• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    No doubt (I cannot imagine your loss)- but a five second snapshot is in no way a fair representation of what's in a guys heart either. Can I say that I would feel horribly - OF COURSE. Would I want to ever smile again - hell no! But could someone with a camera catch me at it for five seconds if someone turned on Bob and Tom or something? Entirely possible. My point is this - we DON'T KNOW what was happening. And how would you feel if you lost a child - and had to be interviewed by the press, and were called an "actor" because of a five second video clip? As if his loss was not real? Just because it may not have shown on his face for the few seconds that he was on camera? Wouldn't that be rubbing salt in the wound?

All I know is this: people that I grew up with and know to be reliable and honest tell me that he is a reasonable human being, and that they know him and his wife first hand. That's all.

Last edited:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I thought I was going to pull my hair out after listening to that idiot in the first 2 videos. He's talking about 1/3 speed and acting like he's fighting back tears. Get it together, make your video, then cry.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I suppose that until they start arming teachers and teaching them how and when to shoot, these avoidable massacres in the kill free zones will continue.

How secure is a building with a breakable window beside a dead bolted door, break the window,reach in unlock the door and voila...

Until the "educational" Or educated community becomes aware of the fact that locks and video cameras do not make a school gun proof, SHTF will continue to happen.

Governor Perry of Texas encourages his teachers that hold permits to carry to do so while teaching their classes. And as I am rambling...just one gun in that school, in the hand of a qualified shooter could have prevented a lot of carnage. Not all, but a lot.

I have carried since the early seventies , my wife, a retired teacher does not object to my weapon but will never relent her position that guns should not be in schools. That is an argument I cannot win, Maybe someone with more clout than I could convince a legislator, a teacher, a principal that there is a security solution that does not include locks or lock downs.

In my prayers

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I read somewhere that the "second shooter" that was arrested in the woods, was actually a parent that was trying to get to his kid by going through the woods to get to the school. It wouldnt be surprising to see police temporarily arrest the guy until it was confirmed whom he was.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Every funeral I have ever went to, had people bursting with laughter, including the wife/husband/mother. There is a lot of crying, but a lot of laughing as well, remembering the good times, funny things the lost one did, said, etc.

I don't personally know the guy, but I doubt that short clip has anything to do with how he feels.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Wanna bet? I made my best friends mother laugh less then 8 hours after he died. Then we cried some more, continued to tell stories and laugh and cry

Humor, laughing are perfectly reasonable coping mechanisms. More so, I encourage them.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Humor, laughing are perfectly reasonable coping mechanisms. More so, I encourage them.

Maybe... laughing, then psyching yourself up to look more distraught than you appeared to be seconds prior, right before the cameras begin to role is something else.

Is he just stressed? Maybe... but he was there to talk about his dead little girl on a national television a mere 24 hours after her death. Why would anyone crack jokes and why would he be walking up like he just had a visit from Monica Lewinski...

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.... but that video looks pretty odd to me. I'll never say I know anything for sure, but I know his behavior was odd enough for me to at least consider it fishy.

-------------------------------------------

Another oddity is that he decided that he needed to make a 5+ minute public statement a mere 24 hours after the most horrific day of his life :dunno:

I mean, I consider myself pretty cold blooded on the emotion sharing front... but I don't think I would be up for that.

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    ive been saying it since it happened . this smells fishy! way too many coincendeces. hey fast n furious didnt seem to work so lets bring this right to the citizens door step!
    why would anyone trust the goverment? they obviously dont trust us.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I thought I was going to pull my hair out after listening to that idiot in the first 2 videos. He's talking about 1/3 speed and acting like he's fighting back tears. Get it together, make your video, then cry.

^^^^^^^
    This.

I kept wanting to scream "Get to the point already!"

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Guys... don't jump to conclusions - you do NOT know what was said in the background - heck someone may well have said something that cracked him up. Maybe it was a smart aleck remark about the press or something. It may have been nervous laughter - YOU DON'T KNOW and we never will. Any of you want to lose a kid and then have to talk to the national press about it? Sometimes when I'm under huge pressure, I relieve the stress by cracking jokes.

Anybody here an EMT or ER Doc or cop? Ask them about the gallows humor that develops - it's a coping mechanism that helps you get through what you have to do. When what you have to do is beyond bearable.

SO DON'T ASSUME. YOU DON'T FREAKING KNOW what was going on.

Why do I say this?

The parent in that video (and only for a few seconds) is Robbie Parker. He and his wife recently moved to Connecticut. They lived in Portland Oregon before that. They are a good friends with a friend of mine. A gal that I went to high school with. She went to church with them in Portland and taught the girl that was killed in Sunday School when she was 2 years old. They lost their daughter and that loss was and is very real. THAT MUCH I KNOW.

I didn't realize this until my friend Darlene posted it on her Facebook page.

