• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The cz @indyblue showed looks like a compact. Is what i think a compact is alot smaller?
    I believe it would fit that category. They had a smaller version, the 2075 Rami, but it was discontinued, the 75D Compact, P01 and PCR (basically the same gun but with different style frames and trigger/safety/decocker features), and the Full size 75, 75B and 75 D. All are alloy frames. Then you get into the P07 and P09 with polymer frames. And thirdly all the bigger tactical and race guns which honestly I don’t know that much about.
    The Rami has a standard 10 round mag and the others start at 14-15-16 or 18 round mags. It gets pretty confusing, at least for me. You can often find deals on CZ but they don’t last long.
    Not sure where you live but if ever around Avon I’d be happy to let you shoot mine over at the range.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Gassprint, here is an online database where you can choose 2 handguns and compare the specs, with a visual overlay.

Very handy for comparing a pistol that you already have with one you might be checking out.

Here's an example. The CZ75 Compact is about the same size and weight class as your PX4 Compact. Ergonomics will be a lot different, but the website gives you a good idea going in.

Capture.PNG

cz.PNG

cz2.PNG

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I believe it would fit that category. They had a smaller version, the 2075 Rami, but it was discontinued, the 75D Compact, P01 and PCR (basically the same gun but with different style frames and trigger/safety/decocker features), and the Full size 75, 75B and 75 D. All are alloy frames. Then you get into the P07 and P09 with polymer frames. And thirdly all the bigger tactical and race guns which honestly I don’t know that much about.
    The Rami has a standard 10 round mag and the others start at 14-15-16 or 18 round mags. It gets pretty confusing, at least for me. You can often find deals on CZ but they don’t last long.
    Not sure where you live but if ever around Avon I’d be happy to let you shoot mine over at the range.
    I am up north of you 20 minutes west of Plymouth. Daughter has a track meet at indiana wesleyan University on friday an i guess Saturday too. Thought it was close to avon but looks like its not.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Gassprint, here is an online database where you can choose 2 handguns and compare the specs, with a visual overlay.

Very handy for comparing a pistol that you already have with one you might be checking out.

Here's an example. The CZ75 Compact is about the same size and weight class as your PX4 Compact. Ergonomics will be a lot different, but the website gives you a good idea going in.

View attachment 340949

View attachment 340950

View attachment 340951
    This has to be the best thing since slice bread..yea, lame analogy..idc..lol
    The closes matches compared to my pps m2 were the Taurus G3C and shield plus. I only checked a few for now.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Nice, hope Jerry has one new or lightly used. The grip style looks comfortable. And it would give me one more round over my current carry.
    You can get a variety of mags for them. I carry the 16rd version and have 18s as backups. All the 75 mags are interchangeable and then all the p07 and P09 work in their series. Mecgar makes their mags. Very pleasant and accurate guns to shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_2542.jpeg
      IMG_2542.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 1

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    That only an inch longer than my walther pps m2. So i guess I'm in the realm of compacts. Here's the px4 storm. Lil heavy the gf says for her is why I'm letting it go also. View attachment 340928
    The PX4 is a darn good gun. I actually traded off my full-size a couple of months ago with plans of replacing it with a compact, because while I enjoyed shooting the full-size I never carried it. I figured the compact version would be more practical for me. If you decide to put that one in the classifieds I'm going to have a hard time not buying it, lol, but I'm a bit overextended at the moment with some other projects.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    The PX4 is a darn good gun. I actually traded off my full-size a couple of months ago with plans of replacing it with a compact, because while I enjoyed shooting the full-size I never carried it. I figured the compact version would be more practical for me. If you decide to put that one in the classifieds I'm going to have a hard time not buying it, lol, but I'm a bit overextended at the moment with some other projects.
    I listed it yesterday. Had a member from as far south as you could get ready to trade his shield plus. I think he is about 4 hrs a bit far for travel.

swa5530

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2014
    Greene Co.
    Other than a Chief's Special I inherited, the first handgun I bought was a 5904 over 30 years ago. Had a serious trigger situation where often two or three would fire from only one pull. Smith and Wesson was super about the repair and appeared to put a complete new slide on it. However, I was a bit afraid of it and sold it----five guns later sure wish I would have never done that, so I am not a fan of selling even if I seldom shoot one.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Dont forgot the 85's.

Top Bottom