• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I think I've seen this thread before....................God forbid you say anything bad about a CZ:rolleyes: If you say anything good about a Sig, well you are just wrong because "experts" don't agree with it. A lot of hypocrisy on here that makes me laugh.:ingo:

Just goes to show it is all perspective, because I thought it was the other way around.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I have owned or currently own all 3 of the 9 mm pistols you mentioned. I don't own a sig anymore and I haven't shot my Beretta since I bought a cz75 last year. I believe it to be the best shooting and most ergonomic double stack 9 mm ever made.

Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    The thing that was interesting me when holding both of them, is that even though barrel/overall length is very similar between the two, the CZ felt "smaller" in my hand. I mean I still felt grip-wise like I was holding a fullsize handgun, but it didn't seem so big in general. Whereas the Sig still felt excellent, but seemed like a bigger gun overall. That's why I'm kind of shocked looking at the specs and seeing they are so close in dimensions and weight.

Guys, I think I gonna go for a CZ75B first...and a SIG somewhere not too far down the road. I think with the CZ, I can get some of the upgrades from Cajun Gun Works to lighten/smooth the DA pull, and pick up a couple thousand rounds of 9mm and have an excellent gun for range/HD and not feel like I spent too much.
    I know I know "think of it as an investment", and "money doesn't matter if your life depends on it"....but I don't think I can go wrong with either in terms of reliability.
    So for now, I'll go CZ, and save the SIG for later :)

Thanks for all the input, and thanks for keeping is fairly civil. I'm always afraid to post anything like this for fear it'll start a war, but I appreciate the views you guys shared here.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The thing that was interesting me when holding both of them, is that even though barrel/overall length is very similar between the two, the CZ felt "smaller" in my hand. I mean I still felt grip-wise like I was holding a fullsize handgun, but it didn't seem so big in general. Whereas the Sig still felt excellent, but seemed like a bigger gun overall. That's why I'm kind of shocked looking at the specs and seeing they are so close in dimensions and weight.

Guys, I think I gonna go for a CZ75B first...and a SIG somewhere not too far down the road. I think with the CZ, I can get some of the upgrades from Cajun Gun Works to lighten/smooth the DA pull, and pick up a couple thousand rounds of 9mm and have an excellent gun for range/HD and not feel like I spent too much.
    I know I know "think of it as an investment", and "money doesn't matter if your life depends on it"....but I don't think I can go wrong with either in terms of reliability.
    So for now, I'll go CZ, and save the SIG for later :)

Thanks for all the input, and thanks for keeping is fairly civil. I'm always afraid to post anything like this for fear it'll start a war, but I appreciate the views you guys shared here.

There's no bad choice. I had a CZ long before I had a Sig. I'm still just not sure what folks are talking about with the trigger, because its certainly grittier than Sig out of the box, has a longer reset, and stacks more. The real difference to me, though, is the factory sights. They seem smaller and harder to acquire to me. If you're going to swap them out anyway, though, not an issue, and if I plan to carry it it gets Trijicon HD's these days.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There's no bad choice. I had a CZ long before I had a Sig. I'm still just not sure what folks are talking about with the trigger, because its certainly grittier than Sig out of the box, has a longer reset, and stacks more. The real difference to me, though, is the factory sights. They seem smaller and harder to acquire to me. If you're going to swap them out anyway, though, not an issue, and if I plan to carry it it gets Trijicon HD's these days.

I think you're right about the OOB CZ trigger. The CZ required extensive "shooting in" or modification to reach its potential. IMO the CZ has more potential than the others.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Comparing a CZ 75B and a Sig Sauer P226 w/ E2 grip . . .

If you have short fingers and/or small hands, the Sig is probably going to work better for you as long as 1) it has the newer E2 grip, and 2) it has the short trigger.

There's not much you can do to the CZ 75B to make it easier for people with raccoon hands to reach all the controls. When I had mine, I could almost reach the trigger in double action if I moved my grip so that it was recoiling against my thumb instead of my palm. I could shoot it single action, but I could not reach the thumb safety at all.

I had a very sweet German P226 from the late 1980s or early 1990s for a long time. I finally sold it because I had to admit I couldn't reach the trigger. Then I lucked into a stainless P226 with a rail for a deal I couldn't pass. It already had both the short trigger and the short reset installed and I could almost reach the trigger. The obijohn installed the E2 grip on it and now I can shoot it! Well, I can shoot it about three times before it gets too heavy to hold in the air. It weighs about the same as my Silverado.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

If you have short fingers and/or small hands, the Sig is probably going to work better for you as long as 1) it has the newer E2 grip, and 2) it has the short trigger.

There's not much you can do to the CZ 75B to make it easier for people with raccoon hands to reach all the controls. When I had mine, I could almost reach the trigger in double action if I moved my grip so that it was recoiling against my thumb instead of my palm. I could shoot it single action, but I could not reach the thumb safety at all.

I had a very sweet German P226 from the late 1980s or early 1990s for a long time. I finally sold it because I had to admit I couldn't reach the trigger. Then I lucked into a stainless P226 with a rail for a deal I couldn't pass. It already had both the short trigger and the short reset installed and I could almost reach the trigger. The obijohn installed the E2 grip on it and now I can shoot it! Well, I can shoot it about three times before it gets too heavy to hold in the air. It weighs about the same as my Silverado.

Rhino, you have been teaching school too long. With a phrase like that your starting to sound like a Millennial!

I am partial to SIG's because I have used one for duty and personal use for over 15 years and they are great shooters. I like the CZ because they feel great are all steel and rock solid dependable and run and run, as good as the SIG's. I personally am not a fan of the M9. This is because of carrying and using one in a 21 year Military career (I carried one almost everyday for about 13 years of that 21 years). While the Beretta does work using them and teaching/repairing them in the Military I will say there are better designs out there.

Good Luck
    Hold a the SIG with the new E2 grip next to a SIG without it and they feel like a two different guns.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

There are reach reduction and short reset kits available for the full line of modern CZs. :yesway:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I think I've seen this thread before....................God forbid you say anything bad about a CZ:rolleyes: If you say anything good about a Sig, well you are just wrong because "experts" don't agree with it. A lot of hypocrisy on here that makes me laugh.:ingo:

Are you gonna use the "my gun rules and your guns sucks because your hometown high school football coach does meth" argument again? :):

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Aren't the X5 and the like geared toward race gun? Seriously, I am asking. I know very little about competitive shooting.

Contrary to popular belief, competition gun and race gun are not interchangeable terms. There are divisions within both USPSA and IDPA for normal guns like the 226, cz75, glock 17/34, beretta 92, M&P, et al.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The three choices you are looking at shoot well, handle well, and will last you forever. Mags can be had cheaper or more $$ depending on the choice. Handle them and shoot them if possible. You will know the right path.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    :n00b: That made my brain hurt.

Yep, so do a lot of responses in this thread:D

Are you gonna use the "my gun rules and your guns sucks because your hometown high school football coach does meth" argument again? :):

Actually, I never said any of my guns "ruled" nor did I mention anything about High School football. I coached against MS(Middle School) coaches, but who is keeping track?:yesway:

Carry on, Back to thread.

Top Bottom