• ...and so much more!
  • awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This!

If we go to war against Pakistan, count on losing a LOT more than a few thousand folks. We nuke Pakistan, China nukes us, then Russia nukes us and China, then NK nukes SK because China nuked us, then Iran begins hitting bases in Iraq and Israel. Israel nukes anything not nailed down.

Nuking anything is a flashpoint, pure and simple. Then WE ALL die. Let your ethnocentrism and religious ferver die a little bit unless you want everything you ever had or lost, anything you ever loved or hated, everything, now gone due to bloodlust over fallen friends. The days of getting drunk, remembering friends lost in the Crusades, grabbing your sword and sticking it into the closest Moor you can find are over. Now, everyone can nuke each other at whim... :rolleyes:

I lost a friend too in Iraq. Miss him big time, like one would never believe. But to threaten everyone because of hate and rash action, that is foolish compounded thousand fold.

Nonviolent first: Cut aid. They obviously DONT want it, and should not get it if we can PROVE they aided and abetted him. But I would think it's individuals, not the entire nationstate, at fault here.

If one wants action, I can't even believe I am saying this, but begin damaging infrastructure. Cut their meager utilities. Bleed them dry.

But nukes, glassing the place, poison gas, biological warfare, where are we going to draw the line for our hate to subside? How much pain and destruction are we willing to sow before we become the monsters themselves? :twocents:

Nukes... nukes... When will it stop? Nukes are the dumbest thing. We have the power to end everything many times over. MAD right? Why in the hell would we pull that rabbit out of the hat? If we use it, it then becomes ok for others to use it. We get closer to MAD. No thank you. Conventional weaponry is powerful enough. Carpet bombing is never a good thing btw. Too many innocents. AND STOP this war mongering. The more innocents you kill the more terrorists form elsewhere. You can't nuke everyone because the planet will be gone. SERIOUSLY stop the nuke talk... its just silly end of the world stuff we shouldn't touch.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Pakistan warns America not to stage any more raids - Yahoo! News

We send them what--$3.5 BILLION in aid and THEY threaten US?

"Hello, Mr. Rokita..." :xmad::xmad::xmad:
    We pay them to control their nukes, hunt terrorist and allow us access to the Khyber Pass. In theory, this helps keep the entire world safer. We borrow the money from China.

Seems to me it would be a win-win if China paid them directly. Seriously, why are we footing the bill for all this extortion. We need to make others pay for their own security. Right wrong or indifferent, the Europeans were more or less forced to carry much of the load in Libya.

EDIT: I just ran across this article where Pakistan is paying (probably our money) Washington lobbyist to keep Congress from cutting off the aid.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011...E7445GK20110505?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I saw Col Peters on this afternoon. He said it was time that we dropped the cold war mindset and accept that Pakistan is a corrupt Islamofascist terrorist country and stop supporting them. We should realize that India is our natural ally in that region, being the only democracy there.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I have some questions about Pakistan.

1) How did we fly 4 loud, slow, and lumbering 47s into the middle of Pakistan without them being molested by something?

2) How did we fly 3 loud, slow, and lumbering 47s OUT of the middle of Pakistan with OBLs body on board and not have them molested by something?

3) How did we occupy a compound in what is described as "The West Point of Pakistan" for 40 minutes without being overrun?

Me thinks a deal was struck in some back room, for Pakistan to turn off the radars and sirens for a day and just play dumb. I just wonder what we gave them.

Upgraded missile tech for their nukes while we let the Indians think they were getting one on the Pakis by letting us launch from there:dunno:;)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Nukes... nukes... When will it stop? Nukes are the dumbest thing. We have the power to end everything many times over. MAD right? Why in the hell would we pull that rabbit out of the hat? If we use it, it then becomes ok for others to use it. We get closer to MAD. No thank you. Conventional weaponry is powerful enough. Carpet bombing is never a good thing btw. Too many innocents. AND STOP this war mongering. The more innocents you kill the more terrorists form elsewhere. You can't nuke everyone because the planet will be gone. SERIOUSLY stop the nuke talk... its just silly end of the world stuff we shouldn't touch.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Maybe you should reread my posts, you and I are not too far off from topic. It's the folks that WANT to use nukes that is the problem.

Not everyone on the board is out to get you! :D

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Maybe you should reread my posts, you and I are not too far off from topic. It's the folks that WANT to use nukes that is the problem.

Not everyone on the board is out to get you! :D

No I wasn't disagreeing with anyone person. It is the general idea I am against. And many earlier posters voiced it. BUT thanks!! :-D Seriously.. One thread had me derailed a bit.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Top Bottom