• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    I buy local and pay a little more sometimes, and i hope by doing this the companies will give me the best deal they can will still making enough profit to sustain themselves.
    As far as the OP, as long as they didn't promise the gun for a certain price to you, i see no issue in them selling for whatever they can get online. They still have a chance at my business if they don't try and charge to much when I come in person!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I got a couple of good deals from local gunshops that listed the gun I bought on Gunbroker. So it can go both ways. Lots of greed out there.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah I should probably just laugh at the people who are paying $1600 for a gun that in 3-6 months won't be worth 1/2 that.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I got a gret deal on gunbroker, $75-$100 cheaper at least for the purchase I made. The gun was impossible to find locally and would have cost more for a lesser version than I got.

Also reminds me of PS3,Xbox,iPhone,iPad, etc. when they came out they were going for $3000 dollars on eBay. If you must have it first you should be ready to pay, I paid $700 for a PS3 when it first came out. Was it too much maybe but I sure had fun with it while everyone else cried about the price of them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah I should probably just laugh at the people who are paying $1600 for a gun that in 3-6 months won't be worth 1/2 that.

Anything that can move freely can move stupidly.:D

Know guys who always want to rush out and buy the last and greatest computer or cell phone? Right, I know these guys too.

Is it "worth" it to pay that much for a silly phone that will be 1/2 the price if not less? Not to me, but it is to them.

Some guys are just wired to have to have the latest and greatest. Let everyone be and demand the supply will find the correct price.

What is the solution to market chaos? Do absolutely nothing.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    If I could go directly to the manufacturer and have the chance that a gun shop has of purchasing the same weapon, then I would agree, but we as consumers do not have that freedom. Hence we have to deal with the people who do have that ability and I believe that it is the responsibility to not inflate the price of said item.

So if I was a doctor who had a cure for cancer and an actress had an operable form of skin cancer but your daughter had an inoperable tumor, is it OK for me to sell the pill to the actress for 1,000,000?

Yes I know this is brought to the extreme but sometimes absurdity needs to be used to prove a point.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So if I was a doctor who had a cure for cancer and an actress had an operable form of skin cancer but your daughter had an inoperable tumor, is it OK for me to sell the pill to the actress for 1,000,000?

Yes I know this is brought to the extreme but sometimes absurdity needs to be used to prove a point.

Yes, by all means, it is the doc's pill.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Many if not most gun shops have a greater profit margin on used firearms, than that of new.

The reason being, is that gun shops that are authorized dealers of a manufacturer, also are contractually bound to retail new firearms at stated prices. There are no such limitations upon used.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    The profit margin on new firearms is not really worth the hassle and paperwork that it takes to comply with Government regulations. I say more power to any dealer that finds a way to increase it.Not being one who craves the latest and greatest,I will probably never buy for some inflated price,but IMO,any investment made in a firearm by any legal citizen is good for us all!

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    It's just one of those things. A business stays in business by making profit. If i was a business owner and knew of a legal, legit way to make double my profit then i'd do the same thing. But, at the same time i'd make sure my regulars had a fair chance at something that doesn't come around too often.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Not being one who craves the latest and greatest,I will probably never buy for some inflated price,but IMO,any investment made in a firearm by any legal citizen is good for us all!

I agree with this, I am not going to pay what it takes, I am usually not enamoured by new shinies but this will be a really cool range toy, I will own one it will just be a while before the craziness dies down. That is if they turn out OK and not giant pieces of horse pucky.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I would agree if we had a truly free system but since we are required by law to buy from a licenced dealer usually in our state, there should be a responsibility to sell at a price that is judged by the manufacturer.

I feel that there is always so much talk of supporting the local guy with your purchases, which I have done that a little mutual respect should be shown. I am most disappointed that I have bought from this dealer before at a price greater that I could get at Buds to buy local but when they get the chance to gouge us then it is fair play.

I highlighted the part that I think is crazy talk. That's crazy talk.

I say let the seller set the price. There are a few guns in the classified section right now that I would buy if they were a few hundred dollars cheaper. That doesn't make the sellers bad people. It just makes a market.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Be glad that the guy shop is ordering something Unique from a distributer.

I like special versions of stuff. Many times to get them the dealer or distributer has to out of a allocated amount, sometimes they are available to "Gold Dealers" Only. I like something just a little different than the normal off the shelf runs. Gander mountian and cabelas are browning gold dealers. Most gunshops won't sell enough regular browning firearms in a year to even order them in. So you kinda have to pay the Piper to get one and often have to have it shipped in from another state and pay sales tax and a couple of transfirs and shipping to get it I still should have purchase the carbon fiber barrel version of the buckmark rifle at Gander Mountian for 500 dollars. I have looked for several years for another one and have never seen a single one for sale.

It takes longer to get them, It takes a down payment Up front that ties up the dealers cash for a while. So for me to order one from my local gun pushers is also going to cost me 30% to 50% down and a wait time sometimes up to six months to come in. So I often shop online for them or pay and go the BIG SPORTS STORE" route

I like guns that had a limited number of under 5000. If you can get under 500 even better.

The browning and winchester model 52 model 12 reproductions, the marlin STD and Limited series, Talo runs, Preformance shop, custom shop, Whatever you want to call it. I just want something Like everyone else but a bit different that the run of the mill.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I saw a Kel-Tec KSG leave PSS for retail ($879) about 6 weeks ago when they were selling on GB for 1400. That's why I see OL Bob first when I'm looking for something.
    The only problem about marking things up to "market" price is when the price comes back to normal and your dealer will only offer you 600 for something you just paid 1400 for a few months ago.. Makes for bad customer relations.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I saw a Kel-Tec KSG leave PSS for retail ($879) about 6 weeks ago when they were selling on GB for 1400. That's why I go to see Ol Bob first when I'm in search of anything.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

What can you say other than that Bob is great!

Top Bottom