• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    When I saw the date of the OP, I wondered which member with less than 25 posts bumped this old thread. I'm glad I checked. The paint job looks incredible.

And paint the rest of it.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Thanks guys. Its holding up well. Shell deflector has a few paint chips but a bit of black adds to the pattern. I plan on doing another at some point in the future.

jzdank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2015
    Chesterton
    I clicked on this thread to see what a train wreck you made of a perfectly good looking gun but I gotta say, you did a damn fine job! I am impressed. Kinda wish I had one like that. I agree with yote, you could sell your painting services.

I was thinking the exact same thing, but the pictures blew my expectations away. Great work!

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    This just looks so real its crazy
    10888929123_d1e2d6ee20_b.jpg
    This is more the look I'm going for
    10879632894_3bb56772e9_b.jpg
    There are some good looking paint jobs but this one just blends in like real bark.... Small's could make some money painting guns if he wanted I believe...

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That is really beautiful. :drool: It takes some special skills to be able to pull something like that off. I wouldn't even think of trying something like this. Wish I could. Very nice work! :yesway:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I would leave her the way she is. Looks nice. I hit one with some spray paint. My beard stubble wore the paint off the stock and I would imagine the grip would get wore off too. Up to you. Worn guns look cool too if you can live with the patina. If you want to keep it pretty like it is now leave the stock and grip. Then you can also resell the parts later if you want to reconfigure it down the road.

Biscuit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    La Porte
    I like it very sharp great Idea for Hog hunting be carful though, as good a job you did if you set it down in fall you may not find till summer. Great job.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I have some extra AR plastic parts I'm gonna practice on and see how it turns out before doing the whole gun... That way if I decide to sell the AR I can put the stock parts back on for resell...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That turned out great. When I saw the thread title, I was expecting something that looks like what my wife did to the downstairs bathroom walls. It's nice to see that is not the case. I'll agree with the others that think the grip and stock need completed as well to give it a finished look.

Top Bottom