• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I wouldn't buy one for $50. I bought one for my wife and one for myself. Both were garbage.

Garbage how? Wouldn't fire? FTF, FTE? Broke apart?

While it's not a comfortable gun to shoot at all, it meet's what it was built to do, which was be concealed easily. While I don't like shooting the thing at the range because of it's small size, no gun that size is exactly fun. There's no grip to be had and the trigger is long and heavy, but if I can't carry my full size, I just stick the LCP in my pocket and go. I paid $125 for mine, I wouldn't pay much more than that for it, but it's better than nothing.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    125 is dirt cheap! Did you snag that used?

Yeah, traded a friend an old .22 revolver for it, which I paid $125 for the revolver. Got the LCP, 2 boxes of range ammo, and a box of hollow points... figured I might as well since I can carry it and can't shoot the .22 due to the lack of ammo.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I dont understand the hate for the LCP. It is what it is! While it isn't the most comfortable thing in the world, it does what its designed to do well. Mine has been 100% reliable, and honestly isnt inaccurate. I have the second version with the slightly bigger sights. It is a needed upgrade over the first ones. The trigger sucks, but if you shoot it a bit you get used to it. I would recommend anyone with an LCP to get a Talon stick on grip, they are 15$ well spent (I prefer the rubber model over the sandpaper one).
    I can't justify another one, but if I found a cheap used one I would probably pick a second one up.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I carry an LCP daily. Most of the time NO ONE can know I have said gun on me so it works really well for me. Worth every penny I paid for it used a couple years ago. But not a gun I shoot for fun.

We got in some LCP's in Muddy Girl as part of the Black Friday blowout. I figured if nothing else maybe I'd try to sell them in conjunction with Fashion & Firearms in March. Well...those first 2 sold as soon as we listed them. So we ordered 2 more. 1 was sold Wednesday and the other is getting a lot of interest. I wish we would of had the money to order more of them...or some in some other colors.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Has anybody seen them around the Indianapolis area for that price? I'd pick one up for my dad for Christmas at that price. I called Rural King in Greenwood and Greensburg, and they didn't have any in stock. I'd be interested in the newer ones with the actual sights and better trigger.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I wouldn't buy one for $50. I bought one for my wife and one for myself. Both were garbage.

Elaborate.

I'll second that request. I had one a few years back and didn't care for the longish trigger and lack of sights. I traded it off and went through a bunch of pocket pistols before settling on a Ruger LC9S Pro. The little LCP did always work, I didn't think it was garbage. What was your experience?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I handled a Ruger LCP Custom at McDonald's gunshop. I have a 2nd gen LCP that has been 100% reliable and goes with me everywhere. The new Custom model has taller sights and an aluminum trigger with a much smoother pull. Only negative is the $398 price tag and gaudy red trigger.

1_pistols_ruger_lcp_custom3740_380acp_adj_sights_new_244178.jpg

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    While the taller sights are nice, I think I'm happier with my lower profile LCP. The red trigger kinda bugs me too. Fwiw I debated getting a keltec offering when I was looking at the LCPs, after handling both I'm glad I went with the Ruger due to fit finish etc. I only throw that out there because they are often compared.

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Has anybody seen them around the Indianapolis area for that price? I'd pick one up for my dad for Christmas at that price. I called Rural King in Greenwood and Greensburg, and they didn't have any in stock. I'd be interested in the newer ones with the actual sights and better trigger.

I was actually trying to do the same. I drove down to Greenwood's Rural King and I didn't see it for $199. It was busy, but I'm pretty sure they either had the old price, or the newer model out.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I handled a Ruger LCP Custom at McDonald's gunshop. I have a 2nd gen LCP that has been 100% reliable and goes with me everywhere. The new Custom model has taller sights and an aluminum trigger with a much smoother pull. Only negative is the $398 price tag and gaudy red trigger.

1_pistols_ruger_lcp_custom3740_380acp_adj_sights_new_244178.jpg

Carson Arms (local shop) was selling those right along with all the others for $219 FDE, the "Tiffany" style blue / polished slide, purple, black, what ever.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Most places in Indy are sold out from black Friday weekend. If they get them in and decide to keep the original 319 price then I guess they'll just lose a sale.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    i just picked up a lcp custom for the wife for around $220 shipped. The trigger feels way better than a standard lcp and my p3at. Its probably the same weight but with the wider trigger it feels lighter and the trigger is thicker front to back which makes it feel like you dont pull it back as far to go bang. The sights dont hang up at all in my desantis pocket holster. I like it.. If i ever retire my p3at i will prolll pick up a custom

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Picked up the red triggered custom for $199+tax.... had my choice from all versions. Have only dry fired it so far but would say it is far better than the first gen, but yes, still a longer pull, non target competition gun, not what it's for. I had an LC9 that I sold due to not liking trigger, but when the pro came out I got back in one, and couldn't be happier with it as well.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Picked up the red triggered custom for $199+tax.... had my choice from all versions. Have only dry fired it so far but would say it is far better than the first gen, but yes, still a longer pull, non target competition gun, not what it's for. I had an LC9 that I sold due to not liking trigger, but when the pro came out I got back in one, and couldn't be happier with it as well.

Where are you guys finding the custom for that price?

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Where are you guys finding the custom for that price?

I got mine the first week (2 weeks ago) of the sale at a big Mishawaka store. A few days later a couple coworkers went back wanting the custom and they were sold out. Seems they only have the other three available now, with the stainless/twotone being in and out of stock depending on when you go. One buddy got there as they were receiving about 30 of them, and two days later another went to get one and they were out again

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I got mine the first week (2 weeks ago) of the sale at a big Mishawaka store. A few days later a couple coworkers went back wanting the custom and they were sold out. Seems they only have the other three available now, with the stainless/twotone being in and out of stock depending on when you go. One buddy got there as they were receiving about 30 of them, and two days later another went to get one and they were out again

If anyone does see them stocked for the $199ish price, please share. As previously mentioned, I'd like to grab one for my dad. He keeps eyeing a KelTec for the reason that "its less than $300!". To each his own, but I think he'd rather have the Ruger when it comes down to it.

Top Bottom