• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Having shot the Echelon now, I'm firmly in the "meh" camp on them. Lots of trigger sting/slap. The recoil impulse is not nearly as smooth as my P320s and M&Ps. Actually feels kinda like shooting a Glock, but despite the subjectively better ergonomics on the Echelon, I'd rather have a Glock if I had to choose between the two. Not sure what it is, it's hard to put into words. The Echelon just seems "off" to me somehow.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I'd love to hear how you came to this conclusion. Do you have personal tales of body counts and one-shot-stops, or are you just pulling this out of your holster?

:)
    Ummm.....because some people can hit what they're aiming at, under pressure, and some......can't.
    Not sayin' nuffin'. Just relating facts.

Course, the shootee does have some say in the matter.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Ummm.....because some people can hit what they're aiming at, under pressure, and some......can't.
    Not sayin' nuffin'. Just relating facts.

Course, the shootee does have some say in the matter.
    I'm wondering if you think you know more than this guy. He has seen the elephant.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I'm wondering if you think you know more than this guy. He has seen the elephant.

No, I do not profess to know more than anyone, I only know what works for me.
    I'm comfortable with 25 rnds.
    I, however, am not an LEO, so I do not face the same scenarios or responsibilities as a peace officer.
    YMMV.

For what it's worth, I have seen a couple elephants myself, and not the pink kind.

Again, I'm not criticizing your choices, merely offering my observations. They are worth what you paid for them. :)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Lots of trigger sting
    Interesting. I had a pistol once that would sting so bad that after a mag or two I was done. Tried two other aftermarket triggers. Same result. I and the guys at HBI concluded it most likely was the shape of the trigger guard. I really wanted to like that pistol but I stayed with the M&P.

This is why its nice to try before you buy.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've got mine ready to go once I get back from this Mil duty, looking forward to shooting it. Upthread it was mentioned about the optic/sight plate coming off, not sure how that was possible if they were all torqued as tight as mine was!

1Je8ljKl.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana

$549 no taxes
    Also wait for a free shipping day which happens once or twice a month.

They take 30 days to ship so if you want it right away this isn't for you.

However it's a pretty good deal if you decide to get it.
    30 days to ship? Sounds to me like they don't keep their stock at their store location and ship to them from distributor and then they ship to your FFL.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Interesting. I had a pistol once that would sting so bad that after a mag or two I was done. Tried two other aftermarket triggers. Same result. I and the guys at HBI concluded it most likely was the shape of the trigger guard. I really wanted to like that pistol but I stayed with the M&P.

This is why its nice to try before you buy.
    Weird how that happens. I have had a couple pistols that hurt my trigger finger. One of them, P30, I decided it was the share curve of the trigger itself. some others that felt it to, thought it was the channel on the trigger guard.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Nephew bought one of these yesterday. Said he put 200rds through it today. Only problem was a Winchester white box primer failed to go off.
    I told him sounds like white box to me. I also told him to contact Winchester because they need to know about it. He did just that tonight.
    I'm interested to know how Winchester will handle that.

Picture he sent asking if the primer was hit hard enough.
    View attachment 287041
    We have about 20 of those Winchester's with good primer hits and no ignition sitting in a cup. There's been some issues on the last batch we bought.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Finally got back from military duty and took the Echelon out yesterday. Mine shoots great, trigger is nice, not as nice as a PDP but better than most! It sighted in quickly with my Holosun 507 and put about 150rds of fmj and hp through it. Didn't notice any 'trigger slap' as others have said. It pretty much makes my G47 obsolete!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    We have about 20 of those Winchester's with good primer hits and no ignition sitting in a cup. There's been some issues on the last batch we bought.
    My nephew sent Winchester an email about it. They never replied to him.
    I guess having that big government contract they don't care about the avg citizen.
    Makes me not want to buy anything Winchester.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Finally got back from military duty and took the Echelon out yesterday. Mine shoots great, trigger is nice, not as nice as a PDP but better than most! It sighted in quickly with my Holosun 507 and put about 150rds of fmj and hp through it. Didn't notice any 'trigger slap' as others have said. It pretty much makes my G47 obsolete!
    Does it point more naturally for you than a Glock?

Top Bottom