• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    $$$$ buys speed. Saw short video of the Dodge Hellcat Charger straight from the lot…..did 214 mph with the wind and 204 against the wind. I would trust the heavier Dodge before a Mustang, seen where some have said the Mustangs are fast but after 130 it can get squirrelly while the Dodge stays pretty smooth….my Challenger runs pretty smooth I know that.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Not sure when you were out on I-74 racing but it is a small world.
    I never used the juice back in the day but I will admit to having it on a few in the later years. Properly installed it is a great "Enhancement" to a serious package.

It was in the early to mid 70's when we raced on I-74. We were kids and we were stupid. We then wised up and took it to the track.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Actually I agree with you.
    There came a time when we started gathering at the track on the run what ya brung nights. Safer, no cheating.

Safer was a must. As our little group began to grow we found more stupid people.
    I always ran IRP and a couple of local strips but really enjoyed the street racing best until things got out of hand.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There came a time when we started gathering at the track on the run what ya brung nights. Safer, no cheating.

We need to plan an outing to Clermont this year, maybe even do some racing (youse guys, not me).

My dream is to see a Cadillac CTS-V vs. a SRT Hellcat Charger. Battle of the four door sedan race cars!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Please define "safer and no cheating". LOL! "NO" cheating? What's that?
    I never failed an inspection at the tracks and it's the same set up I ran on the street. Usually the only difference was tires and exhaust.
    My only issue with the tracks was the class my cars would be classified in. Running Modified Production class on the track was a wide ranging competition.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I really don't feel bad when they kill themselves but when they hurt or kill others, seems like they never get enough time.

I know, and it seems unfair to all involved when the person who caused the accident lives, and the innocent people don't, or are severely injured.
    I like powerful vehicles, I've had some fun, too, but i don't have lots of sympathy for those who don't respect the lives of others.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The nhra safety rules drive me nuts. I "technically" need a full cage, fire pants, jacket, shoes, gloves, helmet, harness, transmission scatter shield, drive shaft loop, etc, etc just to make a pass over 135 mph or under 10.0 seconds. Some tracks let some things slide, others don't. I have a lot of the required equipment but not all. Some stuff I don't have is it's because of being plain stupid on a street car.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If he could go that fast I'm surprised he was caught

I read about this back when it happened. As I recall, he was stopped at a red light, held his keys out the window when they stopped him, and dropped the keys on the ground. WTF? He already broke the law when he broke the speed limit, and when he ran from cops. Why is he stopping at a red light? I mean, he was already going to jail for what he was into at that point.

The article said that he was first clocked in the 180s, then clocked the second time at 200+.

Oh, and I also agree with the others. Take that **** to the track.

Top Bottom