• Total voters

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a Shield and I like it. I bought it before the Glock came out and at the time I had a FS M&P so I figured it would make a nice pair.

Yesterday, I handled the G43 at a shop and honestly I really like it. I think I would buy that over my Shield if I hadn't already bought one.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Shield is my choice. I have abused my shield on a regular basis. I have put a lot of round through it... Thousands with very little cleaning and really just an occasional wipe down. I wanted to really make sure I could trust it for summer carry it has passed in my test.

28stqx3.jpg

2yug8x5.jpg

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    I don't have a preference on which one to own, both are nice guns. I have read enough on INGO to realize that a lot of guys are very hard core brand loyal, and will argue forever about which is the better choice. I have had tons of guns in my life, I am not brand loyal, I just like new guns every couple of months.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I shot a shield and loved how accurate and smooth it was. Bought one to possibly replace my daily carry CM9. The Shield I bought was neither smooth or accurate. Traded it and a P238 for a P938. Sweet pistol. Still carry the CM9. Went to buy the Glock 43 recently and somehow ended up with a FNS-9c! :dunno: I'm beginning to think I will never own a Glock. :ugh:

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Hard not to love my Glocks...but not just because they are Glocks! I really wanted to love the G43...but just couldn't! Many of my friends love it...just not for me. Shield for me in this category all day! Of course it won't replace my 17's or 19's...but then again, that's not the role of the Shield anyway! For its class...I have found none better. (Personal opinion...which is like a you-know-what...which we all have one of, so take that for for what it's worth.)

tomray3of4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    United States
    I decided on the Shield and am now the proud owner. May keep the G43 on the long list of wants but will have to wait a while since the single stack 9mm ccw has been checked off the list. I think AR and 22 rifle are the next logical choices for me.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I decided on the Shield and am now the proud owner. May keep the G43 on the long list of wants but will have to wait a while since the single stack 9mm ccw has been checked off the list. I think AR and 22 rifle are the next logical choices for me.

nice!

22 rifles are sort of a must have for gun owners. Everybody should own a .22 rifle, shotgun, full size centerfire pistol and smaller backup pistol. An AR or defensive shotgun is icing on the cake.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART

Great choice. You will be well pleased with your Shield, and I think that you will find like I did that the Shield is far more accurate than it should be for such a small pistol.

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    I was in the same situation a few months ago. I rented both and shot them. The shield felt good and shot well. I was honestly a bit let down after shooting the 43, I really wanted to like it but just didn't.

Add to the fact the shield has a larger capacity, metal sights and a lower price it was a no brainier for me. I still feel the 43 has a higher build quality (based on my subjectivity) but I couldn't justify having to throw more money into a more expensive pistol (mag extensions, metal sights).

When a Black Friday deal came up on the shield and it was less than I can get a blue label 43 it was gave over.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Shoot both. Pick the one you like more. You can't really go wrong. Both are top of the line single stack CCW's.

I had a shield and sold it. I now have a G43. I like the G43 a lot better, but that's just what works better for me.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The Shield wins on price and it is a fantastic shooter and coupled with the slightly higher capacity it scores even more points. I have a Glock 43 and I wouldn't trade it for a Shield despite how much I really like and respect that little gun. I've added the Ghost +2 magazine extensions for it and that made an incredible difference in the way it handled with heavier 9mm loads.

There is no reason to NOT buy a Shield that is related to it's performance or reliability, price or capacity. However I am a bigger fan of Glock than I am of S&W I opted for the G43 (I also own a G42) and after adding those mag extension I feel like I've made the right decision for me. Again, the Shield is a phenomenal weapon and I've recommended it to people more times that I could count. The Shield is cheaper and has a higher factory capacity than the Glock. Glock has a better trigger and no external manual safety (Shield is optional). Either way you'll end up with a fantastic weapon but it isn't an easy choice on some fronts. good luck!

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Spent quite a lot of time researching and comparing the M&P Shield vs G43. Ultimately ended up buying the 43 and now am a little unsure if I made the right choice. Might have to re-consider. Thanks all for the valuable opinions.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Spent quite a lot of time researching and comparing the M&P Shield vs G43. Ultimately ended up buying the 43 and now am a little unsure if I made the right choice. Might have to re-consider. Thanks all for the valuable opinions.

Both are fine guns. Just enjoy your G43 and stop over thinking. It's just a gun.

Top Bottom