Beech Grove
    6356966299692942751289502574_Staying_On_Topic_.jpg

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    That's great news, CB. I, too, open carry, and I disregard signs like that. I do not go into places with those signs, however, except one time, because I didn't see it. I went in to a Value City Furniture to spend ~$3000 on a new sofa. I was asked to disarm. I told her that we would be shopping somewhere else.

It's good to see there's an alternative to the "R" Us chain. I have no kids, but wouldn't set foot in there if I did.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    If we had another store I would gladly skip R us. Unfortunately we really don't so I cc. I will say Burlington has a decent kids selection. Especially Clothes

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I don't pay attention to gfz signs since I cc but I'm sure target and the mall in Bloomington are gfz. Guy there yesterday didn't seem to care he OCed with no issue. I was impressed and jealous of his refusal to comply. I felt safe knowing the two of us had guns to defend our little ones.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't pay attention to gfz signs since I cc but I'm sure target and the mall in Bloomington are gfz. Guy there yesterday didn't seem to care he OCed with no issue. I was impressed and jealous of his refusal to comply. I felt safe knowing the two of us had guns to defend our little ones.

I usually walk right in OCing past GFZ signs but not with the preggers wife. She's a follow the rules type and needs further education on which rules patriots should break.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I usually walk right in OCing past GFZ signs but not with the preggers wife. She's a follow the rules type and needs further education on which rules patriots should break.
    Fair enough. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I was just trying to convey my reasoning for CC (I've ocd plenty in the past) since I have my family with me more often than not. Congrats on the pregnancy!

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

So, what other citizens and or corporations rights should a patriot break or disobey.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    So, what other citizens and or corporations rights should a patriot break or disobey.

Any which infringe on our rights. No publicly traded company should be allowed to make determinations such as GFZ signs. If you are a privately owned business, go for it, you'll receive none of my money, but a corporation that sells shares, that I can buy, should not be making those decisions.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

When it comes to protecting my family I'll break rules. Laws, not so much. But I won't disarm in most GFZs since it isn't illegal to carry in most.

Ok, I'll ask for the third time, what other rules and or laws should a patriot break.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Ok, I'll ask for the third time, what other rules and or laws should a patriot break.
    It isn't really my place to say. That's a personal choice everyone has to make for themselves. For instance, my employer prohibits me from carrying at work. I comply with that. My job security is too important. You have to weigh consequences and determine what you're willing to potentially give up.

Last edited:

ron8924

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    SouthWest IN
    We are due in about 10 weeks with twins so the wife and I headed to Keystone at the Crossing to visit Babies"R"Us and buybuy BABY. Turns out they are a stone's throw yet a world apart in more ways than one.

Coming in from the west meant we stopped at Babies "R" Us first, where we were greeted by a GFZ sign. I balked, then got "the look"... So I disarmed and went in anyway. We weren't there to spend any money, just to look around and maybe add some things to her shower registry. I was happy to hear she hadn't registered there yet and after walking the aisles we went over to buybuy BABY...

I had re-armed when we had gotten back to the car with the full expectation of having to disarm again after the hop, skip, and jump over to buybuy BABY... Not so!

No GFZ sign so we went right on in and had a really enjoyable time, well over an hour, shopping around. We even talked to a couple of associates who never even mentioned my sidearm. We also spent a lot of time shopping the same aisles as families with young children in tow without incident. No terrified MDA types, no MWAG calls, no 5 y.o. gun-grabbing girls, nothing!

We went about our business without incident as it should be. Needless to say even though the prices are virtually identical I (we) liked buybuy BABY much better and I encourage all INGOers to vote with their feet (and wallets) when it comes to these two stores.

And being the engineer-geek type I am, I have to say how impressed I was with all the cool, trick stuff rugrats have these days. The companies which make this stuff must invest a ton in R&D when it comes to car seats, strollers, even furniture... But man, this stuff is EXPENSIVE! Thank goodness for help from our families (including the two best sets of in-laws I could ever have).

Congrats!! My wife and I recently went to toys r us and babies r us and i noticed these signs also, i was CC so i walked right in. If i would have been called out in the store i would have gladly went to the car and disarmed, like others have said i am not going to go into a store with my wife just cause there is a GFZ sticker.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Okay, I'll take the bait...

When I was growing up I was taught to obey authority. Seems correct at face value, right? Some of my parents' good intentions, followed now, would result in me voluntarily waiving my Constitutional rights, particularly my 4th and 5th Amendment rights. A patriot knows his or her rights and exercises them, even if (and especially when) "rules" or "norms" infringe upon them. Good enough?

As for "rules" vs. "laws" what about the Civil Rights Movement? Those who broke unjust laws and went to jail for it were true patriots and their sacrifice was worth it, just as our Colonists' sacrifice was. They broke a few "rules" and "laws" too.

Last edited:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Very good, it wasn't bait at all, you made a statement and I just asked for clarification. That's it plain and simple.
    And that's a good answer Sir, Actually a much better answer than I expected.
    And I agree with you, I just don't call myself a patriot, I am a American Citizen.
    Squirrel

Top Bottom