• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robertpetry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    universal, across the entire USofA. You can buy long guns, but handguns have to be transfered in the state of residence. SO you could go to a KY gun show, buy a handgun, but they would then have to ship it to a local shop for transfer.

Good to know. Thank you. I would have just jumped in the car lol. That would have ended in frustration :)

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I finally was able to buy one at this price...

The local Rural Kings in Evansville were constantly out. I took my wife to get her hair fixed in Evansville so I went by the RK on Morgan . They did not have any in stock (naturally) but the clerk did a search and said that the Princeton store had them in stock. OK, I might drive up there later.

In the meantime I went to Gander Mountain as they say that they will price match local stores. I showed the clerk there the online RKGuns (which is out of stock at that time) the $199 price and told them that the Princeton RK store had them in stock. The firearms manager called them and they said no that they did not have any in stock and only got about 4 at a time and they went quick. So, Gander would not price match as there was no stock at RK. Bummer..

I have had this gun on my "wish list" at RKGuns and when I checked this morning it was now available so I ordered it online. It will be shipped to the RK on Morgan. Total bill including shipping and tax is $223.98.

5 to 6 days shipping because of the holidays..

I'm happy....

In stock at RKGuns.com as of right now...

Search results for: 'lcp' : RK Guns

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Picked mine up this week and it would just have been wrong not to shoot it today. Trigger is definitely better than the way I remember it on my earlier production gun. Had a ftf on round 5 , else shot 40 rounds 100 grain round nose with no issues.

Shot the target 7 times at 7 yards and had a nice group so I stepped back to 10 yards and shot another 13 rounds or so. For what the gun is I was happy with the initial break in run. Not sure how happy my neighbors are right now but that is a different issue.

attachment.php

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I was pleased that they could that. That would have tacked on another $25...

Yep. That was what helped me make my mind up. $225 total with shipping, taxes, and [$0] FFL. That's gotta be the cheapest I'll find it.

The local RK had one for $229 (plus taxes) in the dessert color (I think that's what it is). I opted for black.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I think the custom version looks interesting and haven't had one in my hand yet, but in the end I'm afraid it will still be an LCP (of which I have a couple and they definitely have a purpose). I do like the fact it has real sights though!

After sayin all that, the price dropping is making me consider another one...

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I'd prefer magguts for the factory magazines, but they're out of stock. They've ruin flawlessly with my g42 making it 7+1 without increasing the size of the gun or magazines. Keep in mind I've run over 1,000 rounds through these without a single malfunction or feed issue.

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    So, the differences in the LCP 3071 and the LCP 3740 (custom) appears to be:
    1) sights
    2) trigger
    3) guide rod

At $199 for the 3071, if you make upgrades:
    1) Sweet Pea trigger $45.00
    2) SS Steel Guide Rod $11.50
    from Galloway Precision, you're at $255.50, plus maybe another $10 for a trigger install kit, and this doesn't include the upgrades for sights.

If the LCP 3740 is $229, seems that the $199 deal isn't that great of a deal. No?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    So, the differences in the LCP 3071 and the LCP 3740 (custom) appears to be:
    1) sights
    2) trigger
    3) guide rod

At $199 for the 3071, if you make upgrades:
    1) Sweet Pea trigger $45.00
    2) SS Steel Guide Rod $11.50
    from Galloway Precision, you're at $255.50, plus maybe another $10 for a trigger install kit, and this doesn't include the upgrades for sights.

If the LCP 3740 is $229, seems that the $199 deal isn't that great of a deal. No?

Depends on whether you think the upgrades are worth anything perhaps. For what the gun is I can not see that they add anything, that is just me though.

Top Bottom