• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    George Gibbs double barrel rifle in 500/450 No2 Musket,...............not something often seen. Even though it's a .450 rifle it's really just a big deer gun ballistically.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Easy. My 1940 K98K. All numbers match, was duffle cut when I got it upper hand guard and band spring were missing. I've repaired the cut so I can shoot it. Found the bayonet which is year correct, repop bayonet frog and sling. I once put 70 rds down range at a steel target at 100 yards in one sitting, I think I giggled the whole time. Didn't realize till after I was done I couldn't feel my shoulder! Pure fun! I also once put 4/4 rds on a 12"x12" target at 300 yrds (bench rest, I'm young but ain't that good, yet)...

I need some better pictures one of these days, she deserves it.

Jon

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Easy. My 1940 K98K. All numbers match, was duffle cut when I got it upper hand guard and band spring were missing. I've repaired the cut so I can shoot it. Found the bayonet which is year correct, repop bayonet frog and sling. I once put 70 rds down range at a steel target at 100 yards in one sitting, I think I giggled the whole time. Didn't realize till after I was done I couldn't feel my shoulder! Pure fun! I also once put 4/4 rds on a 12"x12" target at 300 yrds (bench rest, I'm young but ain't that good, yet)...

Jon

Very nice! I've got a soft spot for Mausers of all nationalities.

If you haven't seen it yet, you should take a look at this book: Mauser Military Rifles of the World - Robert W.D. Ball - Google Books

You can look at some of it at the link, but the complete hard cover book is amazing.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Very nice! I've got a soft spot for Mausers of all nationalities.

If you haven't seen it yet, you should take a look at this book: Mauser Military Rifles of the World - Robert W.D. Ball - Google Books

You can look at some of it at the link, but the complete hard cover book is amazing.

I'd been wanting to get a book on mausers, so thank you I've just placed an order. I hope to add some more in the future, but first I'm going to diversify with different long arms of war and training (swiss)...

Jon

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Probably this guy:
    KbFQZ0z.jpg

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    It's a SW HK94 clone. Those who are familiar with the HK94/MP5 clone world, know that these are pretty infamous. This particular one however, (built on a cast steel receiver, has an actual HK bolt, and Navy lower) seems to be one of the few nice builds put out by SW.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    My Ruger 10-22. First gun I ever bought myself.

Well, not my first gun or anything, since I traded up my first several guns. I do have a kind of special 10-22 from the early '80s. I have several .22 rifles, but this one has taken a lot of game, including wild hog (used to live in Texas and back in my old days you could take hogs with anything). I have a full sized scope on it and it was always my favorite grab when going out shooting for what ever reason. I can even remember how most of its scars came to be.

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Jon

Got a somewhat matching 44 aj DOT duffle cut but someone replaced the front barrel band and tried to match the numbers so I found a unmarked band so it would be honest and not be humped. Everything else matches. All your numbers don't match because the upper hand guard and front barrel band would have matched also.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    On the K98, since all your moving parts match, do you find that the action is really smooth? Mine is like a dream.

I also have an import that matches all except the Magazine floorplate but the stock suffered some damage between the magazine and trigger where it split. I could repair it but would not shoot it until I did.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel

I have a soft spot in my [STRIKE]head[/STRIKE]heart for the AR I've been converging on the Colt model 602. No forward assist, no brass deflector, triangle handguard, three-way flash suppressor... Gonna make an 80% lower with a prancing unicorn and call it a 602... wish I could make that happy switch work, though.

Top Bottom