• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Leadeye, one of the most Beautiful impractical wonderful revolver in the world, If I can ask what year was your Century made and about what serial number is it?????

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Leadeye, one of the most Beautiful impractical wonderful revolver in the world, If I can ask what year was your Century made and about what serial number is it?????

It certainly shoots like a rifle and is just as heavy.;)

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    The collection is thin still, but my Tavor always makes me smile. Judging by the reactions I get at the range I'm not alone. Hell even the officers checking-in firearms at the 1500 were wicked curious about it.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I have my great great Granddads Model 1873 Winchester manufacturing 1888 and his Colt Lightning both in 38 WCF. He used them while running cattle from Montanna to Texas. But he lived in Oklahoma. The Winchester looks great on the outside but has a bad rust spot in the barrel making it unsafe to shoot. I would like to get another barrel for it some day. The Lightning works. It was the first double action Colt produced. I do not however shoot the Lightning.
    I also have my Grandfathers Super Dakota 44 mag SA cowboy gun. Story is he collected lots of guns. And he had seen one too many cow boy movies. He lays that beast on top of his forearm with said fore arm right in front of his face. And pulled the trigger, once. He cracked his skull open! No lasting damage thank goodness. When dad got it he was afraid to shoot it. But it has been deer hunting with me several times. So I got a 40 year old gun that had had one round thru it!

Last edited:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    My brother and I inherited 2 old guns from our uncle when he passed. On was a Colt Military and Police, 6" revolver in 32-20 and a Winchester '92 in 25-20. My uncle loved his long guns and took exceptional care of them, his handgun was more a coup-de-grace tool that I do not believe was ever cleaned and kept for years in a poorly tanned leather holster that resulted in the nickle finish being mottled and ugly. We have shot the Win several times and it's a tack driver inside of 100 yards or so with open sights. The uncle had a scope mount made and installed but we took that off and put the original buckhorn sight back on. I'm in the process of setting up to reload the 25-20 for the Win and did find a set of dies for it. Waiting for backordered brass to come in. I don't think I'll ever fire the Colt because it just seems kind of loose but it's nice to have and look at anyway.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I don't have a picture handy, but I'd have to say my PSL as well. Always gets the most remarks any time I open the safe. I built it with the help of some guys on this site too, so that adds a little something to the rifles story as well. Pretty sweet pictures shown thus far!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The one with probably the most WOW factor would be my TAC20, just because a 308 semi auto is just fun :ar15:

TAC20a_zps772caa22.jpg

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    My "wow" guns won't really mean much to anyone else, but they're my two shotguns. First, my Benelli Super Black Eagle II because it was and still is my "dream" gun. I've wanted one since I started duck hunting and I wouldn't go out without it. Second, my Remington 870 set up for 3 gun because it's a blast to run. I still stink at loading it quick, but I sure don't have any issues unloading!

bagdaddy09

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    noblesville
    I don't have anything super special, but I'd have to say my 52 M1 Garand. I would still like a WW2 era, just for the history, but would have to say I love mine.

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    Enfield Model 1917, .30-06. The weapon was manufactured by Eddystone and has a 5-digit serial #, meaning it was made within the first month of production of these rifles (November 1917). It's been arsenal rebarreled postwar (almost all of them were) and has a 2-groove barrel

Top Bottom