• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    people not keeping there dogs on there land makes for bad neighbors........my dogs stay where they are suppost to stay......and i want the same from my neighbors....everyone around here knows to keep control of there animals.....or else...

:yesway:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    people not keeping there dogs on there land makes for bad neighbors........my dogs stay where they are suppost to stay......and i want the same from my neighbors....everyone around here knows to keep control of there animals.....or else...

Yup. And that sort of thing leads to long term feuds. We dealt with it as the situation dictated, and sometimes that required killing. I'm just saying killing is the nuclear option and long term it's better for everyone if you an avoid it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yup. And that sort of thing leads to long term feuds. We dealt with it as the situation dictated, and sometimes that required killing. I'm just saying killing is the nuclear option and long term it's better for everyone if you an avoid it.
    I've always considered small claims court or calling "the fuzz" as the Nuclear Option. Nothing ruins that neighborly feeling like getting served by the local Sheriff.

If you let your pet wander and it disappears, that is all but expected.

Heck, the coyotes around here have kept the outdoor cat and small dog population in check. The traffic on the county road does a decent job as well.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've always considered small claims court or calling "the fuzz" as the Nuclear Option.

Today? Probably. It wasn't even considered as an available option for the time/place I'm talking about. I saw a police car on my road maybe 5 times in my life, and they were all game wardens. Err, conservation officers. Usually they were there to visit my grandfather.

Different times. I've mentioned I'd been a cop for about 5 years before I learned running a still was illegal...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The problem I see is that the kind of people who let their dogs (or kids) be destructive are the kind to vandalize your property if you do anything about it.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Today? Probably. It wasn't even considered as an available option for the time/place I'm talking about. I saw a police car on my road maybe 5 times in my life, and they were all game wardens. Err, conservation officers. Usually they were there to visit my grandfather.

Different times. I've mentioned I'd been a cop for about 5 years before I learned running a still was illegal...

It's not illegal any more than suppressors are. You just have to get a license and pay the tax. Then it is perfectly legal :-)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The problem I see is that the kind of people who let their dogs (or kids) be destructive are the kind to vandalize your property if you do anything about it.

That works both ways you know.
    I am not one to tear up your stuff if you vandalize anything I own but you best not let me see you out and about.

Top Bottom