• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    The APEX kit makes a lot of difference. I hate the feel of the stock M&P trigger, the APEX cleans it up quite a bit.

I have the DCAEK kit and the aluminum trigger. That and some aftermarket sights and the gun is extremely accurate.
    Thanks guys, I'm going to get some more rounds through this thing and maybe look into it!

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I'm not LE, but have both an M&P w/ apex & P227, for me, the P227 is much sweeter. Love the DA first pull, SA & reset is a pleasure, & ergos are batter. Again, that's for me. Do I still carry the M&P from time to time, yes.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The Sig rep stopped in last week with the new P320. Unfortunately I was teaching and didn't get to shoot it but he stayed long enough for me to handle it. That design has some promise and I'm betting you'll see quite a few agencies switching over to it in the next few years.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    19%20Top%205-Whitesell.jpg

Bahahahaha......I know the dingleberry on the far left! Wait until I forward this pic to him.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I handled one at my LGS the other day and I must admit to liking it a lot. Not enough to go crazy trying to get one yet but I could see one bringing me back into a 45 in the future. :)

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    19%20Top%205-Whitesell.jpg

Bahahahaha......I know the dingleberry on the far left! Wait until I forward this pic to him.

I find it extremely difficult to take the officer standing 3rd from the right seriously ( to the left of center ) he looks waaay to much like the kidnapper in the movie "problem child"

rolodetective

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Valparaiso

Mmmm, I never really made the connection. Interesting. I'll take a Yankee soldier look over a Parcel delivery driver uniform any day though. ;-)
    Seriously, much respect to all my brothers regardless of uniform color. Be safe and don't wait for your department to buy you a 227, life's short.....save your milk money and get one if you want one.
    I'm on the savings plan for a Colt Commander 1911.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Its not like he completely broke leather...

Absolutely correct here. Just out of the holster enough so I could see the emblem.

The Sig rep stopped in last week with the new P320. Unfortunately I was teaching and didn't get to shoot it but he stayed long enough for me to handle it. That design has some promise and I'm betting you'll see quite a few agencies switching over to it in the next few years.

That's their new polymer striker fired gun, correct?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Its rare that I have to be jealous of anyone who goes to work dressed in a way that he just needs to change his hat crest and belt buckle to go to a Civil War reenactment...but I want my dept to give me a P227. :(

LOL man that was good one there! Some agency's sure are anal about totally impractical uniforms and stuff. I know of one place that will not allow boots to be worn unless it is below freezing:rolleyes:.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I love the way Sigs feel, but I am more in the camp of a consistent trigger is a better trigger. DA first shot, followed by a SA second seems like a recipe for an accidental, or at least not fully intended round to be sent down range. I am sure training and familiarization can help correct this, but I was under the impression that the SA trigger has been declared a liability for LEOs to carry, and that is why we dont see officers with 1911s any more.

There is only one DA/SA pistol in my safe, and for this reason alone my wife tends to not carry it. Well, that, and she has a new XDs 45 that she is currently having an affair with, lol. Neither of us are big fans of the typically long trigger pulls associated with those pistols, and tend to lean towards SA or striker fired pistols.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So . . .

Comparing the 227 to the Sig P226, how much bigger is the grip, or actually how much harder is it to the reach the trigger?

I ask because I can finally almost reach the trigger on a P226 with the new style grip installed and a short trigger!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    So . . .

Comparing the 227 to the Sig P226, how much bigger is the grip, or actually how much harder is it to the reach the trigger?

I ask because I can finally almost reach the trigger on a P226 with the new style grip installed and a short trigger!

you related to this lovely gal?

kristen-wiig.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Be safe and don't wait for your department to buy you a 227, life's short.....save your milk money and get one if you want one.
    I'm on the savings plan for a Colt Commander 1911.

I've got too much invested in my P220 to start over just for 2 more rounds. I'd take one for free, but I ain't starting over on buying magazines, Trijicon sights, holsters, etc.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You don't get that I'd rather be issued an M&P with an APEX trigger job than a SIG P227? I would love to have the 227, but I have carried a 226 on the job and I don't like the SA/DA action. I would rather have a DAO pistol, and after owning an M&P 45 with the APEX kit I would love to carry one on duty.
    Sorry Frank. I was kinda running with the "I don't get that part" theme. I've actually owned a number of Sigs throughout the years but I've never had an encounter with an M&P for some odd reason. Especially one with an APEX trigger.

So technically I guess I really don't get that part. :D

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    You'd be glad to see anyone of them, you ever need them.

I know it sounded a little disrespectful, but that was not my intention, I have all the respect in the world for these guys, but I did get a small chuckle out of my observation and decided to take an opportunity to make a light joke.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    So . . .

ive read its the same, they made the mag well bigger on the inside, if you have a 226 with the new grips, and the srt trigger, you souldnt notice any differance, the same holsters work for the 226 and the 227, and i think the 227 comes with the new grips and the srt installed from the factory

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Sorry Frank. I was kinda running with the "I don't get that part" theme. I've actually owned a number of Sigs throughout the years but I've never had an encounter with an M&P for some odd reason. Especially one with an APEX trigger.

So technically I guess I really don't get that part. :D

If you ever want to shoot it, let me know.

Top Bottom