That said I'm quite confident that it's the truth. So before you read too much in to one 5 second long chunk of video, please consider how much hurt you might be doing if that 5 seconds of video just might be taken out of context. And a Dad was trying to do whatever he could to make it through what he had to do. I would be slow to accuse him of anything. By all accounts, he's a reasonable human being. And I have that from people that I know to be trustworthy. Personally.

My friend's name is Darlene DeVoss-Yost and you can verify what I've said on Facebook by going back a few days on her timeline if you wish to confirm it.

In 1992 my 15 year old brother was murdered, I was only 12 years old. I have an uncle that really helped the family get through this rough time by making us laugh. At the wake he just had people rolling, and I had a friend come over to me and say they couldnt believe we could laugh at a time like this. I told him I couldnt believe he could judge how someone deals with a murdered family member with never going through it himself.

Everyone deals with tragedies differently, and no one should try to tell anyone how to cope with it. I dont know why people expect people to act like robots and have no emotions when they are dealing with a tragedy.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    The guy in the two videos the OP posted did a bad job with the audio. Here is the original scanner audio that he was playing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S59IXI9g6VE&list=UUh0RH6wJPKs2KDcTSJWWNGA&index=9[/ame]

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I read about this earlier today. Obviously as a father my heart aches for the families of those children involved.

The timing is just too conicidental though for an autistic kid to steal his mom's guns and go shoot up a school.

Father being investigated
    Similar shootings in other locations with similar choice of weapons (AR15, Glock 9mm, etc.)
    Fiscal Cliff debate in DC (what a wonderful distraction for the media to have)
    etc. etc. etc.

Something is really fishy, and it stinks even worse because innocent children were killed in the process, and those that survived will be scarred for life.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Those vids are too hard to watch with the guy taking hours to get to the point! This video does a much better job of it...
    Also notice the Conn. State Police guy at the beginning saying that you'll be prosecuted if you question the "official story" by posting on Facebook. WTF?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W6b-voc-Ds[/ame]

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I read somewhere that the "second shooter" that was arrested in the woods, was actually a parent that was trying to get to his kid by going through the woods to get to the school. It wouldnt be surprising to see police temporarily arrest the guy until it was confirmed whom he was.
    Please, INGO, don't tell me you're buying the story. This guy who made these videos is calling to people detained by LE as shooters. Without any other evidence? Oh, yes, I know, I know. All the evidence is being secretly hush-hushed and swept under the rug. Well, there's no shortage of "evidence" for "proving" .gov was behind 9/11. So how about something more than detained individuals in the vicinity?

All he has are two people detained. Detained.

It makes no sense. Because it isn't logical. Either local LE is involved or it is not. If it is, why bother detaining them in the first place? If it was for the benefit of news choppers, why not fabricate a cover story about who these guys were and why they aren't arrested. If local LE wasn't involved, how are you going to explain the silence on their parts for the hush-hush that has now descended upon the investigation? Was the whole damn department bought off?

Sorry. I'm going to default to Occam in this case.

^^^^^^^
    This.

I kept wanting to scream "Get to the point already!"

I don't think he had one.

I read about this earlier today. Obviously as a father my heart aches for the families of those children involved.

The timing is just too conicidental though for an autistic kid to steal his mom's guns and go shoot up a school.

Father being investigated
    Similar shootings in other locations with similar choice of weapons (AR15, Glock 9mm, etc.)
    Fiscal Cliff debate in DC (what a wonderful distraction for the media to have)
    etc. etc. etc.

Something is really fishy, and it stinks even worse because innocent children were killed in the process, and those that survived will be scarred for life.

Maybe it just is a coincidence.

To what end? Even if you want to manufacture a connection between Lanza and Holmes and the shootings, what do they produce? These wag the dog, false flag operations usually have an end-goal. What would be the end goal?

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    To what end? Even if you want to manufacture a connection between Lanza and Holmes and the shootings, what do they produce? These wag the dog, false flag operations usually have an end-goal. What would be the end goal?

I believe the working theory is that both of the fathers were supposed to be testifying in the LIBOR scandal case. We're talking bazilions of dollars here. The end goal would have to be a warning shot to any one planning on testifying and talking to much about LIBOR? The first rule of fight club is, you don't talk about fight club or they'll make your family go berzerk.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I believe the working theory is that both of the fathers were supposed to be testifying in the LIBOR scandal case. We're talking bazilions of dollars here. The end goal would have to be a warning shot to any one planning on testifying and talking to much about LIBOR? The first rule of fight club is, you don't talk about fight club or they'll make your family go berzerk.

Where is the proof that either of these guys were scheduled to testify about the LIBOR issue?

Debunked: Lanza, Holmes, and the LIBOR hearings

http://www.dailypaul.com/266741/libor-connection-debunked-ron-paul-forums-blamed-for-rumor

Top Bottom