• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    If one wants action, I can't even believe I am saying this, but begin damaging infrastructure. Cut their meager utilities. Bleed them dry.

But nukes, glassing the place, poison gas, biological warfare, where are we going to draw the line for our hate to subside? How much pain and destruction are we willing to sow before we become the monsters themselves?
    Destroying infrastructure will cause more pain and suffering than extermination. I'm honestly not in favor of either one. I think there are far better solutions available. The problem we have is that they require creativity and patience, both of which are in short supply among the political class.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    For the INGO record, I don't support using Nuclear weapons. You're always going to kill some innocent people with a nuclear bomb. I don't want innocent blood on my hands, and neither do you.

In the event of a nuclear attack on Pakistan, how many more Bin Ladens are we going to create? We got Bin Laden, enjoy it. Cutting all aid to Pakistan is a great start.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    For the INGO record, I don't support using Nuclear weapons. You're always going to kill some innocent people with a nuclear bomb. I don't want innocent blood on my hands, and neither do you.

In the event of a nuclear attack on Pakistan, how many more Bin Ladens are we going to create? We got Bin Laden, enjoy it. Cutting all aid to Pakistan is a great start.

in a properly waged war, civilian casualties are unavoidable. especially when the enemy uses human shields because they are cowards. war is supposed to be so bad and terrifying and terrible that no one wants anymore of it once its over.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    in a properly waged war, civilian casualties are unavoidable. especially when the enemy uses human shields because they are cowards. war is supposed to be so bad and terrifying and terrible that no one wants anymore of it once its over.

Exactly, it isn't something someone should want to dive into without giving it lots of thought. Those unavoidable innocent deaths aren't just shrugged off, someone still killed innocent people, which makes them a murderer.

No one likes a murderer, especially a foreign mass murderer.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    So let's keep killing their family members and maybe they'll see what nice people we are, I guess.
    who cares about their perception of us. weve tried being their pals long enough and it hasnt worked. lets see if fear will work better than friendship.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    We don't need no stinkin' nukes. If we still had a space program we could drop "Rods From God". Basically crowbars with a crude guidance system dropped from orbit. We could just drop rocks on them for that matter. All the destructive power and none of the radioactivity. Kinetic energy weapons rock!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well something certainly will have to be done.

Powerful people in Pakistan have been doing a good job of protecting him, up until yesterday.

If there is a push back - or series of retaliations for killing him, people here might be a little more open to some collateral damage caused by our heavy handedness.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I have to think we have the capability to take control of Pakistan's nukes and not allow them to be used on anybody. Considering that Pakistan is probably more of an enemy than a friend, it might be the prudent thing to do. I'm sure we wouldn't hear any complaints from India if we did such a thing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I for one would like a full accounting on the Paki's part. I remember the line "You're either with us or against us!" I think PStan is definitely in the spotlight. Cut their funds, tell their Prez to rid his administration of terrorist/Taliban supporters or we will do it for him. No threats, no blustering, just the declaration and a 90 day deadline. All this diplomacy and posturing needs to end. Probably won't happen though.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have to think we have the capability to take control of Pakistan's nukes and not allow them to be used on anybody. Considering that Pakistan is probably more of an enemy than a friend, it might be the prudent thing to do. I'm sure we wouldn't hear any complaints from India if we did such a thing.
    Free Slurpies for life

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not really. My point is more that, if we're not willing to use nukes, perhaps we should pursue non-military options instead. This would in fact be my preferred solution to pretty much all of our problems.

But if we're going to war, let's ****ing go to WAR.
    Someone rep this man, I can't.
    Reminds me of a quote from Marcus Luttrell. And I agree with both of you.
    It starts about 21:15 in. Although the entire speech is great.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQebS8WUYuA[/ame]

If we go to war against Pakistan, count on losing a LOT more than a few thousand folks. We nuke Pakistan, China nukes us, then Russia nukes us and China, then NK nukes SK because China nuked us, then Iran begins hitting bases in Iraq and Israel. Israel nukes anything not nailed down.

See below.

I am not advocating that we nuke the Pakis, but I don't for a second believe that China, Russia or any other country is going to commit suicide and start an all out nuclear war with us in protest. We could remove Pakistan from the map and still have enough left to destroy the entire rest of the world.

I agree, heck with just our subs we probably have enough. We have (according to the Navy)14 Ohio class ballistic missile subs. Each one can carry a payload of 24 trident II D-5 misssiles with 8 independently targeted warheads. Do the math.

Either take control or take them out(the nukes) before they have the chance to launch.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    You know, when a place gets nuked, it doesn't disappear from maps, they just have to put a graphic on them that says "Here be mutants"

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Exactly, it isn't something someone should want to dive into without giving it lots of thought. Those unavoidable innocent deaths aren't just shrugged off, someone still killed innocent people, which makes them a murderer.

No one likes a murderer, especially a foreign mass murderer.

Historically, that hasn't really weighed very heavily on the conscience of leaders. War was survival. Whether you be on the offense or the defense. If you couldn't wage an effective war, you probably didn't fly your flag for very long. Rumsfeld said it best: weakness is provocative. I'll sleep quite well at night providing sufficient evidence to the rest of the world that weak we are not.

I for one would like a full accounting on the Paki's part. I remember the line "You're either with us or against us!" I think PStan is definitely in the spotlight. Cut their funds, tell their Prez to rid his administration of terrorist/Taliban supporters or we will do it for him. No threats, no blustering, just the declaration and a 90 day deadline. All this diplomacy and posturing needs to end. Probably won't happen though.

I agree with the end goal, but not the method. No threats, just action. We've been the permissive parent with the constant "If you do that one more time" refrain long enough. The line in the sand has already been drawn; people are more than aware of its location. Yes, cut the non-debt payments to foreign nations, but leave well enough alone when it comes to their choice of leadership and governance. But under no circumstances do we flinch or hesitate when they bring their **** to our front door.

Top Bottom