• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Spoke with a trooper late this morning as I was getting my Subway sandwich for lunch.

Was behind him in line at the soda fountain - checked to see if he had the new hardware. Indeed he had.

Asked him how he liked it: He said that aside from the really crappy weather last week when he got it / qualified - he really liked it.

Talked a bit about the transition from the Glock platform / manual of arms to a DA/SA gun. Said that he was able to shoot it really well and it wasn't an issue.

Then he blew my mind. He said that he came on when they still had Berettas. Dude looked 18 years old... I told him that I didn't believe him. Evidently it was only 10 years ago when they had the Italian Stallions in their holsters.

That probably puts him in his early - mid 30's. Just a scosh younger than I am. Seriously looked barely out of HS!

Anyhow - he VERY carefully and VERY gently slid the retention hood foreward on his holster and lifted the gun out about an inch. The slides have the ISP crest/emblem engraved on them just forward of the rear sight.

I honestly don't know how I feel about him doing this - IN Subway - but those pistols look sharp. The emblem on them is sharp, too.

No real point to this thread... But at least this one Trooper likes his 227!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Its rare that I have to be jealous of anyone who goes to work dressed in a way that he just needs to change his hat crest and belt buckle to go to a Civil War reenactment...but I want my dept to give me a P227. :(

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Anyhow - he VERY carefully and VERY gently slid the retention hood foreward on his holster and lifted the gun out about an inch. The slides have the ISP crest/emblem engraved on them just forward of the rear sight.

I honestly don't know how I feel about him doing this - IN Subway - but those pistols look sharp. The emblem on them is sharp, too.

Its not like he completely broke leather. I've seen dumber things done with handguns by cops and non-cops in gun stores, gun shows, restaurants, etc.

res04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    What he did wouldn't bother me as long as he didn't ask me to play russian roulette with him.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't get that part

19%20Top%205-Whitesell.jpg

US_Army_Cavalry_Sergeant_1866_(Bis).jpg

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I don't get that part.

You don't get that I'd rather be issued an M&P with an APEX trigger job than a SIG P227? I would love to have the 227, but I have carried a 226 on the job and I don't like the SA/DA action. I would rather have a DAO pistol, and after owning an M&P 45 with the APEX kit I would love to carry one on duty.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I was handling one at the 1500........ In truth I looked at that longer than I did the Kimber I have been eyeing............... I think a 227 is in my future.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    You don't get that I'd rather be issued an M&P with an APEX trigger job than a SIG P227? I would love to have the 227, but I have carried a 226 on the job and I don't like the SA/DA action. I would rather have a DAO pistol, and after owning an M&P 45 with the APEX kit I would love to carry one on duty.
    Ok, here come the questions... I just bought an M&P 45, what apex kit do you have on he trigger and is it a noticeable difference? The reason I ask is my last handgun(SD40VE I know,I know) I was told to get a spring kit for and I didn't notice much of a difference. The stock trigger in the M&P felt good to me but my experiance is limited.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ok, here come the questions... I just bought an M&P 45, what apex kit do you have on he trigger and is it a noticeable difference? The reason I ask is my last handgun(SD40VE I know,I know) I was told to get a spring kit for and I didn't notice much of a difference. The stock trigger in the M&P felt good to me but my experiance is limited.

The APEX kit makes a lot of difference. I hate the feel of the stock M&P trigger, the APEX cleans it up quite a bit.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I have the DCAEK kit and the aluminum trigger. That and some aftermarket sights and the gun is extremely accurate.

Top Bottom