• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    I just left the Starbucks just north of Roseland here in South Bend. Had a good chat with the manager about what the kooks from the anti gun movement was planning today and that we as law abiding gun owners were doing to offset those that do not believe in our God given right to protect ourselves and our families. I told her it was the first time I've stepped into that Starbucks and intend to be back 2 more times yet today. She was very appreciative of our group and one of the girls behind the counter said she is a gun owner and the only way anyone will take them "is from my cold, dead hands"....+100 for you coffee barista chick!

FYI...open carried my (police grade pistol with hollow point bullets) M&P 9 in my SERPA holster and proud to say no 5 year olds took my firearm, I didn't shoot myself in the leg, nor did the gun fall to the ground and discharge multiple rounds hitting anyone! When I left there, everyone in the place had a big smile on their faces and now I'm all jacked up on some kind of Carmel macasomething or another.

I went there after work and brought the flyer. The shift manager said his boss he's a keychain of the logo that she gave to her father along with a bumper sticker. ;)

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    “Starbucks allowing guns to be carried in thousands of their stores significantly increases everyone’s risk of being a victim of gun violence,” NHAC CEO Elliot Fineman argued in a media release. “Open and conceal and carry are among the reasons there are 12,000 gun homicides each year in the U.S.”

:laugh::runaway:

Brings a whole new angle to OC-Vs-CC argument, doesn't it???

YOU'RE ALL DOING IT WRONG!! :laugh:

I'm heading to the B-Burg Starbucks for some coffee right now!

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Anyone else go to the SB on Ireland in front of Target in Mishawaka?

I went mild OC (open winter coat over Blackhawk Serpa). Handed the cashier the flier (manager was on a phone call), explained I was there to support SB, and gave my order. Paid with 2 dollar bills. I'm not sure they knew what to make of it. I saw the manager reading the flier off in the corner and quickly glancing up at me. Had the thought they might take it as I was holding up the place. I just smiled and waved.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I just OC'd At the brownsburg SB, And gave the manager a flyer. She just smiled and said" Oh, I didn't know we were being protested. Well thanks for coming in and supporting us".

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I wrote Starbucks yesterday and got a rapid and nice reply. Although I am far from a regular customer, I went to the Starbucks inside Kroger yesterday and bought a couple of large coffees and a scone for the little lady.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Anyone else go to the SB on Ireland in front of Target in Mishawaka?

I went mild OC (open winter coat over Blackhawk Serpa). Handed the cashier the flier (manager was on a phone call), explained I was there to support SB, and gave my order. Paid with 2 dollar bills. I'm not sure they knew what to make of it. I saw the manager reading the flier off in the corner and quickly glancing up at me. Had the thought they might take it as I was holding up the place. I just smiled and waved.

Here's my post from last night:

Went to the South Bend Starbucks on Ireland Road after work tonight. Went to 5 banks this afternoon for 2 dollar bills and got only one. Scored 2 more at the gas station though.

Starbucks visit was excellent. I had the CZ strapped on my right hip for all to see. Customers noticed but nothing said. I gave the Barista the flyer and ordered green iced tea. Bought a $25 gift card for my kid. Delicious tea, by the way.

I used up the $2 bills and then some. He asked where all the $2 bills were coming from because he had seen several earlier today in the cash register. I had him read the flyer. He said he would be sure the management saw it.

I explained the reason for the $2 bills was supporting the 2A. He said he talked to a colleague at the Mishawaka location earlier today and they were gettin $2 bills there, too.

He called him back right then and filled him in. They both were aware of the boycott and now understood the buycott.

All the employees chatted with me about it and they were happy we all were supporting them and counteracting the boycott. Left a nice tip, too.

I enjoyed it very much. A good feeling of supporting a company doing the right thing. I'll be back again for the tea.

Kudos to all INGOers who participated. We have strength in numbers.

Top Bottom