• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Big fan of Glocks and 1911s! Glocks are the quentisential polymer framed, striker fired pistol. They are the standard for that market. Affordable, easy to find, lots of accessories, every choice for a holster, easy to find magazines, easy maintanence, low bore axis, useable trigger. They have a reputation for being reliable. Nothing wrong with a Glock, they are a great defensive pistol.

People really put to much thought into nitpicking the looks or feel of the Glock. There is nothing special about these soulless pieces of plastic and metal. They are a pistol that 99.9% of the time will work right out of the box with any cheap ammo on the WalMart shelf. Built for utility and economy.

Exactly. I don't actually like my Glocks, but they do everything I need them to do well.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Exactly. I don't actually like my Glocks, but they do everything I need them to do well.

:yesway:

Now we we need to get you into a properly tuned 1911! :laugh: The couple of times we shoot together I was running a single stack. Since then I have continued to tweak my guns to fit me better. Now the dirty secret, only on INGO. I had a Glock 23 in my bag just in case. This should put my opinion of Glocks into perspective.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have had handguns from most of the bigger manufacturers and several of the smaller ones over the course of 27 years of carrying and using pistols and revolvers. I have always came back to Glocks for my EDC pistols. I have way more experience with them than any other. For a long time I would buy a Glock, then a new pistol would come out and I would trade the Glock off for the new kid on the block. Seemed I always wound up selling or trading the new pistol off for another Glock. They fit me well and I shoot them pretty good. Now I have 9 Glocks of various calibers and sizes. The only other pistols I like as well as Glocks are Smith and Wesson 3rd Generation autos., but I shoot my Glocks better.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I knew a girl that thought she was a lesbian until she got her hands on my Glock.

You're right! How a Glock feels in your hand is everything. But you should try grabbing someones Glock with some loads going through it, it might change your opinion entirely......and your life.

Or.....you might actually be a lesbian. :dunno:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    If you don't get into them it's more for me, I have my old 2nd Gen G-19, and new G-43 in my car now, two hundred and fifty rounds of ammo, and range time scheduled for 1:30 today. Plenty of guns and ammo out there to each there own.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You and I are the only sane people. Everyone else is insane.

Seriously, I own a Glock and I have shot it many times. For me, it just doesn't feel right in my hand. However, the amount of Glocks sold is a sure indicator that they are excellent guns.

There were literally MILLIONS of Pet Rocks sold too.
    I'm just sayin'...

inchrisin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I am not in either of those groups. I actually have 3 Glocks and plan on getting a fourth. So I don't hate them. I just don't fall in the fanboy group either. There are some other handguns that I like better and some worse. I guess I am neutral about them and the depth of feeling some people have (pro or con) mystifies me.

Owning a fourth Glock makes you a fan. I never said that's a bad thing. :) You don't have to buy a matching hat and t-shirt. I'm just looking for some info on why people like Glocks.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I've never shot one and wouldn't pay $500 for a Glock. It always just feels like a hunk of timber in my hand. I'm sure they make different grips for them, but they're never on the gun in the cases. It just feels wrong in the hand and doesn't encourage me to look any further into them. What's the deal?

Glocks might not fit all different sizes of hands. Some might be better suited do other things.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I like the simplicity of them. And they are very reliable, will run all kinds of crap ammo. I also like the abundance of parts and accessories that are sold everywhere.

I tried to get into another platform, but it just wasn't as reliable as my Glocks. For a defensive tool, they can't be beat. Anything else would just be a range gun or safe queen.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    :yesway:

Now we we need to get you into a properly tuned 1911! :laugh: The couple of times we shoot together I was running a single stack. Since then I have continued to tweak my guns to fit me better. Now the dirty secret, only on INGO. I had a Glock 23 in my bag just in case. This should put my opinion of Glocks into perspective.

You just admitted that Glock is better than 1911 :)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I knew a girl that thought she was a lesbian until she got her hands on my Glock.

You're right! How a Glock feels in your hand is everything. But you should try grabbing someones Glock with some loads going through it, it might change your opinion entirely......and your life.

I didn't know that was a prerequisite but I like your logic.
    I've been a 1911 fan since my days in the USMC dating back to the late 60s. I have recently started carrying a G19 Glock and I trust it like a trusty ol' 1911 now.
    Glocks have really grown popular for many reasons. Reliability, capacity, and weight, are a large factor I'm sure.
    That, and the rise of the cheap crapola 1911s steered the non-believers to something other than a real 1911.
    Glock is a good gun and it's hard to fault them in spite of their ugly step-sister looks.
    EDIT: I might be a lesbian but I'm not sure. I do have tendencies I guess.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll echo the simplicity statement. A Glock has nothing you don't need and everything you do. I may choose either a 1911 or CZ for EDC, but I'll most likely always have a Glock in the house. I will call BS on the Glock feel though. Everyone likes to bash how a Glock feels in the hand, but except for Glock Knuckle, they are about as comfortable in the hand as most other production pistols out there. Some pistols feel very different, for example, a CZ or even 1911, but most of the Bersas and such feel no different to me than the Glocks do. I think the whole Glock feel thing is all in the heads of the haters.

Our world today has choices to suit every shooter. Why waste time trying to figure out why people like stuff that you don't. They just do and it's not a personal dig at your own choice if they choose something else.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis

Glocks are big and thick, usually black. 1911 are usually on the lighter side and a lot thinner.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Glocks are AK's. They don't offer much beyond reliability. There is something out there that does what they do better. Still, I wouldn't mind having one, just to have one.

I will say, however, I am quite excited about a Glock 40 MOS. I might have to have one when they become more available on the used market.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Don't own one and have rarely shot them, that said I think they hit their market target pretty well. It's a tool lacking much beyond functionality, but a good tool. With my aging eyes and thirst for new calibers, I'll probably buy one of the G40s in the future with the electric sights to try it out.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You just admitted that Glock is better than 1911 :)

Yeah but since then I have purchased more 1911s. So now I can carry a spare.

As of last week I officially retired my Glock 23. For the first time since 2008 the gun was unloaded and placed in a case in the gun safe. End of an era I suppose. I am sure it will make an appearance again if I go 4 wheeling or fishing. Hard to beat the sweat, water and mud repellency of a Glock carried in a kydex holster.

Top Bottom