• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I had plates, lights, and bumpers. Exhaust optional.
    I got impounded and took a while to get my car back

My car and I were impounded the night mentioned up thread.
    Lesson learned.
    Stop and take your licks or run, get stop and get some licks.......Easy choice for me after that one.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    According to the kids FB page, this happened at the beginning of November.

(If you want to look at it, click the highlighted part of the article that says 2013 Ford Mustang. It will take you to his FB page)

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They used to make a Cadillac that could do 195 mph on a track. I think a factory Cadillac that does 195 is cooler than a Mustang with a lot of work that goes 208. That's just me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Caddy is turning out some serious pieces these days.

Indeed! The CTS-V is apparently still available.

2016-Cadillac-CTS-V-Sedan-05-720x340.jpg

Powered by a 640 horsepower version of General Motors’ LT4 6.2-liter supercharged small block V8, the 2016 CTS-V will accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds and hit an aforementioned top end of 200 mph.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Found this video of him racing. Not that impressed but to be doing 208, he must have done a bunch to the motor.

[video=youtube_share;E64EPOcpvY8]http://youtu.be/E64EPOcpvY8[/video]

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    It is mathematically possible to reach triple the speed limit from the W 86th St onbound ramp of I-465 to the W 71 St offbound ramp. But I can't show you the equation.

Hahaha! WRX for the win! And here I thought you were one of the good kids...

-Nate

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Yeah we had some local LEO that ignored us if we went out and away.
    I-74 out by the Dam (Eagle Creek) was a great place.
    Sometimes we were followed when rolling out of the places we hung out heading to race. We had a following most times of the onlookers that wanted to bet on the races.
    We set a location and told every one. When we left the lot everybody went different directions and we would converge later at a set time. It usually worked.
    Except for the one time it didn't and I spent the night in jail. Damn it.Should have turned off the brake lights I guess.

I hate to admit this, but I remember those days of drag racing on I-74. Been there, done that. Fortunately, I was never caught, but I saw a few who were unlucky enough to get caught and had their cars impounded. Speaking from experience, once you get above 150mph, you better have excellent tires and a clean road. It doesn't take much to blow one out at those speeds.

It takes a butt load of nitrous to make a top end run. Maintaining that is only as good as the bottle

I always felt that using nitrous was cheating. It doesn't take much time, money, or work to get more horsepower that way. And I might add, that I have seen a few engines trashed from nitrous. It's not pretty.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hate to admit this, but I remember those days of drag racing on I-74. Been there, done that. Fortunately, I was never caught, but I saw a few who were unlucky enough to get caught and had their cars impounded. Speaking from experience, once you get above 150mph, you better have excellent tires and a clean road. It doesn't take much to blow one out at those speeds.

I always felt that using nitrous was cheating. It doesn't take much time, money, or work to get more horsepower that way. And I might add, that I have seen a few engines trashed from nitrous. It's not pretty.

Not sure when you were out on I-74 racing but it is a small world.
    I never used the juice back in the day but I will admit to having it on a few in the later years. Properly installed it is a great "Enhancement" to a serious package.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I call BS on the radar gun.I got clocked at 92(guilty) and started questioning the St.Police on his guns certification.we went round and round.He reduced ticket to 65/55.Why would he do that if the gun is so accurate?

Top Bottom