Safe or not safe? Check out this Range Instructor...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So educate me a little. What is TR? Where is it? And how is it connected to Yeager? I want to make sure I don't ever go. Thanks.

MikeBrennan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Indiana
    There are some interesting articles on Bearing Arms about TR and James Yeager; here is one of a couple I found. TR's response to their instructor's ND incident in February is indicative of the organization's character.

CRYBULLY: More on the Tactical Response Negligent Discharge

Man, that there gives some cause for concern.... There's something about an attitude towards safety that may be missing.

The thing is, it only takes a single mishap for bad things to happen to those who are there to learn for "experts"...and bring the antis out of the woodwork.

I think I'll stick to shooting with those I know and trust.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You didn't recognize the voice on the bullhorn?

No, I didn't listen to the sound. Plus, I don't know any of those people.

EDIT 12/27/2016 TO ADD: Okay, found the video again and listened to the audio. I'm not sure I would have recognized the voice if someone else hadn't mentioned the name of the organization and you hadn't asked me if I did, but now I do.

Last edited:

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I found the video on bearingarms.com and I couldn't believe my eyes. I still can't believe that the others continued to stand down range of an active shooter in a wheelchair as he was being bounced around. I am at a loss for words. :nuts:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I found the video on bearingarms.com and I couldn't believe my eyes. I still can't believe that the others continued to stand down range of an active shooter in a wheelchair as he was being bounced around. I am at a loss for words. :nuts:

Easy to understand, most people have not been shot so they do not recognize the danger.

I was teaching at Wildcat Rifle and Pistol Club one weekend morning. I arrived 15 or so minutes early and sat in the back of class to wait for my instruction block. As I was waiting I pulled out a tangelo and then opened my pocket knife (a Spyderco Endura II). A largish knife, it gave a very audible *CLICK* upon locking. Everyone turned around and looked and there were audible gasps. A few minutes later another "instructor" pulled his pistol out of his holster and waved it about. As I listened for the bang while sucking dirt off the clubhouse floor, people were smiling and laughing about the guy waving the gun about.

Why do they fear the knife but laugh at the gun? Because everyone has cut themselves, usually in the kitchen while cutting a bagel for the toaster. However, everyone has experienced the pain of a knife, but not a firearm.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Easy to understand, most people have not been shot so they do not recognize the danger.

I was teaching at Wildcat Rifle and Pistol Club one weekend morning. I arrived 15 or so minutes early and sat in the back of class to wait for my instruction block. As I was waiting I pulled out a tangelo and then opened my pocket knife (a Spyderco Endura II). A largish knife, it gave a very audible *CLICK* upon locking. Everyone turned around and looked and there were audible gasps. A few minutes later another "instructor" pulled his pistol out of his holster and waved it about. As I listened for the bang while sucking dirt off the clubhouse floor, people were smiling and laughing about the guy waving the gun about.

Why do they fear the knife but laugh at the gun? Because everyone has cut themselves, usually in the kitchen while cutting a bagel for the toaster. However, everyone has experienced the pain of a knife, but not a firearm.

Because you were within the 21 foot safe zone...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Thanks. I still have a lot of basics to learn anyway. I won't be taking advanced courses for a long time. I have way too many fundamentals about shooting to learn.

When you do decide you want to do something more advanced, hopefully incidents will help you remember to vet your instructors. This isn't advanced firearms instruction, this is advanced stupidity.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    See my OP. The link to the video is there.

I still can't get over the sheer amount of fail in that training class. Not just the wheelchair part. In just thirty seconds you see:

1. One shooter advancing well ahead of the line.
    2. Shooters breaking the 180 by turning completely around.
    3. One shooter pointing his pistol up right in front of his face. Dude could have blown his face off.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I wonder if a bored prosecutor saw that video would they see something in it to go after? Reckless endangerment or something like that?

Can you imagine? The neck beards would be gnashing their teeth and crying out "Justice for James". Having been elevated to Sainthood, Yeager would be proclaiming how much money the prosecution had brought his business. INGO would have an epic thread, members would be banned.

Let's do this!

Sgt Taco

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Indianapolis
    This frightens me to no end. When I bought my first gun my dad said, "Its not you I worry about, its other people." I think this is what he meant.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Can you imagine? The neck beards would be gnashing their teeth and crying out "Justice for James". Having been elevated to Sainthood, Yeager would be proclaiming how much money the prosecution had brought his business. INGO would have an epic thread, members would be banned.

Let's do this!

Yeah lets...how many on here rushed to have lunch with Yeager when he came to town and posted of how awesome he is. Where are those folks now?

Top Bottom