• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    God bless America. I’m glad we have lots of options.

Having sad that, I don’t see anything about it at first glance that makes me want to go rush out and buy one.
    I see a lot on that gun that would interest me, direct mount optic, different sized grip frames available like Sig with changeable backstraps vs the afterthought Glock threw on theirs, straight-ish trigger, decent factory sights.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The optics system seems interesting, looks a lot like a shadow systems Glock to me at least.
    There's one on GB with a buy it now for 550.00 which is probably a sweet spot for these, those asking 650-699 are probably going to be hanging on to them for awhile. This isn't the kind of gun that's going to stir up a lot of buying frenzy on GB like the SA-35 did.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Clearly taking aim at the Sig P320. The video about the gun overall here: https://www.springfield-armory.com/echelon-series-handguns/echelon-handguns/ specifically mentions somethings about unintentional discharges, etc.

And I agree with @Dean C. the optics compatibility looks interesting. It's been such a pain figuring out what footprint a gun is OR cut for, etc and what plate may be needed. Sig especially has made this painful. While I like that Sig has been continuously improving things, it makes it difficult to figure out what parts mix is compatible when they don't really denote a generation or variation on parts, slides, guns, etc.

They have a long hill to climb to catch up with Sig and all the govt contracts, etc but this one looks interesting. Will be interesting to see what variations of slide length, grip modules, etc may come out.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    At this point in the handgun market these manufacturers are just slinging mud on the wall and seeing what sticks
    I'm not sure that's what I'd call this one. From admittedly a very cursory review of the marketing material so far, this one looks pretty well thought out.

Also interested to see how the execution is, as well as the staying power (money to put into it going forward). If SA can hang around with this one (would think they could) and get some after market support, this one could be a winner.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    In to watch this... 3 grip size modules PLUS backstraps... variable red dot mounting... either the Hellcat style sights or night 3-dot... promise of a good, polished trigger out of the box...

At first blush, this looks like they surveyed everything done right, not so well and just plain wrong previously... and incorporated all of those lessons in one duty-sized gun. We'll see... but this does not look like just another striker fired gun... on paper.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I’m interested in this one. I’m pretty well entrenched in the M&P line and the P320 line, but wouldn’t hurt to add one of these to the safe. Need to get one in hand. If the texture is the same as the Hellcat, that’s a good thing.

If these will fit in a major brand’s existing holsters, that would go a long way towards mass market acceptance. We’ll see.

Glad to see the stupid grip safety is gone, and the bore axis is no longer Walther ridiculous.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$590

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm a big Springfield Armory fan, so this isn't a negative, but it looks like a Walther PDP with a Hellcat Pro-ish grip. Also, the whole optics plate BS annoys me every time, so that is a welcome feature for sure. I have enough XDm Elites to last me a while, so I probably won't buy this anytime soon, but following with interest!

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Seems like a solid pistol from the couple YouTube reviews i have seen. Nothing super groundbreaking but I feel we’re at the point that is next to impossible to do. This does seem to be a well thought out design taking things that work from other guns. I’m not a huge polymer fan so isn’t on my list to check out right away but seems interesting. I’d be way more interested when I can get a compact grip and a full size slide.

Also is it ok to buy Springfield now or will the Internet people still say no because of some politics.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Seems like a solid pistol from the couple YouTube reviews i have seen. Nothing super groundbreaking but I feel we’re at the point that is next to impossible to do. This does seem to be a well thought out design taking things that work from other guns. I’m not a huge polymer fan so isn’t on my list to check out right away but seems interesting. I’d be way more interested when I can get a compact grip and a full size slide.

Also is it ok to buy Springfield now or will the Internet people still say no because of some politics.
    This is just my personal opinion, but a few years ago I gathered as much info as I could about the situation and here are the reasons I have forgiven Springfield and couldn't care less what the "internet people" think:
    1. It happened 5+ years ago. They took corrective action and I haven't heard of anything controversial since. They make pretty good guns. I realize the internet people never make mistakes, but good lord...
    2. I can't imagine the complexities of being a gun manufacturer in a very anti-gun state, so I can't say I would navigate better, given the realities they face (although like LMT did, they should move out of IL!).
    3. I've worked in an industry with a politically and otherwise active trade association to which my company belonged. I've seen those organizations have their own completely separate agendas and sometimes be fairly disconnected from the interests of the actual membership.
    4. The way it went down, it seemed to me that the CEO/co-founder wasn't initially involved in or aware of the messaging and once there was an issue, he got involved and corrected it. I'm not sure what more could have been done or what people wanted.
    5. Let's not pretend that all other manufacturers or gun-related associations don't have suspect motivations at times... guess when gun sales and donations to organizations such as the NRA are at their highest? When the government is trying to restrict gun rights! Just sayin'...

Top Bottom