• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    For a few bucks (less than $20 usually) you can have any trigger you want.
    From 2 1/2 lbs to a ridiculously unshootable NY 12 lb monstrosity. :)
    You can install the parts yourself and it takes 15 minutes.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I personally like the way the Glock looks plus they perform great and are easy to take apart. I decided to branch out and get a Colt Mustang to try something different when I was looking for a .380. I should have stuck with my gut and went with the G42 because just past the 1 year warranty the Cerakote started to bubble up on the frame and not too long ago the rear sight and top of the slide had rust on them. Luckily some steel wool removed most of it, but it was still irritating considering the Colt was $200 more.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Lots of folks, myself included, make fun of how Glocks look. But, to be honest, I like the plain simple lines. It's kind of brutalist in design I think. They anchor the simple end of design in a collection of 1911s, Glocks and CZs.

red0801

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2015
    Wakarusa
    First, let me be honest and say I agree that, the price point for my budget is a little on the high side. Both of my latest gun purchases have been Rugers & they have greatly exceeded my expectations. With that said, I've shot a ton of Glock pistons & once I get past the grip mass they have been some of the most reliable & accurate handguns I've shot. They are relatively easy to get aftermarket parts & accessories for & finding information on grip customization (only the Gen 4 has interchangeable grips) is plentiful. I think the appeal is "they just work" in a variety of applications.

PLM2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Ashley, DeKalb County
    The best thing about a Glock is they will eat any ammo you put through them. I have never had any feed issues. The grip angle is different and people either love it or hate it. The other thing I like about a Glock is the tear down is very simple. I currently don't own one but have had several. I think they are very good guns but in my opinion there are better ones out there.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't love them or hate them. It is just a shooting appliance. No pride of ownership, no visual appeal, no long term investment potential. Like my lawn mower, as long as it keeps working, it is fine. I am not even upset about the frame failure on my gen 1 G17. It got old and broke. Lots of things get old and break. It was easily replaced. If a glock is someones pride and joy, I am happy for them.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The best thing about a Glock is they will eat any ammo you put through them. I have never had any feed issues. The grip angle is different and people either love it or hate it. The other thing I like about a Glock is the tear down is very simple. I currently don't own one but have had several. I think they are very good guns but in my opinion there are better ones out there.

This is true, a Glock is the billy goat of pistols, eating anything and everything.

That's mostly due to the large and "sloppy" chambers. Not really a bad thing for a defensive firearms where reliability much more important than brass life for reloading. There's a reason, though, that aftermarket barrels are all but required for reloading. Glock Bulge is a very real thing.

I think a big part of the Glock appeal to me now is aftermarket support. G43 comes out and every shop has probably a dozen holsters for it. Sights, lasers, grips, you name it. Glocks are the small block Chevy of firearms, with an aftermarket that drowns all others combined.

P320 has been out for two years, and I've yet to see a single holster at a LGS for P320/P250.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Another thing that's attractive about Glocks is the capacity they squeeze into the size pistol. My G30 is almost an inch smaller than my son's P320 in both directions, yet holds the same capacity. My G23 is a lot smaller and lighter than my CZ 40P, yet holds 13 vs 12 rounds. A Gen 4 G27 holds 9 rounds, or 13 with an extended mag, yet is smaller in every dimension than a Rami in .40 which holds 7 rounds, or 9 with an extended mag.

When I compare my 40P against my G21, the G21 is almost identical in size, yet gives me 13+1 of .45 vs 12+1 of .40. I'm not too worried about capacity beyond 8 rounds, but will say that I will take more rounds with me if they come at no cost in size or weight.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Along those lines... I was under the impression that one could use a Glock 17 magazine in a Glock 19 handgun.

I put Glock 22 mags in my Glock 23, and use a sleeve over the lower portion of the magazine that sticks out. Why do I not see that being advertised for the Glock 19?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I thought they were compatible. I'll have to check the mag drawer, but I thought I had a G17 mag to carry as a spare back when I hag G19s.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Late to the party but I'm not a lover nor a hater of the G pistol. I've owned a variety of them over the years but don't own one at the present time. To me they are like a hammer, they do their job and they do it well, but nothing else. I much prefer the looks of a CZ, High Power or 1911 but don't knock Glock owners for their choice. To each their own.

fatback mike

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I have 27,22, and a 23. I love them all like children. next is the 43. I like the Springfields as well. All are quality guns

indyff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Glocks don't feel good to everyone. Buy what fits you best. But don't go cheap on a self defense gun.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Glocks don't feel good to everyone. Buy what fits you best. But don't go cheap on a self defense gun.

As much as ergonomics were a major reason for my prefering the P320 over the Glock I was predisposed to buy, I would contradict myself a bit and say that feel isn't even the most important thing-- especially for a SD gun.

If you can hit with it and it always works, it should be a candidate, even if you hate how it feels.

I've always found Glocks to be comfortable enough--not the best, but not needing to be, either.

rjklein4470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Carmel
    I've never shot one and wouldn't pay $500 for a Glock. It always just feels like a hunk of timber in my hand. I'm sure they make different grips for them, but they're never on the gun in the cases. It just feels wrong in the hand and doesn't encourage me to look any further into them. What's the deal?

Glock's are like Fat chicks, every body has had one

Top Bottom