• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Holy Cow! Glad you are okay in one piece. Your eye will heal in time. Just make sure there ins't anything inside got damaged. Is your frame plastic or metal?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't want money, I have insurance for this kind of thing. I want my gun replaced so I can sell it and never own a Sig again. It was factory ammo and regrettably I was not wearing safety glasses. I know that's really stupid, but I can't see well to begin with and safety glasses interfere with my vision even more. Now I will be wearing them no matter what, because well apparently I'm an idiot lol.

Glad you are okay, but make sure you see an optometrist. I had an eye injury years ago and thought it was minor. It turned out to be an issue as tie went by. Also, as to your reference to insurance, are you saying you have insurance to cover the cost of your gun or what?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    TrajeTech is the manufacturer of the ammo
    While I've never heard of it, a quick Google search shows mixed reviews on this ammo.

I stated earlier that I did not. Which I'm aware is a terrible idea.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but... listen to Norm, WEAR YOUR SAFETY GLASSES!

norm_abram-300x224-1.jpg

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    TrajeTech is out of Ohio and Chris Roma runs the company. I meet him at the ohio gun collectors meetings. The company was once know as one shot Inc. Seemed like a good guy and he had a nice video of ammo testing for SAMMI spec and CUP. I will admit as a Salesman he was good. They are an ammo remanufacture and use Camdex reloading machines. The video showed the testing bay's and the testing procedure's used. I believe he stated they could crank out 175,000 rounds per day. This is not a guy in a basement with a Dillon 650 or two. Then again this is not Winchester Olin or CCI by any means either.

Personally I would give them the time to respond and then call and ask for Chris. I think you will be taken care of but what do I really know I met him once and watched half a video. I do remember they had big insurance policies and the indoor testing included real low temps and real high temps. I am sure he will want the rest of the ammo (the box does have lot and date info) and the gun and parts.

i am glad you escaped without major injury in what appears to have been a catastrophic failure of ammo or sig 2022. It happens at times that an explosion inside a contained devise will malfunction but that does not mean it should or will.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Then it wasn't factory ammo. Remanufactured. Glad your ok. Learn the lesson not just about eye protection but the ammo you choose

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Glad you are okay, but make sure you see an optometrist. I had an eye injury years ago and thought it was minor. It turned out to be an issue as tie went by. Also, as to your reference to insurance, are you saying you have insurance to cover the cost of your gun or what?

For the medical bills, they don't care about the gun. I'm supposed to go in for a follow up tomorrow if it continues to bother me, but now I've also missed a full day of work with no pay.... Today sucks haha

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    DO NOT SEND the ammo or the gun to their respective manufacturers UNTIL your lawyer says so! Do you really want to give your evidence away? Let us see a pic of the casing that did this damage. This is exactly what Sig is going to look at and then they will tell you most likely it was a doublecharged/overcharged reload. I will most likely end up saying the same thing once I see the casing with it head blown off. That is not SIGs problem...its the ammo manufacturer that is liable for your new gun and your eyeball. Get a Lawyer.....the ammo manufacturer has insurance for this scenario for a reason and if you try to handle it between just and them they will lowball the hell out of you. You will be lucky to get ALL of your medical bills taken care of let alone a new gun WITHOUT a lawyer.

Top Bottom