• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKCAT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    I have a feeling that you didn't like Ruger to start with. I have a SR9c and a SR40c. I have never had a problem. I shoot factory amo and reloads. Since I target shoot I try diffrent loads and and COL. I have a SW9 that you have to clean after no more than 25 rounds and not shoot reloads as it will jamb. It may be the amo. I am not fond of Remington Amo so I don't shoot it. Dealer I purchase my guns from has never had a complaint on any SR9c he has sold. I know of a indoor range that rents them and never has a problem. Take them up on the new gun. If you don't You have no gripe. It could also be you. It takes some skill to hold a compact so slide works properly. I am waiting for the SR45c. Will purchase one soon as they hit the market.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    We had one and I hated it. It double-fired. Sent it back to Ruger, husband and I both still had issues with it. Gun shop owner took it out, and said he didn't have any issues. A friend of ours shot it, and had problems as well. My husband liked the gun, and kept trying, hoping it would break in, but finally traded it in. I know lots of people like theirs, but I cringe every time I see or hear of one! I imagine all firearms have their horror stories. We were just unlucky and got a bad one.

aswbmw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    noblesville, in
    my SR9c is at the Ruger shop now...having all of the OPs same issues. I really like the gun and hope it comes back usable. Also it is way easier to carry than my G17 :):

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I think a Ruger #1 and their old SA stuff to be rather good.
    Didn't care for the feel of my dad's 9.5" SuperRedhawk, grip horrible, balance sucked........but admit that thing shot fantastic.
    He disliked the feel and look of it enough to sell it :)

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    SR9c is my daily carry. Several hundred rounds through it. Not one single failure. I also have an LCP and Hunter MK3 with similar flawless operation. Sorry for your experience. It's dramatically different than mine.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Ruger finally sent me a brand new replacement for the problematic sr9c. I sold it NIB the same day it arrived and bought myself a CZ75 P-01 as a replacement. Couldn't be happier. The CZ has had lots of rounds through it with not a single failure of any sort with everything from cheap gunshow reloads, to commercial range rounds like WWB, PMC, Aguila, and defensive rounds such as Winchester +P. Great shooting, great feeling pistol.

I'm a CZ guy now!

+1 on the CZ's. I have 3 pre B 75's in 9mm and a 2075 Rami in .40 S&W. GREAT guns.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom