• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Ok so because the clerk behind the counter is someone elses loved one it is of no concern to you? interesting.

so if your certified in CPR and someone is choking....? thats no concern of yours either?

Bad analogy.

1. When performing CPR, you are absolved of any legal liability if things go badly. It's a LOT fuzzier if you shoot someone.

2. If CPR or Heimlich is needed, the worst-case scenario is the same as the result of doing nothing. In the robbery example, there is a wide range of possible outcomes, some better, some worse.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    :rolleyes:

You can spin it around and try to make me the bad guy all you want. You'd rather let some poor unfortunate person be murdered than lift a finger to help. You simply don't have what it takes to step in and help others in their moment of need. You know it. I know it. Everyone reading these comments knows it.

Sounds like some of you have an inherent desire to shot someone. It's easy to puff your chest out on line. I have a feeling that some of you will find yourselves rocking on the ground in fetal position if you were ever faced with this kind of situation.

Seriously. With responders in this thread who carry saying "I'm not sure what I would do", it begs the question "why are you carrying at all?" I'm not necessarily a proponent of shooting the BG in the back, but if you're not preparing for, or already prepared for a real encounter, then why do you carry? For show? For self-esteem.....or lack thereof?

It also makes me wonder about those who apparently can't wait to shoot a BG in the back. What if the apparent robbery was a gag by a radio station or some "candid camera" routine? The "Gung Ho's" are now guilty of murder and soon to be Bubba's *****.

Could I live with myself watching the old lady get gunned down? It has happened long before I was on this planet and it will continue to happen after I've gone. When I made the choice to carry, it was to defend my family and myself. Anybody else has to make their own choice for self-defense. I never volunteered to be the savior of the general populace when I armed.

None of this is to say that I wouldn't pop the BG if caught in that or a similar situation. My point in this response is to advise that if you don't have a framework of training and preparation behind you, you might just want to take the "witness" route, but maybe keep your hand on your gun just in case BG comes after you.

Like Tom1025 said earlier, 'it's easy to talk big on-line', especially by those whom have never faced opposing lead of the flying sort. There's a whole lot of trouble to be gotten into, including death, by spur-of-the-moment decision-making. If that's all one is relying on then they are more apt to become reduced to statistical digit of death, prison or "broke by reason of civil suit".

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Legally you are justified in shooting as the threat is immediate, he has the means and opportunity to carry it out. As for the fallout, that is a question you need to ask yourself before you get into that situation... Are you prepared to take a life?

Top Bottom