• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    This was from our annual opening weekend squirrel competition. 74 squirrels total. Two man teams, both team mates have to stay together. Scoring is as follows...

-Rifles only
    -Body shots
    Gray squirrel: 2pts
    Fox squirrel: 1st
    -Head shots
    Gray squirrels: 5pts
    Fox squirrels: 3pts
    -Team limit out (10 squirrels): 3pts bonus
    - Hunt starts Sunday morning and check in no later than 1200.

Winning team this year had 10 grays with 9 head shots.

And here's my wife on her first ever squirrel hunt this past Sunday with her suppressed savage mkii

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    That contest sounds like a blast! Great shooting. And lucky you having a partner who'll go out with you. Happy hunting, ctbreitwieser.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    That contest looks dang fun. Looks like some of the days when 10 or so of us would camp all of Labor Day weekend and just fish, hunt, and cook some great food. I've floated the creeks a few times so far this year and have had good success with a Ruger 10/22. The squirrels are in abundance this year IMO. Luckily was able to take my CZ 452 out for its first trip and it is a beast. By far the best shooting .22 I've ever shot.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Five in this pic from last Friday AM. 15 between the three of us. We killed 10 Saturday and 7 Sunday morning. Plus I knocked a couple of under car crawlers off the wood pile to make part of my limit Saturday. Great weekend!

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond

Five in this pic from last Friday AM. 15 between the three of us. We killed 10 Saturday and 7 Sunday morning. Plus I knocked a couple of under car crawlers off the wood pile to make part of my limit Saturday. Great weekend!

Whatcha got them hanging from there? That's pretty nifty

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    ... Luckily was able to take my CZ 452 out for its first trip and it is a beast. By far the best shooting .22 I've ever shot.

I bought a 452fs this year and added a scope. My 1985 10/22 is a great shooting rifle, my grandfathers 1957 Marlin 39a GT squirrel gun gets it every time, but the feel of this CZ.... I digress, The CZ is a sub-MOA Monster out of the box with irons. It's with a scope, almost not fair...though my failing eyesight widens the gap a bit.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    we dont get any prizes just braggin rights. lol

When I was a teenager, my dad, brother and I hunted squirrels every weekend. We wore hunter orange hats, even before the required time during deer season. Except for the guy who had the lowest total from the week before. He had to wear this heinous trucker hat (before they were cool) from a cement plant. It was yellow, purple and orange. Good memories.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    This was from our annual opening weekend squirrel competition. 74 squirrels total. Two man teams, both team mates have to stay together. Scoring is as follows...

-Rifles only
    -Body shots
    Gray squirrel: 2pts
    Fox squirrel: 1st
    -Head shots
    Gray squirrels: 5pts
    Fox squirrels: 3pts
    -Team limit out (10 squirrels): 3pts bonus
    - Hunt starts Sunday morning and check in no later than 1200.

Winning team this year had 10 grays with 9 head shots.

And here's my wife on her first ever squirrel hunt this past Sunday with her suppressed savage mkii

ok, I waited for someone else. It doesn't look like it is going to happen.
    she should have been in the hot girls hunting thread.

Seriously, it is good that your wife will hunt with you. Is that stock blue?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.

Thanks, yes I am very lucky to have married someone who enjoys being outdoors with me. She hunts, fishes,and shoots with me all the time.

The stock is just spray paint on the factory plastic stock. It's actually purple with pink glitter in it. It's what she wanted and I wasn't about to question it. I've always said that as long she's willing to be out there with me, her gear can be whatever color she wants.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I bought a 455fs this year and added a scope. My 1985 10/22 is a great shooting rifle, my grandfathers 1957 Marlin 39a GT squirrel gun gets it every time, but the feel of this CZ.... I digress, The CZ is a sub-MOA Monster out of the box with irons. It's with a scope, almost not fair...though my failing eyesight widens the gap a bit.
    Couldn't have said it better. I just have a cheap scope on mine, but I am hoping to add a nice Vortex Crossfire in the very near future. The trigger pull out of the box is unreal compared to all other .22s I have shot. Great purchase for anyone willing to spend a tad more money than normal!

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond

Thanks for saying what was on everyone else's mind, haha. Think we were all avoiding stating the obvious there ;)

Thanks, yes I am very lucky to have married someone who enjoys being outdoors with me. She hunts, fishes,and shoots with me all the time.

The stock is just spray paint on the factory plastic stock. It's actually purple with pink glitter in it. It's what she wanted and I wasn't about to question it. I've always said that as long she's willing to be out there with me, her gear can be whatever color she wants.

Great job on the paint job! Whatever it takes to get them out with you, indeed. Time spent together in the woods is priceless.

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    last years parke co. squirrel safari

a couple years ago. we dont get any prizes just braggin rights. lol

Hope I'm not being uncouth.. but damn good on that man for not letting something as small as a missing leg get in the way of his enjoyment of the outdoors! That's some dedication.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    Hope I'm not being uncouth.. but damn good on that man for not letting something as small as a missing leg get in the way of his enjoyment of the outdoors! That's some dedication.
    thers not much that slows him down. the guy traps over a hundred coyotes a year and 200-300 coon and turkey hunts 3or 4 states and puts several deer in the freezer. also just an all around good ole boy.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Thanks for saying what was on everyone else's mind, haha. Think we were all avoiding stating the obvious there ;)

Great job on the paint job! Whatever it takes to get them out with you, indeed. Time spent together in the woods is priceless.
    I am just glad it came out as respectful. Tact is nt m strong suit. I usually just **** people off.

i now return this thread to its original programming. I suck at posting pics but will try later.

Top Bottom