on the ground in the cold for about an hour. When we returned to the range to do some flash hider comparison testing using the rifle in the dark, there was an issue. The BCG felt gummed up and I experienced two light primer strikes. We pulled the BCG and the problem was immediately evident-- the lube and carbon had formed a nice frozen paste all over it.

We disassembled the BCG inside the warm truck, and then added some oil from the engine's dipstick, as we had already loaded up our gear in our cars.

From there it ran just fine. A later phone call to lovemywoods revealed that he had used "Mil-Com MC3000" when he had lubed it last, which now resides in the trash can. :D

A full range report will be up in the next few days.

ETA: Report is up! https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ussion/132226-range_trip_aar_1_30_2011_a.html

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Wish I would have seen this review a few weeks ago! I've been fighting over getting a Spikes or BCM for a couple weeks now. Going to order the spikes for sure now and use the extra money to accessorize. GREAT REVIEW

And Just ordered it!
    Thanks to Andrew at Profire Arms & Supply

It is gonna be the longest 3 weeks of my life!

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I didn't see if you posted accuracy results. What kind of accuracy did you get with the scope? Also, which bullet weight did it like the best? Finally, besides the day the lube got cold, have you had any other malfunctions?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I didn't see if you posted accuracy results.

We have not done any dedicated accuracy testing.

What kind of accuracy did you get with the scope?

The DMS-1? To be honest we haven't shot this rifle with that scope much at this point. Mostly I've had my Aimpoint H1 on it. Kr_Treefrog2 has a DMS-1 on her rifle and it shoots quite well. lovemywoods did some testing on her scope/rifle a while back: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nt_test_of_the_millett_dms-1_rifle_sight.html

Also, which bullet weight did it like the best?

Have not narrowed it down to one that performs the best. Having a 1/7" twist rate I'm gonna guess it likes the heavier stuff.

Finally, besides the day the lube got cold, have you had any other malfunctions?

Nope. Nada.

Top Bottom