• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Its seems like its totally ammo-related. Sounds like a fire mission on the internet with bad reviews everywhere is in order. Make em take notice with their wallet.
    Give the manufacturer of the ammo a chance to make it right first... Don't get the cart in front of the horse.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Glad you are "mostly" ok. My guess is a double charge or a squib. Either way, ammo fault. For being a "nationally recognized company" there are alot of people that have never heard of them. But to be fair, I don't shoot steel cased ammo and I don't shoot remanufactured ammo either.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Glad you are okay, it could sure have been worse! I too hate safety glasses, but I'll not shoot without them. I shoot outdoors mostly and always wear sunglasses day to day, so tinted safety glasses are basically the same thing and then I don't mind them.

For those that do not like polymer guns, what else is there? Other than a few very high priced Kahrs, I know of no good metal options out there for smaller single stack guns. Say under $450 and 9mm or .40 and no manual safety? There may be a few, but it is slim pickings! I may well end up with a SP101 in .357 one day, but finding one under $450 is still hard to do and it sure does no qualify as a single stack lol. I like metal guns, but day to day most will have a polymer pistol it seems now.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Give the manufacturer of the ammo a chance to make it right first... Don't get the cart in front of the horse.

Oh I totally agree, but if they wont even return a phone call or E-mail with a request for a sample for examination then its obvious what should happen. Ultimately its up to the OP as I have no dog in this hunt and I don't own a horse either.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Why do people use reloads that they themself's do not do the reloading? I will never understand this. If you want to save a few bucks then learn reloading and do it yourself! My body parts are worth more than a few bucks.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    DO NOT SEND the ammo or the gun to their respective manufacturers UNTIL your lawyer says so! Do you really want to give your evidence away? Let us see a pic of the casing that did this damage. This is exactly what Sig is going to look at and then they will tell you most likely it was a doublecharged/overcharged reload. I will most likely end up saying the same thing once I see the casing with it head blown off. That is not SIGs problem...its the ammo manufacturer that is liable for your new gun and your eyeball. Get a Lawyer.....the ammo manufacturer has insurance for this scenario for a reason and if you try to handle it between just and them they will lowball the hell out of you. You will be lucky to get ALL of your medical bills taken care of let alone a new gun WITHOUT a lawyer.
    This seems like a good idea!

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    TrajeTech is the manufacturer of the ammo and I've shot hundreds and hundreds of their rounds and never had a problem. I contacted them and they were extremely rude. Their response was "someone will be in touch in two to three days" and took my name and number. If I don't hear from them in the next few days then I'll probably get in touch with a lawyer....
    TrajeTech.......kinda like Tragedy Tech? Never heard of them. Glad you are OK and I hope they will do something for you.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    If anything, you have learned a very valuable lesson. Wear safety glasses when shooting! Always! I wear safety glasses when I use my weed eater!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Wow OP glad you are OK.

Now do what I did and sell that Sig and buy yourself a nice CZ. May I suggest a steel framed one?

Come on. Really?:ingo: I had 2 CZs that were absolute garbage. I've had lots of Sigs and not a single one ever choked. This obviously was not the guns fault but an ammo related problem.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Glad you are "mostly" ok. My guess is a double charge or a squib. Either way, ammo fault. For being a "nationally recognized company" there are alot of people that have never heard of them. But to be fair, I don't shoot steel cased ammo and I don't shoot remanufactured ammo either.

Do you know the difference between re-manufactured and manufactured?

The brass, that is it. One company uses new brass one uses recycled brass. Quality control is what decides dangerous from safe. If you think Remington/Federal/Winchester hasn't Ka-boomed some firearms you would be mistaken.

Blackhills ammo considered one of the best = re-manufactured, they also use new brass but they certainly don't make it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Come on. Really?:ingo: I had 2 CZs that were absolute garbage. I've had lots of Sigs and not a single one ever choked. This obviously was not the guns fault but an ammo related problem.

Of course it was ammo related. Still doesn't mean the guy doesn't deserve to upgrade his pistol. The CZ 75 has proven to be one of if not the most reliable pistol platforms in the world. It could be said and it would not be an exaggeration that there are more countries using CZ based pistols than any other platform. And it is the second most cloned or copied pistol second only to the 1911. All because they are "complete garbage" I guess. :dunno:

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Do you know the difference between re-manufactured and manufactured?

The brass, that is it. One company uses new brass one uses recycled brass. Quality control is what decides dangerous from safe. If you think Remington/Federal/Winchester hasn't Ka-boomed some firearms you would be mistaken.

Blackhills ammo considered one of the best = re-manufactured, they also use new brass but they certainly don't make it.
    Why the butt-hurt??
    The physical difference between new manufacture and remanufactured is pretty obvious. I really didn't think they reused powder. As you stated, the bigger difference is in quality control, and judging by the negative reviews on TrajeTech, I'm guessing their quality control standards are not the same as Remington/Federal/Winchester, etc. which is why I don't use them. You shoot what you want. I won't shoot it.

Top Bottom