• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • neycx1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Noblesville
    I'm constantly in a suit for my job and have recently realized that even my Sig P365 is not small enough to conceal the way I'd like it to all the time. I'm looking into a Sig P238/P938, Ruger LCP, and Khar P380/PM9 for an even smaller carry option. I'd love to hear any opinions/experiences with any of these firearms as I have only had a chance to shoot the P238. Any other recommendations are welcome!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My Sunday carry outfit is a Sig P938 in a Galco Ankle Glove. Things to watch, if you st too long and wiggle around, your pants will ride up some. Be careful how you cross your legs in front of people.

neycx1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Noblesville
    Ankle holster didn't even cross my mind, and I'm not that new to CC haha. Thanks for the recommendation, definitely a cheaper option, although it takes away my excuse to buy another gun ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My deep conceal gun is also a P938. I love that little gun. It easily disappears into a pocket or IWB holster. I have not tried ankle carry with it but I used to ankle carry a Bersa 380. High top dress boots can mitigate some of the issues of your pants riding up with ankle carry.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I pocket carry a Kahr CT380, soft shooter, accurate and 7+1
    I also just picked up a Kimber micro 9, you might like it, similar to a P938

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    Find out which one you can shoot best, then work carrying around it. I've ankle and pocket carried when I can't get by with IWB. For me I shot a LCP better than most and it fit the mission when needed. Good luck.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    even my Sig P365 is not small enough to conceal the way I'd like it to all the time.
    Can you elaborate on this a little? How would you like it to conceal?

Honestly, a suit is a great cover garnet. Guys in suits have been concealing big guns and multiple guns easily for over a century, so being more specific about how and where you wear the gun would be helpful.

If it's an issue of the gun being visible on your belt when you take your jacket off, maybe look at tuckable holsters.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Kimber Micro 9 is my preferred. I wear it in a DeSantes Superfly pocket holster. As mentioned very similar in size to a p938
    Just picked up a Micro 9 myself late last year.
    Not enough trigger time with it yet to feel comfortable carrying for self defense, but so far so good.
    I think it shows great promise.
    It's as easy for me to conceal as my Colt pocket Hammerless, but it's 9mm instead of a .32acp.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Like Magyars and wildcatfan.62, I pocket carried the original LCP for many years before upgrading to the LCPII a year ago. However, when the LCP Max came out, I traded in my LCPII once I was able to FIND one in stock at my LGS. The LCP Max is a great pocket pistol that is barely wider than the LCPII or LCP. The MAX has 10/12 round capacity and a wider grip due to magazine size. The wider grip makes it easier to shoot. Plus, it has a built in night sight which makes point shooting in low light easy. It also has some raised rear cocking ears for easy racking of the slide, not that the other models were hard before. I've seen quite a few LCPs and LCPIIs at LGS lately so I think many others have decided to upgrade to the MAX as well. You should check it out. Here's a link to a Sootch00 review: New Ruger LCP Max: 10/12 rds 380 ACP

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Can you elaborate on this a little? How would you like it to conceal?

Honestly, a suit is a great cover garnet. Guys in suits have been concealing big guns and multiple guns easily for over a century, so being more specific about how and where you wear the gun would be helpful.

If it's an issue of the gun being visible on your belt when you take your jacket off, maybe look at tuckable holsters.
    I too am interested in this. The P365 is a very small pistol in my opinion.

I think I could carry my Shield OWB without a suit to my work and no one would notice. And it's a larger pistol.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My most easily concealed is a Charter Arms Undercover. Most of the new ones have big bulky grips, that feel great but are harder to conceal. Get the tiny wooden grip panels like they used to come with.

A S&W 36 is about the same.

neycx1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Noblesville
    I too am interested in this. The P365 is a very small pistol in my opinion.

I think I could carry my Shield OWB without a suit to my work and no one would notice. And it's a larger pistol.
    It's more the result of the way people are wearing suits nowadays. I'm a younger guy and some of my suits fit on the tighter side. I usually carry the P365 in a Recluse holster that is usually either invisible or simply looks like a phone in my pocket. But on a couple suits, the pockets are deep and the tighter fit creates a huge imprint in the middle of my thigh.

My first inkling was to go for a smaller gun that I could carry inside a jacket pocket. But a more versatile waistband holster like SmartCarry could be the answer. I usually carry a Glock 19 with an IWB holster, but I don't want to ruin the waistband of my suits, so I'm trying to avoid this with the P365.

Thoughts?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Doesn't HK have a compact version of the P30 out? I wonder why that isn't suggested? Isn't HK supposed to be very reliable firearms?
    H&K is supposed to be coming out with a smaller sized pistol. I think currently the P2000sk is their smallest and is still larger than a P365. And yes, they are as dependable as anything out there.

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    I have switched from the P365 to the LCP MAX. 10 + 1. With the technology advancement in ammo I am not concerned at all with the.380.(Yes I know it's not a 9mm) IWB, pocket or on the belt carry is no problem. Always carry a 12 round spare mag.
    I went from the P938 to the P365 for more rounds. Went to the Max because it only weight 10.5oz empty.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    You need suits tailored to accommodate your carry piece. As far as, the Kahr PM9 is concerned, it is not really any easier to conceal than your Sig P365.

Top Bottom