• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Apple baggin it in a few different colors. I liked the khaki base then lay over the net and paint with brown "middle of the gun"
    9456761032_ba81e0be6c_b.jpg

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I finally got a grip to complete my rifle. My plan was to completely sponge paint the rifle but i didnt do the grip and buttstock because i didnt have the grip yet. I still may paint them both but i kinda like it the way it is now. Here are a few pics to start off with. The lighting wasnt the way i wanted it to be so i might try some outside tomorrow. The paint is Kryloleum. Anyway what do you all think so far? Should i paint the grip and buttstock also or leave it be?
    10879488686_db8cb910cb_b.jpg

View attachment 23120
    Well since this is a new build i will list details.
    Psa lightweight 16" chrome hammer forged barrel 1:7 twist
    MI 12" free float rail
    Wmd nickel boron bcg
    Bravo co mod 4 charging handle
    RR 2 stage trigger
    Magpul k2 grip
    Magpul ctr stock
    Magpul bus sights
    Burris xtr 1-4
    Burris pepr mount
    Delton lower
    Viking vtac multicam sling with qd mounts

I got your message it looks killer and it looks just like the tree bark, I can't reply back to your private message because I don't have 50 post yet, I think thats crazy that you can't even reply to a PM just because you don't have 50 post... So I have to reply this way... Looks great , you should run a add to paint guns for others .... Nice job sir...

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    I clicked on this thread to see what a train wreck you made of a perfectly good looking gun but I gotta say, you did a damn fine job! I am impressed. Kinda wish I had one like that. I agree with yote, you could sell your painting services.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I finally got a grip to complete my rifle. My plan was to completely sponge paint the rifle but i didnt do the grip and buttstock because i didnt have the grip yet. I still may paint them both but i kinda like it the way it is now. Here are a few pics to start off with. The lighting wasnt the way i wanted it to be so i might try some outside tomorrow. The paint is Kryloleum. Anyway what do you all think so far? Should i paint the grip and buttstock also or leave it be?
    10879488686_db8cb910cb_b.jpg

View attachment 23120
    Well since this is a new build i will list details.
    Psa lightweight 16" chrome hammer forged barrel 1:7 twist
    MI 12" free float rail
    Wmd nickel boron bcg
    Bravo co mod 4 charging handle
    RR 2 stage trigger
    Magpul k2 grip
    Magpul ctr stock
    Magpul bus sights
    Burris xtr 1-4
    Burris pepr mount
    Delton lower
    Viking vtac multicam sling with qd mounts
    Thanks Small's got your PM on your how to's, I will be give'n it a try on a toy gun first as you said and see what it looks like and go from there... Thanks again sir...

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Great job Smalls! I really like to see rifles get a "real" camo job that's actually functional. All the picture threads of brand new looking guns online really don't impress me. It's a personal thing, but I'd rather go shooting with a guy who has a real scratched up gun, then a guy who doesn't want to let his baby get dirty.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I don't mean to necro bump. I just want to know how this finish has held up. I'm wanting to do something similar.

I did a Krylon job on my deer gun. It looks awesome. I always get the question, "How does it hold up?" My response is always "Who cares?" It doesn't rub right off, but it wears a little on the edges. It looks cooler once it starts to wear some. If it gets too bad the beauty is, IT'S EASY TO TOUCH UP! Totally functional and logical to me. On an AR, you can take all of the paint back off if you want too. I am going to Krylon one of my ARs but I haven't decided which one.

I don't like the strictly sponge done jobs, because they provide too small of a pattern in my opinion. Smaller patterns can blend together from a distance and allow the object to show an outline.... I feel anyway. I want larger areas of varying colors mixed in with areas of finer detail, in order to better break up an outline, but either way I think it is far superior in function to plain old black.

Top Bottom