• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Oh well. I was late, but at least I made it before you left. Not sure I would have put it that way though... :):

PS- I do recommend their new lighter-roasted "Blond" coffee for those that don't like their normal heavy-roasted varieties.

I didn't think you seemed like the forgetful type. :):

(BTW, did you look in your rear-view mirror as you left to make sure Mr. Nosey didn't follow? ha ha)

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Looks like I may just be hitting the drive thru, or just running in for a quick min later in the afternoon in Bloomington, forgot it was skate night.

Will report if any liberals heads explode.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Most of you who have made the stop already this morning haven't reported on OC/CC or any words with the manager/staff on your purpose (except Lance Robbins). Can you fill us in on some detail?

80% of the time I go to the drive through, I'm a regular. When I OC in the store they don't even notice.

I did make it a point, at the drive through, to mention the ANTI-GUN BOYCOTT and how I hoped that a lot of pro-gun people would show up to support their store by buying coffee.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    I may be reading too much in between the lines, but one could interpret this as meaning that they will follow current state and local laws but wish for and support more stringent ones. :dunno:
    i believe whole heartedly that their true stance is that they just want to sell coffee. since it is not illegal to carry a firearm in their store, they will gladly sell you a coffee and tell you to have a very nice day.

that might not seem sincerely PRO 2A but they are inversely not bending over backwards to appease the anti 2A peeps.

if it was illegal to carry. it sounds like they would not serve you. illegal would be illegal. but i dont think you should read that as they are wishing it would become illegal. that is totally different.

i will be supporting them today b/c a company that does not see me as a threat simply b/c i own a firearm appears to be logical. and if for nothing else, to shut down the anti gunners.

edit: not to mention, its valentines day and i had no other ideas. the wife seems more excited than i am.

Last edited:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Most of you who have made the stop already this morning haven't reported on OC/CC or any words with the manager/staff on your purpose (except Lance Robbins). Can you fill us in on some detail?
    OCed in one Starbucks this morning across from Michigan State University. Had conversation with the friendly barista about 2A while spending some $2 bills. No issues.

Will hit up a different Starbucks this afternoon where I'll probably meet up with some fellow OCers.

Tip: try their banana walnut bread! :banana:

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    Just finished up my rounds at lunch and went to 3 local Starbucks and handed out the letter from page 28 in this thread and the flyer. I was able to talk to 2 of the 3 managers on duty and they were very receptive and glad we are stopping in today to support them. I ended up buying 2 gift cards and multiple drinks between the 3 locations to help out their daily sales numbers. Overall a very positive experience at the SB's I went to. No dirty looks from patrons or workers. Smiles all around today. Glad to help do my small part.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I just went in the StarBucks at Walnut and Miller in Bloomington, OC while I was in the store, thanked them for there support of the constitution.

By the way, I've noticed, and commented in other threads that everywhere in Bloomington I go... no one seems to notice, or care if I am OC'ing... and realistically, that's the way I want and like it. It shouldn't be seen as anything out of the norm, just a man and his tool.... huh, that sounds a little perverted! :D

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I stopped by the Terre Haute south store at lunch. The store was not busy & when they asked what I wanted I told them I wasn't sure since I hadn't been in a Starbucks in over 5 years. I was being helped by a fairly new employee & a lady that I assume was the manager. After making a decision & some small talk, I asked if they'd had anyone in today who identified themselves as a gun owner. They both perked up & said yes, that someone else was in earlier & explained that there was a national boycot against them today by antigunners. Then I told them that was the reason I was there as well - to counter the boycot. I moved over as another customer made their order & I continued talking to the manager. She told me that she didn't own a gun, but had no problem with others having them. I told her that I, & many others, appreciate the fact that Starbucks didn't cave to political pressure to deprive law abiding citizens from our right to carry guns. They were both very friendly & supportive. I was open carrying under my leather coat (which would mean it was actually concealed), but I didn't feel the need to pull by coat back to expose it. I thought it was a very positive encounter. Plus the skinny caramel latte' was pretty darn good.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I went in this morning, and purchased two $25 gift cards, one for each of my kids.....while OCing. And I thanked them for supporting the Carry community.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just went in the StarBucks at Walnut and Miller in Bloomington, OC while I was in the store, thanked them for there support of the constitution.

By the way, I've noticed, and commented in other threads that everywhere in Bloomington I go... no one seems to notice, or care if I am OC'ing... and realistically, that's the way I want and like it. It shouldn't be seen as anything out of the norm, just a man and his tool.... huh, that sounds a little perverted! :D

I have pretty much noticed he same thing in West Lafayette, and Lafayette. Which is a little surprising, since both our communities are known for being very liberal (hence anti-gun).

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Stopped into the only Starbucks near us here in Clarksville; it's actually inside the local Target. Anyway, I handed them the flier, and thanked them for the coffee. Nobodies head exploded, no mass murders occurred, and my coffee was quite nice.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Well, I open carried into the Bloomington Starbucks out by Lowes this morning before class, No one batted an eye. I am going to hit the Martinsville Starbucks when I take my wife some dinner for V day tonight.

Top Bottom