So whats it like when theres a weapons ban?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

The new AWB is much worse than the Clinton Era AWB.

If you haven't contacted your representative do so asap.

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

The new AWB is much worse than the Clinton Era AWB.

If you haven't contacted your representative do so asap.

The sky is not falling. I don't believe Senate Republicans are going to be much in the mood to pass another gun bill after the last one. There was considerable wrangling to pass what they did. I cannot imagine a 60-vote cloture passing on this one. Nevertheless, even if it got to Biden and he signed it . . . which he would do immediately . . . the writ of certiorari to SCOTUS would also be immediate. I believe it would be fast tracked into one of the few per curiam opinions SCOTUS issues in a 6-3 decision, completely striking it down. SCOTUS already spoke broadly and clearly in the Bruen decision, and issued four GVR orders on related cases a week later - sending them back to their Circuit Courts with instructions to strike down "show cause" permit laws, magazine limitation laws, and "Assault Weapon" laws.

This is all Congressional Kabuki Theater. Nevertheless, call your Congressman and both Senators and tell them you're pissed that they're pulling this in the face of the SCOTUS Bruen decision.

John

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The numbers in 1994. Republicans picked up 54 seats in the house and a 6 in the senate. For majorities in both.
    Slick Willy commented that it was worth it.

You're right, Bill lived by the philosophy of "I want now" the loss of other people's seats meant nothing to him. It did put him on the defensive and scraped off some of that rock star shine. Both Clintons are that way.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The sky is not falling. I don't believe Senate Republicans are going to be much in the mood to pass another gun bill after the last one. There was considerable wrangling to pass what they did. I cannot imagine a 60-vote cloture passing on this one. Nevertheless, even if it got to Biden and he signed it . . . which he would do immediately . . . the writ of certiorari to SCOTUS would also be immediate. I believe it would be fast tracked into one of the few per curiam opinions SCOTUS issues in a 6-3 decision, completely striking it down. SCOTUS already spoke broadly and clearly in the Bruen decision, and issued four GVR orders on related cases a week later - sending them back to their Circuit Courts with instructions to strike down "show cause" permit laws, magazine limitation laws, and "Assault Weapon" laws.

This is all Congressional Kabuki Theater. Nevertheless, call your Congressman and both Senators and tell them you're pissed that they're pulling this in the face of the SCOTUS Bruen decision.

John
    It can happen if the same leftist Rinos decide to cross isles once again and vote for it. I would not put them past it. They have nothing to lose now. Most are not returning to congress and the ones like Todd Young will be voted out in the next 6 years or sooner. They know it and imo they don't care. They got what they wanted and can move to a leftist state and run as a Democrat or another state and run as a republican like Romney did.

Now days I wouldn't rely on it can't be done. They did pass gun control legislation already signed by Biden this year.

Stavman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Jeffersonville
    The old ban just cosmetic as other said. I still a ban area SA85 imported by arsenal.

Pistol mags was the worst thing to try and buy. Ar/ak mags was easy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just wondering what it's like during an assault weapons ban as it pertains to parts
    I wasn't that into guns when the last one was still in effect ?
    had a pistol I carried , cheap shotgun and a bubba'd out sks with detachable mags lol
    Were you able to get parts? Was there even much of a supply of parts and accessories for like an ar15 at gun shops?
    Were parts more expensive than they had been?

The Clinton AWB was mainly about cosmetics. There was a list of "evil features" and a rifle could only have so many "evil features" or it magically became an assault rifle. You could still buy an AR-15, although AR-15s were more expensive then and AKs were much cheaper, but if it was new it was likely not going to come with a collapsible stock, bayonet mount, but would still be semi-automatic and have a pistol grip. You'd have to look up all the "evil features" as I don't recall them any longer or how many you could have.

The biggest PITA was the prohibition on the manufacturing of new magazines that held more than 10 rounds. It was no problem for AR and AK rifles, everyone was sitting on enough you could Scrooge McDuck into a giant bin of them at every gun store and take home as many as you could carry for $3-$5. Pistol mags, though, that was the bother. Glocks were still fairly new and Glock mags got into the $100 range. CZ75 mags were maybe $20. But when a new pistol came out that had it's own mag design it was limited to 10 rounds. This really started the single stack craze and lead to a lot of new pistol designs. It also created a 1911 revival of sorts.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    What's it like when there's a weapons ban?

See April 19, 1775.

Some of these mother ****ers seem hell-bent on reliving it.
    April 19, 1775 was more of an ammunition confiscation than a weapons ban, but same basic result if completed. Thankfully our forefathers could see past the political BS and impending personal discomfort to secure us the rights/freedoms we so easily give away. After all, each and every one of them was considered to be a traitor to the crown, and under British law (they were all still British citizens) could be hanged without a trail if captured.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I remember standard capacity Glock mags (more than 10 round capacity) going up overnight to $100 + per mag. This was due to the accompanying magazine restrictions enacted as part of the 1994-2004 AWB
    I remember the last "assault ban"......didn't think much about it, till I went to a gun show 9 months after it went in effect. Ram-line, 30 round, Ruger 10/22 magazines- were $9.99 at Gander Mountain......
    The dealers were asking $89.99 at the gun show!!!!! cause those "evil assault 22s" were everywhere!!!!

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Ya, remember when they outlawed zip guns. People went out and bought real guns. Junk, but real. Then they added Saturday night special to the bunch. People went out and bought better quality real guns. Ad infinitum. Now we have nut bags with ar’s and ak’s.

Top Bottom