Sally Kohn thinks we can impeach President Trump, and VP, and then elect Clinton

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If Trump were impeached, Pence would become President and wouldn't he then appoint a new VP? Then if he were impeached, that new VP would become President and would pick another VP.

I guess if they impeached them both together that Ryan would then get it though.

The newly ascended president may appoint a Vice President to fill the vacancy he left. It looks to me like that new Vice President takes the spot as "next in line".

What I find interesting is that LBJ didn't appoint a replacement Vice President following JFKs assassination. Instead, he waited for the next campaign to name a running mate...had he resigned or died in his "first term", the office would have gone to the speaker.

Also interesting is that Ford (himself never elected to VP or president) did appoint a replacement VP (Rockefeller)...also never elected to the executive branch...so, for a while, neither of our top "elected officials" had been elected for the jobs at all!

I am sure that if something like that occurred today (with either party at the helm) heads would explode all over this great land.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Maybe they can get the whole line of succession to go to Guam, this would make the island tip over, then Hillary could be President.

Top Bottom