• ...and so much more!
  • Help me choose

• Total voters

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    For me, the G43 pointed more naturally and fit my hand better. Both were the same accuracy wise.

I also liked the G43 trigger more. I have a PPQ and CZ, so I like a trigger that feels more like a 2-stage in a pistol. Take up the slack, feel the wall, apply a bit more pressure, and it clicks. I actually really like the trigger on the G43.

Basically, everything that swayed me to the G43 was subjective. But I did like it more. It had an initial cost about $50-100 more than the Shield. Then I had to buy mag extensions (another $40). Sights on the G43 and Shield did not work for me, so that was a wash. I had the extra $100, so I went with the one that worked better for me.

That said, some people may actually like the shield more. If so, save yourself the money and just go with the Shield. But if you've got the extra $ and like the Glock, go for it.

I am interested in your opinion. What specifically made the Glock 43 the winner?

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I am interested in your opinion. What specifically made the Glock 43 the winner?

I really didn't care for the grip on the Shield/slide seemed wider than the 43 made it feel top heavy to me. The Shield's trigger was also not as good for me as the 43. Shield had more felt recoil than the 43. Now the Shield as far as magazine capacity wins huge over the 43 7+1 or 8+1. I did put a Pearce +1 extension on the 43 so i am at 7+1.

Yes my screen name is glock lol but I do own sigs, 1911s, and S&W MP 40 which i really like. Not saying the shield isn't a good gun heck it works for a lot of people I just preferred the 43 for the above reasons

Icejon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    G43 for me. Glock 43 has a slimmer profile and is less finicky. It's possibly the best pocket nine out there.

TechJunkie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    At My Computer
    G43 for me. Glock 43 has a slimmer profile and is less finicky. It's possibly the best pocket nine out there.

I have a Glock 26 and a Shield 9. Both have fired every round I have fed them with no issues. I haven't found anything "finicky" about the shield unless I am missing something. I trust and rely on both equally. I would not consider my Shield a pocket gun though it is only 2mm wider than the Glock 43.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    It appears to be a Aliengear Cloak Tuck 3.0[/QU

You sir are correct it's the same IWB holster I use to carry my Shield and are buying one for my newly acquired 4.25" M&P Pro.

Aliengear 3.0 Cloak Tucks are VERY reasonably priced as well.

Last edited:

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I have a rather bad habit of researching all major purchases as thoroughly as it takes to convince myself I am making the best ALL AROUND choice for THE MONEY. It is no different with firearms. Before I bought my pistol of choice for EDCC, I developed a list of "must Haves" for any pistol to be seriously considered. I spent a considerable time looking at and actually physically examining pistols from Glock, Kel-tec, CZ, S&W, Walther, Berretta, SF XDs. In the end I bought the Shield over all other HGs in my price range for the fallowing two reasons as all other factors were equal. #1-The Shield TO ME felt and fit in my hands the best without doubt. #2-For a lack of a better way to put it, the Shields trigger simply "worked" the best for me.

Now I in no way am trying to imply that the Shield is in any way a superior to the G43 or any other HG for EDCC, I'm just saying it worked best FOR ME. HGs are just like bows in that to really be able to make a informed choice you need to shoot them if at all possible, otherwise you are relying almost entirely on how well the HG fits in your hands. So if you aren't able to shoot either or both, then I would handle both preferably side by side as much as needed to make your choice.

Regardless of which you buy the G43 or the Shield, you will have great completely reliable HG that you know you can rely on completely.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    G43 with the +1 extension fits my hand well and is very easy to conceal. It's snappy but it's a Glock. I carry a Glock every day and have always had reliability and function from all of the ones I own. I would suggest seeing which one fits you better and try to shoot both of them.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Reading all the posts on this thread really makes me glad to be an American, where we can freely enjoy all the great choices of firearms. I own both. I like them both.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Love my pps :)

Hey new guy do not be changing the subject! ;) Actually the PPS does enter into the equation here. I have the original PPS and it is very similar in size to the shield but has a very Glock like trigger and feels a bit thinner. I have not handled a new PPS but the pictures look good. I think it is a contender.

Same me goes for the XDs.

Top Bottom