So whats it like when theres a weapons ban?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And I bought my first AR because of the Clinton AWB.
    I didn't want one. But damned of they were going to tell me what to do/not do.

Funny thing, I ended up liking it so much, I now have .... several... ARs in different calibers.
    And I'm one of many.

And lately, I've seen many new gun owners because of the same anti-gun push.
    I've told anti-gunners, if they REALLY wanted to cut down on guys, they'd SHUT THE F UP.
    But.. they are incapable of doing that.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    And I bought my first AR because of the Clinton AWB.
    I didn't want one. But damned of they were going to tell me what to do/not do.

Funny thing, I ended up liking it so much, I now have .... several... ARs in different calibers.
    And I'm one of many.

And lately, I've seen many new gun owners because of the same anti-gun push.
    I've told anti-gunners, if they REALLY wanted to cut down on guys, they'd SHUT THE F UP.
    But.. they are incapable of doing that.
    Same. (when billery got the dem. nod) I may have got several w/ 2 extra hi-cap mags. still NIB, also a couple o Glocks w/2 hi-cap mags. Still NIB. Since the 60’s I’ve never had the need for more than 1 or 2 rounds to achieve the task at hand. Not that I don’t carry and be prepared for a contingency, it‘s just the occasion has not arisen. Now I don’t even know anyone that doesn’t have at least one.

Democrats= greatest gun salesman in the U.S.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Same. (when billery got the dem. nod) I may have got several w/ 2 extra hi-cap mags. still NIB, also a couple o Glocks w/2 hi-cap mags. Still NIB. Since the 60’s I’ve never had the need for more than 1 or 2 rounds to achieve the task at hand. Not that I don’t carry and be prepared for a contingency, it‘s just the occasion has not arisen. Now I don’t even know anyone that doesn’t have at least one.

Democrats= greatest gun salesman in the U.S.
    Got my first one during Obama Scare part 2 in 2012. Never warmed up to it, and wound up selling it to a buddy. A few years later, I thought maybe one in 7.62x51 might be okay. :)

That was my first build (PSA kit). Proceeded to build 6 more in 5.56. Now I'm kind of losing interest and liking my old milsurps better. Still like that AR10 though!

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    No.
    We have "nut bags with ar's and ak's" cause the news cycle puts in on, day after day, 24 hours a day.
    How deadly they are.

So, any "dirtbag" that wants to go on a killing spree, thinks he needs one.\
    Nevermind that MOST of the "mass shootings" are done by pistols.
    Been saying the same thing since the Tylenol killings. On the news for weeks. Kids had to take there trick or treat candy to a hospital to have it X-rayed. Nut bags were putting razor blades in apples. Now it takes me 20 minutes to open a bottle of aspirin.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Interestingly, Jewish folks are frequently amongst those calling for infringements and expansion of state. One would think of all folks they would know better.
    Ya, but they also have there own gun support p.a.c. so at least they’er not all dumber than a bag o hammers. “Jews for the preservation of gun rights,“ or something like that.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    No.
    We have "nut bags with ar's and ak's" cause the news cycle puts in on, day after day, 24 hours a day.
    How deadly they are.

So, any "dirtbag" that wants to go on a killing spree, thinks he needs one.\
    Nevermind that MOST of the "mass shootings" are done by pistols.
    Did I miss something? Was someone blaming a tool for the users actions.

There are also a lot of nut jobs with cars Knives, the list goes on.

Sadly evil exist in the world and no amount of legislation is going to remove it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ya, but they also have there own gun support p.a.c. so at least they’er not all dumber than a bag o hammers. “Jews for the preservation of gun rights,“ or something like that.
    JPFO Jews for the preservation of firearm ownership. But how many do you think support them? I'm just about willing to bet there are more non-Jewish members than Jewish. By a large margin.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    That time was basically pre-internet also, and while not necessarily related to the ban, gathering information on good gear or training of any kind was difficult to say the least. Most information (in this case, disinformation) came from magazines (the paper kind) and gun show vendors.

This was during the heyday of Fidonet. The Firearms and GUNS sections were jumping!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    One thing that's almost amusing about the proposed new one. They ban hi-point carbines by name. They was designed expressly to meet the requirements of the old ban. Heck except for being specifically named they would meet the requirements of the new one.

Last edited:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Thinking back to those past days, I do remember the price gouging of hi cap magazines. A Glock magazine that was $20 became over $100 each. None available unless a gun show guy had high priced ones.

I decided to buy a pair of revolvers, or a pair of 1911's, and carry speedloaders or 8 round magazines. You could option a K Frame revolver, and/or a J frame and be well armed for CCW.

Adding a Mossberg 500 shotgun, or a Remington 870 would bring heavy artillery to the table.

When the Sunshine Clause appeared, guess all those $100 magazines were sold out, and now were back to $20!
    Also saw those $1300 AR's were now $600-$800. 15-30 rd mags everywhere, even buy on internet!

Former Dems thought the gun violence would go away. Best Salesman became President Obummer.
    Same stuff, even 22 caliber ammo disappeared. Did crime stop? Lol!

Top Bottom