• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We are due in about 10 weeks with twins so the wife and I headed to Keystone at the Crossing to visit Babies"R"Us and buybuy BABY. Turns out they are a stone's throw yet a world apart in more ways than one.

Coming in from the west meant we stopped at Babies "R" Us first, where we were greeted by a GFZ sign. I balked, then got "the look"... So I disarmed and went in anyway. We weren't there to spend any money, just to look around and maybe add some things to her shower registry. I was happy to hear she hadn't registered there yet and after walking the aisles we went over to buybuy BABY...

I had re-armed when we had gotten back to the car with the full expectation of having to disarm again after the hop, skip, and jump over to buybuy BABY... Not so!

No GFZ sign so we went right on in and had a really enjoyable time, well over an hour, shopping around. We even talked to a couple of associates who never even mentioned my sidearm. We also spent a lot of time shopping the same aisles as families with young children in tow without incident. No terrified MDA types, no MWAG calls, no 5 y.o. gun-grabbing girls, nothing!

We went about our business without incident as it should be. Needless to say even though the prices are virtually identical I (we) liked buybuy BABY much better and I encourage all INGOers to vote with their feet (and wallets) when it comes to these two stores.

And being the engineer-geek type I am, I have to say how impressed I was with all the cool, trick stuff rugrats have these days. The companies which make this stuff must invest a ton in R&D when it comes to car seats, strollers, even furniture... But man, this stuff is EXPENSIVE! Thank goodness for help from our families (including the two best sets of in-laws I could ever have).

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yep, that's definitely the place to go to if you're carrying.
    It wouldn't hurt to let the management know that it's appreciated.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Since I have kids, situations like this are exactly why I CC. I have nothing against OC, but it's nice to be able to go into "GFZs" without disarming. Glad to hear that Buy Buy Baby was a good experience.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Since I have kids, situations like this are exactly why I CC. I have nothing against OC, but it's nice to be able to go into "GFZs" without disarming. Glad to hear that Buy Buy Baby was a good experience.

You are in Noblesville, so it's not like you lack retail options. Why would you give money to GFZs and support them?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I walked right passed those GFZ stickers for about 6 months before I noticed. Lot of good they do.....

Word of advice: put up with all of the email/mail spam and SIGN UP for the discount programs. We got CASES of free diapers that way, and discounts/coupons for all kinds of stuff.

And yes, this stuff is EX-PEN-SIVE.

Edit: congrats, BTW!

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    You are in Noblesville, so it's not like you lack retail options. Why would you give money to GFZs and support them?
    Because when my kids or wife want to go to Conner Prairie there isn't another option like it. It's simply a personal preference. If I looked hard enough I could find a reason to boycott just about anything. I choose to not live my life perpetually offended.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Because when my kids or wife want to go to Conner Prairie there isn't another option like it. It's simply a personal preference. If I looked hard enough I could find a reason to boycott just about anything. I choose to not live my life perpetually offended.

It has nothing to do with being offended. It has everything to do with wanting to avoid criminal empowerment zones and minimizing how many exist.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    It has nothing to do with being offended. It has everything to do with wanting to avoid criminal empowerment zones and minimizing how many exist.
    I'm not looking to argue. I'll live my life as I choose and you can do the same. With my family in tow it truly isn't worth it to me to continuously cross a store off my list of places I can shop.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I'm not looking to argue. I'll live my life as I choose and you can do the same. With my family in tow it truly isn't worth it to me to continuously cross a store off my list of places I can shop.

I just don't get why others who don't G A S about other peoples rights constantly push there opinions on others who don't believe what they believe in.
    Some of the open carry , not obey posted signs crowd are as annoying as the lbgt movement.
    Heven forbid someone recognizes and obeys the property owners wishes.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just don't get why others who don't G A S about other peoples rights constantly push there opinions on others who don't believe what they believe in.
    Some of the open carry , not obey posted signs crowd are as annoying as the lbgt movement.
    Heven forbid someone recognizes and obeys the property owners wishes.

Do I understand that you believe that it is wrong to OC into a store with a no gun sign, But take no exception to Nakinite CCing into the same store? Maybe I misread.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Nope,, I'm a firm believer that you should obey the property owners wishes.
    His or her house , there rules.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Do I understand that you believe that it is wrong to OC into a store with a no gun sign, But take no exception to Nakinite CCing into the same store? Maybe I misread.

If you're going to cheat on your girlfriend, at least have the courtesy to sneak around. Flaunting it in front of her is just going to make it worse. Or will lead to awesomeness, if adult movies are to be believed. Wait, what was the question?

newdave61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2015
    Avon
    Nope,, I'm a firm believer that you should obey the property owners wishes.
    His or her house , there rules.

Because corporations are people, right?

I'm firmly in the camp of CC everywhere. I suspect everyone here knows those GFZs are there because the companies perceive they will make more sales without them on premises. Well, what the customers don't know won't hurt 'em.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Because corporations are people, right?

I'm firmly in the camp of CC everywhere. I suspect everyone here knows those GFZs are there because the companies perceive they will make more sales without them on premises. Well, what the customers don't know won't hurt 'em.

This thread had been completely derailed.

Last edited:

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013

Same here. I conceal to avoid having to deal with the hassles OC may bring. I give a standing ovation though to those who do not let such hassles persuade them not to OC.

Top Bottom