• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    As long as they are respectful of others people's property, and are willing to listen to other adults. They should be good.

Not a good idea to wander around grabbing others people's guns without permission. Especially since many may be loaded.

This... Basically, if the suspect is not disciplined enough to not go around picking up guns, I will reduce the suspect to tears. These are firearms people, respect is the name of the game. God help anyone who just decides to wander forward of the firing line.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    This... Basically, if the suspect is not disciplined enough to not go around picking up guns, I will reduce the suspect to tears. These are firearms people, respect is the name of the game. God help anyone who just decides to wander forward of the firing line.

Suspect? Lol

The kid you're referring to asked to shoot my Savage FV-SR. I loaded up a mag of CCI SV, let him shoot it, and put it back on the rack. A little while later, he's on a different lane shooting crappy Remington thunder bolts through it. I didn't go Sadclown on him, but he knew I wasn't happy.

MegaTank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Goshen
    As long as they are respectful of others people's property, and are willing to listen to other adults. They should be good.

Not a good idea to wander around grabbing others people's guns without permission. Especially since many may be loaded.

Totally agree. They have been told the dangers of guns. They are not allowed to even touch mine period. They know not to play with knives and such. I'm still up in the air on whether or not to bring them. I do want them to see that guns if handled properly aren't as dangerous as some make them out to be. I saw the appleseed project and was really impressed with what people are doing with kids these days. With me not really being raised around guns I'm still leary of how to approach it. And at what age. I keep my guns locked up tight. I may wait until the family event just so they might observe some other kids before interacting. I did however take them to the tri county range with me once but made them play in the open grass on the other side of the parking lot away from the ranges. Also sad clown doesn't bother me in the least. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If sad clown has kids then I would be inclined to call them a hipocrite but I will assume that they do not lol

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sadclown is childless.
    I say bring them.
    Or just 1 if you think 3 is too much for you to handle.
    I know i could not bring my 3 yet. Way too much to handle,andand manage the event.
    Let us know what you decide.
    Ill get my single shot bolt cricket ready if they want to use it. Its a good starter rifle to teach the kids on.
    Its pink so your boys may not like it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Totally agree. They have been told the dangers of guns. They are not allowed to even touch mine period. They know not to play with knives and such. I'm still up in the air on whether or not to bring them. I do want them to see that guns if handled properly aren't as dangerous as some make them out to be. I saw the appleseed project and was really impressed with what people are doing with kids these days. With me not really being raised around guns I'm still leary of how to approach it. And at what age. I keep my guns locked up tight. I may wait until the family event just so they might observe some other kids before interacting. I did however take them to the tri county range with me once but made them play in the open grass on the other side of the parking lot away from the ranges. Also sad clown doesn't bother me in the least. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If sad clown has kids then I would be inclined to call them a hipocrite but I will assume that they do not lol
    I can tell you I had my granddaughters out shooting at about the age of six. You let them touch guns in a safe manner when they are young, and you take the mystery out of them. They are then less likely to want to mess with them when you are not looking.

For the question of bringing them, ask yourself if they will be bored quickly. Maybe bring the oldest the first time and see how that goes.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I can tell you I had my granddaughters out shooting at about the age of six. You let them touch guns in a safe manner when they are young, and you take the mystery out of them. They are then less likely to want to mess with them when you are not looking.

For the question of bringing them, ask yourself if they will be bored quickly. Maybe bring the oldest the first time and see how that goes.

My daughter is well rehearsed on picking up guns. She wont touch them unless dad is there an says ok or i handle them first.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Just saw this. I'll attend. I'll bring my DMR style AR,FNH PS90 (please bring ammo if you want to shoot this,I have some but not a bunch),Kel-Tec KSG 12 guage and my Kimber 1911 Clackamas

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I'm in. Missed last year.

Rifles;

The infamous Remington 7615P--will have ammo. lovemywoods called it "The mutant rifle."
    PSA 9mm AR Glock mag version. will have some ammo. Factory brass or aluminum only.
    Savage FV-SR 22 bolt action-will have ammo.

Pistols;

S&W Victory 22-- will have ammo
    Ruger 22/45 w/red dot

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Alright I guess I can grace "You people" with my presence.:D

Rifles,
    lwrc m6 (5.56)
    Tavor(5.56)
    S&W 15-22(.22lr)

Pistols,
    GLOCKS

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Be nice you to and stay on topic before the mods come in and spank us for having off topic events in here.

I think both of you just need a hug. :p
    Plus do not scare our potential new comers.
    Ill update the list in the morning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom