• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Nice response from the Paul camp but that doesn't prove anything. I see every other camp being blamed on here but not the Ron Paul people. Just saying.

Who are the ones placing blame? If I support anyone, it is Ron Paul. If Cain is guilty of sexual harassment x2, shame on him. If he isn't, shame on people trying to use smear tactics. If people spent enough time actually listening to the issues, the politicians give plenty of reasons to create doubt about their abilities without having to try to fight dirty to win.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Who are the ones placing blame? If I support anyone, it is Ron Paul. If Cain is guilty of sexual harassment x2, shame on him. If he isn't, shame on people trying to use smear tactics. If people spent enough time actually listening to the issues, the politicians give plenty of reasons to create doubt about their abilities without having to try to fight dirty to win.

Read through the posts here, it's all in there.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Read through the posts here, it's all in there.

I've seen left, right, Rove, Paul, Perry, Romney, space men, sea creatures...I don't take the time/or have the motivation to care about other members' political support or beliefs. I have read some about Cain's sexual harassment allegations and find it odd that there were settlements and he is "vaguely familiar" with the situation. Not that I care about the details, that is just odd. The smear tactics are pathetic though. If it is coming from another republican candidate and they can't find something to attack with his ideas, opinions on policy, or generally not being prepared to answer questions...they're only making themselves look even worse.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Just curious rambone but since you are a supporter of the good Dr. and you posted the Paul camp position then why are you not following their lead and sticking to the issues and what is your initial motivation for starting this thread?
    We're just discussing the news my friend. You can't turn on a radio or TV without hearing this story. I'm not the one who claimed I was sexually harassed. I'm just a guy on the internet.

Nice response from the Paul camp but that doesn't prove anything. I see every other camp being blamed on here but not the Ron Paul people. Just saying.
    I don't blame anyone's campaign -- they weren't responsible for the scandal, or the payoff. This story was BOUND to come out. This is a race for President of the United States. His harassment settlement was absolutely, inevitably going to come to light. And its nobody else's fault. I would be upset if the American public and the media all just slept through primary season and let us choose a candidate with a bunch of hidden secrets.

Cain supporters, and truth-seeking Republicans, should be glad that this story came out now so (1) they can be fully informed; (2) they can choose the best candidate; (3) so that it doesn't bring on a huge dramafest right before Nov. 2012 because we waited to talk about it.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Childish arguments and name calling doesn't end up changing minds, it ends up making people (that can think on their own) end up thinking much less of you. Attack character and you show you have very little. Simple as that.

Kind of like calling someone a moron? Would that fall under the childish part????

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've seen left, right, Rove, Paul, Perry, Romney, space men, sea creatures...I don't take the time/or have the motivation to care about other members' political support or beliefs. I have read some about Cain's sexual harassment allegations and find it odd that there were settlements and he is "vaguely familiar" with the situation. Not that I care about the details, that is just odd. The smear tactics are pathetic though. If it is coming from another republican candidate and they can't find something to attack with his ideas, opinions on policy, or generally not being prepared to answer questions...they're only making themselves look even worse.
    Does this also go for supporters of any of these candidates that would rather disseminate smear type of information and put into question their motivation for doing so rather than just sticking to the issues?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Kind of like calling someone a moron? Would that fall under the childish part????

Have you ever honestly listened to the man? When you are asked a simple question and can't complete a thought...you have no business trying to run for president. If you expect less from the people you vote for, cool. I'd much rather have someone that knows what they're saying and doesn't change their stance based on the day of the week or one that can't even give their own opinion without contradiction.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    IMO, at issue here is the truth. Don't want to smear Mr. Cain, but he needs to be vetted. If the woman received a settlement, there must be something associated with the allegations. So far he appears to be sidestepping. Personally, I'd prefer to see him face up to it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Does this also go for supporters of any of these candidates that would rather disseminate smear type of information and put into question their motivation for doing so rather than just sticking to the issues?

Yep. I'd be much more willing to consider the supporters candidates if they could argue the issues rather than smear. To me, it shows that you don't feel your strategy is enough to get the job done.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Have you ever honestly listened to the man? When you are asked a simple question and can't complete a thought...you have no business trying to run for president. If you expect less from the people you vote for, cool. I'd much rather have someone that knows what they're saying and doesn't change their stance based on the day of the week or one that can't even give their own opinion without contradiction.

Your right. Your obviously the smartest man in the world. Why in the world would anyone ever disagree with you.
    But how about that part of calling someone a moron and then you post that its childish and tut tut those who do. Talk about a flip flop sepe.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Your right. Your obviously the smartest man in the world. Why in the world would anyone ever disagree with you.
    But how about that part of calling someone a moron and then you post that its childish and tut tut those who do. Talk about a flip flop sepe.

Expressing an opinion after hearing the man speak is just that. I don't believe that he has the ability to be a competent elected official. There are MANY morons that get elected because people don't actually listen to thoughts or opinions on issues before electing.

Is it childish to form an opinion of someone AFTER hearing them stumble and speak gibberish? Is it childish to think that the person that can't express their own opinions when asked a simple question isn't bright enough to run a country that has had more than it's share of talking heads? Is it childish to expect someone running for president to actually be able to stand up for what they believe in and express themselves?

If you're fine with the gibberish talking heads that have been elected for far too long, fine. I'm okay with that...but I expect more and I'll gladly support someone (even if they don't win) that has preached his beliefs and has had little trouble stating his opinion for several decades.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I like the way Cain turns the tables on the interviewer. "Have YOU ever been accused of sexual harassment?" LOL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp--D4b0UhA[/ame]

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Some of our greatest founding fathers were terrible public speakers, but wrote quite elegantly.

I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who couldn't get through one sentance without falling all over himself.

How someone delivers a line is pretty low on my list of priorities.

Especially since many of the most silver-tongued presidents have cause irrevocable harm to the nation.

You can't really judge a guy one way or the other on what kind of leader he'll be, based on how he speaks.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Expressing an opinion after hearing the man speak is just that. I don't believe that he has the ability to be a competent elected official. There are MANY morons that get elected because people don't actually listen to thoughts or opinions on issues before electing.

Is it childish to form an opinion of someone AFTER hearing them stumble and speak gibberish? Is it childish to think that the person that can't express their own opinions when asked a simple question isn't bright enough to run a country that has had more than it's share of talking heads? Is it childish to expect someone running for president to actually be able to stand up for what they believe in and express themselves?

If you're fine with the gibberish talking heads that have been elected for far too long, fine. I'm okay with that...but I expect more and I'll gladly support someone (even if they don't win) that has preached his beliefs and has had little trouble stating his opinion for several decades.

Playing the "Got ya" card is pointless I try not to do it but your continued evasion of the fact you flip flop is made. You call someone names in another post and here say how childish it is for someone to do exactly what you did. Then in true style of a politician you try to spin it into a different discussion.
    I'm done with you, you have done all the work of making yourself look silly. You are using gibberish as you seem to loath.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Playing the "Got ya" card is pointless I try not to do it but your continued evasion of the fact you flip flop is made. You call someone names in another post and here say how childish it is for someone to do exactly what you did. Then in true style of a politician you try to spin it into a different discussion.
    I'm done with you, you have done all the work of making yourself look silly. You are using gibberish as you seem to loath.

Aww but I was so hoping for a continued discussion where you don't really say anything about anything. Oh well, maybe next time.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Some of our greatest founding fathers were terrible public speakers, but wrote quite elegantly.

I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who couldn't get through one sentance without falling all over himself.

Especially since many of the most silver-tongued presidents have cause irrevocable harm to the nation.

You can't really judge a guy one way or the other on what kind of leader he'll be, based on how he speaks.

He can't even state his own opinion. That is pretty sad. If you truly believe something, you should be able to speak about the topic.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009

Easy for you to say :laugh:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    IMO, at issue here is the truth. Don't want to smear Mr. Cain, but he needs to be vetted. If the woman received a settlement, there must be something associated with the allegations. So far he appears to be sidestepping. Personally, I'd prefer to see him face up to it.

Simply untrue. Anyone that knows anything about modern day litigation knows better than that. Are you going to spend many thousands of dollars to defend a case if you can buy out for half? Especially if you are in a jurisdiction with a reputation of disregarding the facts of the case and finding for the plaintiff?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, now we know. He was accused of harassment, but he denies it happened and says he knows nothing about any settlement. Wonder why he didn't say that earlier, instead of dancing around the question? Guess his minders had to get the story straightened out and ready for Fox.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0HRK-HCeNI[/ame]

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom