• ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It is all a load of crap!

I am so sick and #$%@#$ tired of this blatant double standard.

Bill Clinton was impeached for a clear, admitted case of predatory sexual behavior with a subordinate who was so naive she didn't even know the correct term for the sex acts performed. The mantra became, "That's between him and Hillary." The Democrat Senate would not have convicted him of anything, no matter what the evidence.

I expect, between now and November 2012, each conservative candidate will be attacked with "widely believed to be true" allegations tailored to each one's individual situation. Barack Obama will be consistently praised for "being so Presidential in difficult and dangerous times caused by the previous administration." If a candidate doesn't have a readily identifiable weakness, just claim he/she is stupid.

Republicans have standards, Democrats don't.
    Hypocrite.jpg

And this shows how I feel about it:

GhostLion.jpg

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I saw this on foxnews last night. Ann Colture was debating with Juan Williams where this story originated. She thinks it came from the right, Juan thinks it came from the left.

Either way, Ann broke down the complaints and neither seemed valid to me. The first was Cain made an off hand remark that made the woman uncomfortable. Something like calling her Honey or Sweetie. The other woman's complaint was that she felt harassed but not in an overtly sexual way? Not even sure what that means.

Either way, im sticking by Ron Paul. I'm not to worried about anything falling out of his closet other than a leisure suit from 1972. And seriously, who could fault him for that???

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    It's not the story that did it, it's... I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words. I guess the best way of saying it is that if you are such a hardcore Ron Pual fan, then obviously you and Ron think alike, which in turn that thought made me look deeper in to Ron Paul's stances... What I found sounds good initially, until you think about what would have happened if Ron Paul was president during WWII... I frankly think we would be speaking German... I don't believe we should be telling other countries what they can and can't do, but I do believe there are times you have to go out and kick some ass. Sadly, I don't believe Ron Pual feels the same way.

Another minor little thing that bothered me was how you bothered to make a comment about Rush Limbaugh saying Ron Paul should quit the race, yet didn't bother saying anything about how Rush said Ron Pual's ideas on the economy were right. You made a big complaint on how Rush is a fan of big government because he's not a Ron Paul fan, and frankly it just seemed rather ignorant of you. but that doesn't effect my veiw of Ron Paul, just of you.

Maybe my thought on Ron being President during WWII are ignorant, if so please show me why you think I'm wrong.
    No offense, but WTF are you talking about?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Bill Clinton was impeached for a clear, admitted case of predatory sexual behavior with a subordinate who was so naive she didn't even know the correct term for the sex acts performed. The mantra became, "That's between him and Hillary." The Democrat Senate would not have convicted him of anything, no matter what the evidence.

I expect, between now and November 2012, each conservative candidate will be attacked with "widely believed to be true" allegations tailored to each one's individual situation. Barack Obama will be consistently praised for "being so Presidential in difficult and dangerous times caused by the previous administration." If a candidate doesn't have a readily identifiable weakness, just claim he/she is stupid.

Republicans have standards, Democrats don't.
    Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, not his sexual misbehaviour.

And this story is just as likely to have come from another gop candidate or Karl Rove, as it was to have come from someone on the left. Given Roves previous statements about some of the gop candidates in their primary race, I'd say it's pretty likely. At this point in the race the dems have little to gain going after Cain. Romney, Perry and the others have a lot to gain in seeing this story break. They will be the most likely beneficiaries of this, not Obama.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    It is all a load of crap!

I am so sick and #$%@#$ tired of this blatant double standard.

So true. But the whole progressive movement is based on hypocrisy so why should this be any different. A blatant, irrelevant attack that will do harm to Cain irregardless.

Drunken Yak inc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Osceola, IN
    I'm not taking the bait. Start a new thread if you want to discuss WW2.

There is no bait, I'm not asking you to defend Ron Paul with regards to WWII, I was just telling you the primary reason that I feel I can't vote for Ron Paul. Dont get me wrong, if it was between Ron or Obama, then I would vote for Ron. Hell if it was Ron versus half the republican candidates I would choose Ron.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    There is no bait, I'm not asking you to defend Ron Paul with regards to WWII, I was just telling you the primary reason that I feel I can't vote for Ron Paul. Dont get me wrong, if it was between Ron or Obama, then I would vote for Ron. Hell if it was Ron versus half the republican candidates I would choose Ron.

people_who_care.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Confirmation that Cain popularity is scaring the Libs enough to play the character assassination game. Next will be the charge of not Black enough because he is not "down for the struggle".

Likely will get worse if his popularity continues to grow.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009

You know what he would have done if it were a WWII issue. There is bigger potential conflicts out there and he would put his head in the sand. Thats why paul supporters dont want to discuss it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You know what he would have done if it were a WWII issue. There is bigger potential conflicts out there and he would put his head in the sand. Thats why paul supporters dont want to discuss it.

From what I understand about Ron Paul's foreign policy is that he believes it isn't the job of the United States to protect other nations when the United States isn't in fear of being attacked. Once the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, Ron Paul would have been swift in taking action. In his own words, he believes that we should get involved when Congress directs him to in an act of war and when the threat of our national security is involved.

With that said, I'm curious as to why anyone would think that someone like Cain (who seems to love flip flopping or giving answers that have little to do with the questions asked) could be better than someone that can complete a thought without coming off like they're completely lost. If you think you can convince me that any of the talking heads are better, go ahead and try to convince me. Childish arguments and name calling doesn't end up changing minds, it ends up making people (that can think on their own) end up thinking much less of you. Attack character and you show you have very little. Simple as that.

Top Bottom