• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I have Ruger Vaquero Bisley models in 357. I really like the color case hardening finish. They shoot 38 & 357 great

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    My lgs has a nice used stainless blackhawk in .357 mag with a 6" (?) barrel! Pretty good price I think, $399. I'm thinking about getting it for my cowboy style want. I already have 1 blackhawk like I said but it's blued and has a shorted barrel. I'm going to head over in a bit and fondle it I guess. :):

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    hello....I have several SA cowboy revolvers. I tend to favor Ruger products. I recently ran across a two screw version of a Ruger Blackhawk revolver in 44-40 caliber. This was a real find as they are sought after by the civil war buffs and don't last long once the word gets out that they are available. Indy Trading Post has two on consigment and sold both the same day. One went to a guy in Texas. I got the other. Uberti offers several nice cowboy pieces and I have found that the Outdoors Sporting Goods in Greenwood has a good sample of product to look at. Having already owner New Vaqueros in 357.38 & 45 long colt I would start looking for the old black powder 38 & 44 caliber. Taylor & Company is another good source but they are expensive.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Thanks for the info! I bought that .357 Blackhawk today, love it! I posted a pic in the wheelguns thread, can't wait to shoot it! The extra 2 inches of barrel add a lot to the looks for me. Also pickup a box of .45 Colt today while I was there, yikes. :spend:

blitzen25cat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    south east indiana
    :)Ruger old model 3 screw model without the conversion would be great for what you want I have several and enjoy shooting them. My LGS in south east In. has one in 357 mag with 4 3/4 in barrel from the mid to late sixties in very nice condition-asking $500. Would probably sell for about $425 cash otd as it's been in there for a while. I'd buy it I didn't have two already. Check the local pawn shops-They show up once in a while but don"t last long. Good hunting Best regards

Top Bottom