• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    It's been a few months, and hopefully plenty of rounds downrange through your Echelon's.

Is everyone still satisfied with it?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What’s the holster fitment on these? Anything from Safariland available or preexisting other models working for them?
    Not comprehensive but some of the holsters that fit from various manufacturers as sold by SA

Before the holidays, I ended up buying a Comp Tac holster from SA to be able to potentially use at FNS, as Comp Tac didn't even have it on their own site yet.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Have any other grip modules, caliber change kits (or whatever they call them) come out yet? Compact? Compact long slide? Curious….
    Not like Compact, Sub compact, etc yet, but they have 3 different grip "size" modules from SA:

Grip Sizes​

Alternative grip modules give shooters the ability to find a configuration that fits them best. Available in small, medium, and large, each grip module accepts the Central Operating Group and all three backstraps

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Not like Compact, Sub compact, etc yet, but they have 3 different grip "size" modules from SA:

Grip Sizes​

Alternative grip modules give shooters the ability to find a configuration that fits them best. Available in small, medium, and large, each grip module accepts the Central Operating Group and all three backstraps
    So, sizes of grip but not different configurations. Thanks for the info..

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Definitely expect variants to come out with compact slides, grip modules, etc. Given the use of the COG system much like Sig's FCU.
    I'm expecting them to release full on different variants, like they did with the XDm and XDS.

Gotta get the sales from everyone buying one of each!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm expecting them to release full on different variants, like they did with the XDm and XDS.

Gotta get the sales from everyone buying one of each!
    Understood, and Sig does the same thing, but for the most part it comes down to slide/barrel length, and grip module sizes, even though Sig then makes it into a jillion variants with different finishes, names, porting, etc. I'll be happy with a Compact slide/barrel, and compact sized grip module.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Understood, and Sig does the same thing, but for the most part it comes down to slide/barrel length, and grip module sizes, even though Sig then makes it into a jillion variants with different finishes, names, porting, etc. I'll be happy with a Compact slide/barrel, and compact sized grip module.
    Yeah, Sig goes nuts with variants just ask a Kydex holster maker! Hahaha
    I too would like the compact variation.

LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    I'm thinking about picking up an Echelon but I haven't fully decided yet.

For anyone who's actually bought one and actually put at least a few hundred rounds through it, did you like it as much as your current favorite, better, or less? Whichever it was, what are you currently favoring and why, if you don't mind.

I'm not particular and wouldn't putting hands on what everyone else seems to be favoring before I buy my next pistol. I'm not picking it up for a specific purpose so don't let that limit your response if you choose to chime in.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm thinking about picking up an Echelon but I haven't fully decided yet.

For anyone who's actually bought one and actually put at least a few hundred rounds through it, did you like it as much as your current favorite, better, or less? Whichever it was, what are you currently favoring and why, if you don't mind.

I'm not particular and wouldn't putting hands on what everyone else seems to be favoring before I buy my next pistol. I'm not picking it up for a specific purpose so don't let that limit your response if you choose to chime in.
    I picked mine up as I ran into a good deal on it and had been watching it since it was announced. I picked mine up primarily to shoot Friday Night Steel with it (the current Echelon iteration is bigger than I want to carry typically).

The COG system (like Sig's FCU) brings modularity that is very interesting to me. I also have Sig 320's and 365's and have liked being able to swap grip modules, etc on those.

The other factor is being able to mount 30+ different optics without adapter plates, etc using VIS capabilities. I mounted a Holosun 507c on mine, but if I were to carry it, I would have opted for an enclosed optic such as the EPS series to protect from dust, etc getting into the emitter.

I've had it to the range a few times and shot FNS with it in December. I've had no issues with the Echelon so far.

Liking it so far. When more compact grip modules, barrels, slides and complete compact guns come out, I may well look at reassessing what I'm carrying, but for now the 365 series is entrenched for my EDC needs.

Top Bottom