• maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    haha

OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSE THAN THEY APPEAR
    Another prepper and I were discussing over lunch today the potential difficulties of delivering children in a post-SHTF scenario.

As such, we're coming out with a vasectomy kit one could use to perform the procedure on himself with just items you already have on hand (Whiskey, signal mirror, Surefire, tourniquet, kevlar string and AK dust cover).

All packaged up in small container that fits in any bugout bag.

More news forthcoming.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Another prepper and I were discussing over lunch today the potential difficulties of delivering children in a post-SHTF scenario.

As such, we're coming out with a vasectomy kit one could use to perform the procedure on himself with just items you already have on hand (Whiskey, signal mirror, Surefire, tourniquet, kevlar string and AK dust cover).

All packaged up in small container that fits in any bugout bag.

More news forthcoming.

Starting with the big V is silly

Try pulling out or just stop it for the time being

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I don't get this at all.
    So in this SHTF fantasy, you're just going to survive until you die. No effort towards survival of the species... just you, until you eek out your final, .... what ... 20, 30 more years of exsistence until you expire, with your cold, dead hands clutching your emasculated testicles?????
    Excuse me, but you may need that seed to father the next generation of survivalists. You're progeny may be the things that actually save your ass in this imaginary, post-SHTF world.
    Leave the boys alone!

Do you really want him as the father of civilization? Seriously?

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Obviously none of you have seen "Hell goes to Frogtown" {Roddy Piper}
    The story of the last fertile man on a quest to repopulate earth...

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Wow this has to be one of the silliest ideas I have ever read lol, So all throughout history when people didn't have the modern convinces that we have (or in other words lived how we would have to in SHTF) their biggest concern was Birth Control? I think if that becomes an issue which I doubt because we are going to have to reproduce to survive in the long run, I will rely on non surgical methods that have little to no risk of a life threatening infection. But to be totally transparent my medically trained doctor has already performed this so I will only be able to be the warm up act!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Or just use this??? :dunno:

My thoughts exactly.......or perhaps use other methods with your partner to quell those hormonal urges?

Reminds me of the (fictional) story of how NASA spent $12 million dollars to develop a pen that would work in outer space. The Russians used a pencil.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    There's a trial and error process in everything. That's the point, we need to get this down PRIOR to shtf.

He has almost total mobility back and the docs aren't too worried. I also learned somthing valuable: you can administer anitbiotics through an I.V. I didn't know that before.

I'm working on a simplified procedure for that as well. Since my buddy is in the hospital, I'm practicing this on a neighborhood cat. In an actual scenario, I won't have to deal with shaving the hair first, which was difficult with the cat.

I should just get everything in a cohesive presentation before I show everyone, rather than just give bits and pieces of info at a time.

If you don't want to get her pregnant, why don't you concentrate on surviving and keep it in your pants until the situation improves. If that doesn't work for you - and her - if you can count to 14 you've got about a week after her menses ends and a couple days before it starts when she won't be fertile. If she knows when she's going to ovulate, you need to abstain at least five days before and about five-to-seven days afterwards to minimize the chances of pregnancy. But abstinence is 100% effective every time it's tried.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I'm just gonna say when I think of a post-SHTF "To-Do" List unneeded surgeries, particularly near an area that uses A LOT OF BLOOD and can do horrible things to my ability to urinate are...rather far down on the list. Just below "Entering Burned out suburb of Chicago with a loud trolly full of food" and just above "train wild adult grizzly bear to safeguard the house".

Top Bottom