• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Looks great! Turned out awesome....may just have to do another build just to give your paint job a try. Also, just ordered a K2 grip from Midway when my notification came through on Thursday. Do you like the angle?

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I built this gun to use it so im ok if it gets a few scratches. I used to be that guy who would buy something nice but not want to use it in fear of scratching it, getting it dirty or wearing it out. Im over those days. I dont see the point of having something and not making it the way you want it and not using it. Its like the guy who buys a nice car, truck, motorcycle and doesnt want to drive it in fear of a scratch, rock chips or getting it dirty. I take care of my stuff but i intend on using it.

Last edited:

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Im going to try for some outside pics today. It looks better in real life than on the phone pics. I practiced on an old single shot shotgun and a old knight muzzleloader. I probably did it six different ways. This type of pattern/color scheme seemed to blend in the best for around here. I wanted something that would work well in all seasons and this was as close as i could get. Lean it up against a tree and it disapears.Yes i like the k2 grip angle. I havent **** it yet since putting on the grip but it feels good. I had a hogue grip on it which is nice but it has more angle than a factory grip and i dont shot chicken winged so it didnt work out well for me. Aimsurplus has the k2 for $19.90 shipped i believe. Here is the link to a a few pics of the guns i test painted. The first pic is the AR i painted next to the painted shotgun. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nge-camouflage-rifle-testing.html#post4379145

Last edited:

Thrown Hammer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2013
    Northern
    That looks really good. I spray paint camo all my long guns. Touch up is easy, and when you get sick of camo it isn't permanent. Never tried the sponge technique, now I am intrigued...

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    10888929123_d1e2d6ee20_b.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have a Stevens Bolt-Action in .223 with an ugly gray stock. I've been wanting to paint it since I bought it, and just never got around to it. I really like your AR. Maybe this will motivate me. I do agree with the guys that think you should finish it.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I really like that. Have you shot it much? I'm curious as to how the paint will hold up on the barrel when it starts getting hot.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I have only put maybe 20 rounds through it. Basically just sighted in the backup sights then i put the scope on it and havent had a chance to shoot it again. As warm as it is maybe i can finish it tonight.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I really like that. Have you shot it much? I'm curious as to how the paint will hold up on the barrel when it starts getting hot.

I got to listten to Dillard Johnson at the Appleseed shoot in the spring. He said he brought cans of paint with him everywhere. When he got to his destination he looked around to color match the paint with the environment and simply put another layer of spray paint on his weapon. I'm pretty sure his barrel got hot several times and he didn't seem to have a problem.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I got to listten to Dillard Johnson at the Appleseed shoot in the spring. He said he brought cans of paint with him everywhere. When he got to his destination he looked around to color match the paint with the environment and simply put another layer of spray paint on his weapon. I'm pretty sure his barrel got hot several times and he didn't seem to have a problem.

I used to do this with my paintball gun when I would play in tournaments. lol

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    When I first read the the thread title I was thinking to myself O my this may not be good! But it looks pretty dang good. Nice job!
    That is exactly what I was thinking. In fact, yesterday, I skipped over it because I was afraid of what I might see. I think it looks really nice and you should be feeling pretty good about it. If it were me, I would not paint the stock and grip.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom