• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The "love" definition IS over the top where firearms are concerned but where a really nice 1911 is involved, "lust" could very well enter into the conversation. :)

Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Lust is a very different emotion than love. I'll admit to having lusted after some guns. Well, maybe a lot of guns. Some I could afford, but most, I could never afford.

LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    I have carried Glocks for the last 20 years. They are not pretty but they are very durable, have never had one fail to function, and are almost impervious to rain and snow. Just wipe it down good later. Big feature tof the Glocks is they are like revolvers, point it, pull the trigger, it works. For target shooting I prefer my 1911's but always carry my Glocks on and off duty.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I recently got a Sig 250-9-C. Compared to my Glocks it feels like I'm holding a carpenter's square. I like the Glock angled grip. Even my 40s stay on target after each shot. The Sig really jumps. Also the Glock barrel grooves (I hesitate to call it rifling) seems to not detract from velocity much. For example, Federal lists their 180gr HST .40S&W load at 1010fps. My little 27 puts it out at an average of 1003fps, and that's from a shorter barrel. Glock is the best.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a couple of Glocks! Their reputation for reliability and the fact that many Police Departments use them is a good sign for me. I always add a Hogue Grip-Sleeve to fit my hand better and it works well and sticks to my hand. Even then I have to say that Glocks naturally point a little high for me, and the angle of the barrel to the grip is better in a Sig P226/P220 or 1911 and lately I have enjoyed shooting Sig's the best! The trigger is less spongy, the gun feels more solid and I do like the decocker. Glocks are good but I like my Sig's better!

Hoosier9364

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Henry Co
    Glocks are simple guns but function-able and do their job. The parts are easy to replace if needed. Kind of like a Honda Accord. Not the best looking car out there but does its job. Sure everyone wants to have a custom high speed xyz gun. They are cool and nice to own. Kind of like a ferrari. But you don't drive it everyday or depend your life on it.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I don't love my Glocks, I love the results I get using them. I love the fact they come "pre-ugly" before I ever pick them up. Cycle any damn range brass I pick up. Not overly heavy. Overall kind of boring, like owning a bunch of great hammers, they are still hammers. Boringly effective. Not a gun you whip out and people go "oh wow, you got one of those!" Not conversation pieces.

Ugliest gun ever but better looking then a HiPoint.

When I first picked one up in 1990 I ran 17 plates with my right hand. Switched hands and ran 16 plates. I missed one because I was laughing at all the cursing my brother was doing. It was his gun and I beat him with it. He was finally going to kick my ass, not that day. Clearly I needed some Glocks. That day also made us both better shooters because my Bro vowed to do whatever it took to outshoot me. I can't recall the last time I truly beat him with a Glock. Maybe 1992?

Glocks have been berry berry good to me.

All the guns I truly love tend to have some wood on them. I use Glocks to protect them.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    When Glocks were first hitting the scene in the US a friend bought one. I thought it was ugly, unsafe and couldn't imagine ever wanting one. Now I have a bag full of them.

Cheap
    Reliable
    Low Maintenance
    Adaptable (accessories)
    Versatile (work well with most ammo)
    Interchangeable (mags, holsters, parts)
    Accurate

I now accept them as safe... but still ugly.

There are other guns that I really like and own (or want to own). However, I would grab the Glock even over the ol' trusty Ruger revolver if I needed to defend home and hearth. I trust the platform.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I like certain GLOCK models. The subcompact double-stack models (26, 27) do not feel good in my hands, and I sold my GLOCK 26. I really like the compact models in 9/40/357. Great fit for my hand: grip is just long enough, but not too long- and I can get nice, firm grip without any discomfort.

I do not care for their 42, 43 models because the grip is so much smaller. The full-sized models are a little too big for my hands, and the models in .45 are just too big.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I've never shot one and wouldn't pay $500 for a Glock. It always just feels like a hunk of timber in my hand. I'm sure they make different grips for them, but they're never on the gun in the cases. It just feels wrong in the hand and doesn't encourage me to look any further into them. What's the deal?

So what guns do you like??
    Please tell us so we can properly bash you for not liking Glocks... :p

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    So what guns do you like??
    Please tell us so we can properly bash you for not liking Glocks... :p

Thats cold man! Sad truth is I can find something to bash in just about every handgun sold. Except maybe a slicked up K frame. It is really hard to bash a K frame.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I'm not a fan, but I won't criticize anyone that does like them. They're just not for me. I have the standard complaint of not liking how it fits in my hand. I also recognize that they are extremely reliable, and have no quarrel with that. I also can't criticize them for polymer construction, as I own HK's. Polymer isn't a problem.

Some Glock enthusiasts seem to be on an evangelistic mission to convert non-glock people and immediately ask "Well, have you tried a Gen 4"? The answer is no. I'm not going to either, so stop asking. After 20+ years of not liking Glocks and choosing an alternative manual of arms I could not live with myself or face my friends if I broke down and bought one.

I'm just grateful that there are millions of them out there to distract people, who without them in the world would be competing with me to buy what I like.

Chris

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Count me as a once RABID, but now reformed former Glock Hater. Allow me to explain myself. Let's set the way-back machine to the year 1989, soon after Glock's initial invasion of our country. It was then in 1989 and at the still impressionable age of 25 I for the first time ever, picked up and briefly held Glock's first ever pistol type the G17 Gen-1. I like many thousands of those who preferred more traditional all steel guns cast it down and denounced it as a ungodly ugly block of plastic that would never prove as reliable or prefer a GASP, gun made from PLASIC over a all steel gun, NEVER GONA HAPPEN!!!!

Well fast forward almost 25 years and a great deal of growing up and education of myself and I with a newly opened mind concerning polymer framed pistols and I by a strange twist of fate was afforded in a single days opportunity to shoot a several Generation 3 Glocks, one a 9mm, a 45acp and a 10mm. All were 100% factory unmodified Glocks belonging to the same owner.

I have to admit despite the fact I still consider the Glock an ugly if not THE most ugliest pistol of all time, I absolutely loved the way those Gen-3 pistols felt in my hand and equally loved how well I could shoot them. To say I was jaw droppingly shocked would be understatement great in measure. I will also openly admit long ago I had matured enough to realize it and then prevent when I am allowing baseless personal bias to exert it's influence on myself, especially on my decision making process.

I had finnaly reached a point in my maturation that although not in all cases, I could allow myself to admit I am wrong and once again consider CERTAIN things as acceptable what I once thought as completely unacceptable. That is indeed the case with Glock pistols. I have been in advance of and preparing for purchasing several of them, researching semi-autos for nearly a year now and I have come to the inescapable conclusion as to why 60% of Americas Police Dept. now issue Glocks to their officers.

That conclusion is the fact that the former shower curtain manufacturer AKA Gaston Glock's pistol is a superb pistol design in all respects of ergonomics, simplicity, shoot ability, and is above all else absolutely dead bomb proof reliable. If this were not true of Glock's pistols they would not presently have captured 60% of the law enforcement market when so many other quite good polymer semi-autos are presently available. For example there are presently more Glocks in use by the NYPD than the Austrian army! the home country of Gaston Glock.

Is the Glock design for everyone? No of course not. Is it the greatest ever? that's strictly a matter of opinion, is there a more proven reliable pistol for use in a law enforcement application or by private civilians for self defense? not according to my research. Are there pistols just as reliable? yes there are. Is it as ugly as a performance by Rosie. O'Donnell at an all-U-can-eat buffet? yes it is, but in matters of self preservation only a fool would allow him or herself to permit aesthetics alone to deny themselves to consider owning any otherwise superb firearm platform such as the Glock. Also consider this, I could mistaken but IMHO, in the history of handguns (especially post WW-II) almost no other design has had a greater influence on pistol design development than Glock has. Think about it, prior to the Glock very few companies if any were making polymer frames pistols, now every single major handgun manufacturer makes one, admiitedly a lot of it has to do with cost and profit because a polymer framed pistol is easier and considerably cheaper to make than a all steel handgun to be sure.

In short I'm trying to say that what ever reasons influence a person NOT to buy a Glock pistol, it is unlikely IMHO they would be ones of concern about the pistol ever failing them in in a situation where that situation involves using it for preserving their lives or the lives of their loved ones.

For those wondering I do not at this moment or ever in the past have owned a Glock, so ownership has not influenced my opinion. I have shot enough of them recently to know I WILL be buying at least two in the extreme near future along with at least two M&Ps. I will be buying a Glock 20 Gen-3 SF in 10mm as my hunting/scouting/hiking/woods gun. As I own a great deal reloading components in 45acp I will be buying either a G21 or a FNH FNP 45, but admittedly the G21 is $200 cheaper and aftermarket everything is available EVERYWHERE for the G21, not so for the FNP is having a lot of influence on my decision in the matter.

I have shot many full sized 9mm M&Ps at the same time with Glock G3's to know I would love either. Unfortunately no M&P variants come chambered in 10mm, and a Glock 21 capacity in 45 is markedly higher than the M&P, and max capacity matters to me. So it's looking like 2 Glocks (45acp & 10mm) and 2 9mm M&P's for me.

So IMHO, with the exception of how a Glock fits in ones hand, peoples dislike for Glocks is like so much else in life and is far more likely based on a matter of personal opinion and or preference than function or reliability.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom