• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'm down around Beanblossom in Brown County and I have a CZ 75 and a Sig 228 you could shoot. Problem would be coordinating schedules and weather this time of year. I carry the 75 OWB in custom kydex. The 228 IWB in leather. The 228 is kind of a compact 226.

Ok...let me throw this wrench into it...what if I wanted to carry it? I'm not a small guy...and I can IWB a full size 1911 just fine...I know these are both a little thicker, but weigh a couple ounces less than a 5" 1911....anyone CCW either of these beasts?

TurnandShoot, I'm down with that suggestion...just not sure who around here is near the east side of Indy/Greenfield...

Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    Oh I know Morgantown...I used to dispatch for Morgan County...I don't make it down there often, but I'll keep you in mind, and appreciate the offer.

To the other poster, I had looked into an SP2022, but it comes in only 3oz less than a 226...I would need much more weight savings than that to pick it over the 226...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ok...let me throw this wrench into it...what if I wanted to carry it? I'm not a small guy...and I can IWB a full size 1911 just fine...I know these are both a little thicker, but weigh a couple ounces less than a 5" 1911....anyone CCW either of these beasts?

TurnandShoot, I'm down with that suggestion...just not sure who around here is near the east side of Indy/Greenfield...

I carry a P220 every day. I think the E2 grips are still a bit wider than a P220, but probably not by too much.

The point is, a gun I had never shot, with the first shot being in DA too, and they were all dead on bullseyes.
    Which is good for me, since I typically shoot most things a bit left (mostly striker fired guns for some reason).
    For whatever reason I shoot hammer fired guns such as his Sig, and 1911's much better than anything striker-fired. Must be in the trigger or weight of the gun itself.

Many striker fired guns stack badly, hit a shelf, and then break. You anticipate the shot and shove the gun instinctively to counteract the recoil. The heavier DA trigger smooths the stacking out, the tension builds smoothly and it breaks cleanly. Its more of a surprise, so you shove the gun less. Hand fit matters, too. If you feel comfortable in your grip, you don't death squeeze and don't milk.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Tough choice between the 226 & CZ-75.
    I have a 226 that was my Dad's gun and it shoots very nice. Very smooth.
    If you like the grip feel of a CZ, try out a Browning Hi-power.
    the Hi-power is probably one of the best feeling guns I've ever picked up

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I find both pistols to be very accurate. My groups seem to be a little "tighter" with a CZ.

But there are a lot more "options" with Sig pistols in terms of holsters, sights etc.....

Just pick one, you'll end up with both anyway. Besides, you can't go wrong with either of them IMHO.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I had 4 CZs at one time, but now I'm down to 1 CZ. I currently have 6 Sigs. 1x226, 3x228, 1x229 & 1x239. The Sig has a better SA trigger out of the box, but I will say the CZ has a smoother DA. My vote goes to which ever you shoot better. It is all a matter of preference and it always seems to turn into a debate on here on which is better with no evidence to back either side(CZ vs. Sig, CZ vs. Beretta, Sig vs. Beretta.........blah blah blah).:rolleyes:
    Find someone who has both and shoot them side-by-side if you can. I have the 226 but I only have a P-01(compact 75). I'm out in Greene Co. if you ever want to test them out. I have 15acres so shooting is never a problem:ingo:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have owned a Sig, and for the money, I would not own another. I use a CZ for shooting USPSA matches, and I don't regret my choice. By the way, you can buy Mecgar mags for the CZ for $22 most places. Mecgar is the OEM manufacture for CZ. If you buy mags that say CZ in the description, you will pay $20 more for the same mag.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I guess it's personal preference but, I never got the Sig love. I tried. I really did. High bore axis, mediocre ergos, crappy trigger. And for all of that you have to pay way more. I still don't get it. I even bought a Sig hoodie when I was trying to get into them. I kept the hoodie. I got rid of the Sigs. To each his own.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Browning Hi-Power, cz75, M9....in that order....CZ has a much better DA trigger, but mags are pricey.

The sigs are nice, but are too tight with a high bore axis and complicated controls....expensive to boot...I dont feel that you "get what you pay for" in a Sig.

God bless
    -Shred

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Browning Hi-Power, cz75, M9....in that order....CZ has a much better DA trigger, but mags are pricey.

The sigs are nice, but are too tight with a high bore axis and complicated controls....expensive to boot...I dont feel that you "get what you pay for" in a Sig.

God bless
    -Shred
    Mecgar mags are only about $20 bucks or so for the CZ.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The only new Sig I would consider buying is an X5 Tactical. But since it is $1000.00 more than a CZ SP-01, I have a hard time justifying the Sig.

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    I only have experience with the sig. I have a tac ops sig 226 and a mk 25. Great guns with no issues. My friend is hardcore cz and loves his and has never had an issue. I don't think you'll go wrong either way and think it probably comes down to preference at this point. I would pass on the beretta for what its worth.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    The CZ 75 offers what Col. Cooper called "selective double action." It can be carried in Condition One, with the safety engaged, or in Condition Two, and the double action trigger will cock and fire the weapon. Neither the Sig nor the Beretta offer this feature.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I guess it's personal preference but, I never got the Sig love. I tried. I really did. High bore axis, mediocre ergos, crappy trigger. And for all of that you have to pay way more. I still don't get it. I even bought a Sig hoodie when I was trying to get into them. I kept the hoodie. I got rid of the Sigs. To each his own.

Agreed.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    If sig sauer would've had a US based manufacturing plant in 1985, our troops would be carrying a P226 instead of the M9. Just food for thought

Top Bottom