• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I'm not shooting any competition stuff. In fact I never have. I want to get out and really improve over the next 6 months though, I'm considering giving it a go for that more so than being competitive. I'm hitting up a training class on the 23rd so hopefully it'll get me off to a good start. I'm just wanting to shoot faster and more accurately. As well as slowly push the distance a bit while keeping those two things in line. Basically follow ups, transitions, and maybe improve my shot calling.

Look in the Shooting Sports section for more info. I'm somewhat new to this civilian competitions but there are plenty of knowledgeable people in there. Oh and once you compete in 1, you'll be hooked.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Look in the Shooting Sports section for more info. I'm somewhat new to this civilian competitions but there are plenty of knowledgeable people in there. Oh and once you compete in 1, you'll be hooked.

Good to know. I changed the above post when I re-read what I wrote. I didn't mean to say "accurate." There was a steel challenge at riley the other weekend but I was a bit too busy. I'll probably make it out to the next one.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I'm not sure why this is being called "panic buying".

I also have more than a weeks worth of food in the house as well. If I see an ad that says soup will be on sale tomorrow instead of today, then I shop tomorrow. Is it considered panic buying and hording of food if I then bring home 15 cans of soup instead of 10 for the same price? What about saving money by buying half a beef for the winter instead of a pound or two each week at the store?

24lpj42.jpg
    :twocents:

This^^^^^

I find it interesting that so many get so upset at those who pay attention and then prepare for the times.

Those same people are the same ones that think they should be able to go to any store they want, and buy whatever they want, and it should be close to the same price as before or even lower. There should not be price increases or shortages due to demand. They are entitled to that product and anyone who get's in their way is evil. They decided to ignore what was going on around them, and anyone else who did not live in self-imposed ignorance is a hoarder and "stole" their chance to buy a product.

At what point did Americans come to the belief that they are entitled to a product.....ammo.....guns.....cell phones.....toys.....cars.....you name it?

I think it is just another symptom of the entitlement mentality that has been foisted upon us in the last 4-5 decades. As well as another sign that liberty and freedom in the USA is dying.

You are owed nothing in life. If you want something, either earn it or build it yourself.....and please stop whining about those who do! It only makes you look selfish and childish. Like a 5 year old throwing a fit about losing out on some candy.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This^^^^^

I find it interesting that so many get so upset at those who pay attention and then prepare for the times.

Those same people are the same ones that think they should be able to go to any store they want, and buy whatever they want, and it should be close to the same price as before or even lower. There should not be price increases or shortages due to demand. They are entitled to that product and anyone who get's in their way is evil. They decided to ignore what was going on around them, and anyone else who did not live in self-imposed ignorance is a hoarder and "stole" their chance to buy a product.

At what point did Americans come to the belief that they are entitled to a product.....ammo.....guns.....cell phones.....toys.....cars.....you name it?

I think it is just another symptom of the entitlement mentality that has been foisted upon us in the last 4-5 decades. As well as another sign that liberty and freedom in the USA is dying.

You are owed nothing in life. If you want something, either earn it or build it yourself.....and please stop whining about those who do! It only makes you look selfish and childish. Like a 5 year old throwing a fit about losing out on some candy.
    Actually it is the hoarders, who will never shoot the ammo they have accumulated, that appear selfish and childish. In this area they have snatched up all the .22 ammo from the big box stores as soon as it hits the shelves. This has been going on for years. It really doesn't affect me since I always bought ammo when it was a good deal and bought in quantity before the panic. I think (it is worth repeating) that buying ammo at the store and turning around and trying to rip off fellow gun owners (at a minimum) shows a lack of character. These people are no different than a store jacking up their prices on necessities after a natural disaster, IMHO.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I think (it is worth repeating) that buying ammo at the store and turning around and trying to rip off fellow gun owners (at a minimum) shows a lack of character.

Up til he passed away (I was 30 when he died) my grandfather would always have cases of Big Red, Dr. Pepper, or R.C. that he would give my brother and I whenever we stopped by..."Boy..Go out there in the garage and grab a case of Coke.." (He was from rural Kentucky and all soft drinks, regardless of manufacturer were "cokes".)

My dad is doing the same thing for my little brother and I with .22 ammo, "Boy...Go back to the ammo box and grab you up a brick of .22's..."He is retired and knows I shoot up about 250 rounds per week so he always manages to have some .22 on hand...I try to give some to our rural neighbors at our place in the country as they have had a hard time procuring it...They keep an eye on our house when we are not there and give me free run to hunt any of their land so I try to help them out...

.22 ammo has replaced brass kettles and beads as the most valuable trade item of the lower Ohio Valley...

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    It seems reasonable to me that an average gun guy( like myself ), who lives in a semi-rural community and only goes to the range maybe 4-5 times a year( to target practice ), only keep stocked what I may use during that period of time. Not including my SD/carry ammo (of which I even have less of). I think its great if Joe Shooter down the road can afford to blow through several hundred rounds off his porch every week-thats his prerogative and he has that right. More power to him.
    That said, I think its rediculous on many levels to have hundreds of thousands of rounds hoarded away or buried in the ground in case of the apocalypse or some Katrina type event. To think otherwise only shows a lack of understanding on both levels. In both cases, those items would quickly become contraband and make you a target. Massive stockpiles of anything is pretty much useless dead weight if you're trying to quickly get out of Dodge to a safehaven.

...and in the apocalypse there wont be any safehavens.

Last edited:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    This^^^^^

^^^Repped!^^^

I'm still a little short on certain projectiles and powders, but I'm keeping my eyes open and have a little bit of "excess" of others that could be traded if it comes down to it. I'm a little short on shotgun primers, a lot short on .50 BMG primers, and the berdan situation just makes me sad. Since the Russian sanctions hit, I'm running out, I have 6-7k berdan primers left and over 12K of brass that needs them :(

I'm good on magazines, but short on .22 Mag ammo, down to less than 500 rounds and I want a PMR-30 to go with my AMT Automag II so that just makes my .22 Mag situation worse, lol.

I don't have a trust, so once 41F becomes official in July I will be filing at least two Form 1s and hopefully a couple of Form 4s. I'm going to have the Form 1 paperwork ready to go because I want them moving ASAP.

Need a couple of specific scopes, but those are at the bottom of my budgeting list since they are least likely to be impacted over the course of the next 1-2 years.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Actually it is the hoarders, who will never shoot the ammo they have accumulated, that appear selfish and childish. In this area they have snatched up all the .22 ammo from the big box stores as soon as it hits the shelves. This has been going on for years. It really doesn't affect me since I always bought ammo when it was a good deal and bought in quantity before the panic. I think (it is worth repeating) that buying ammo at the store and turning around and trying to rip off fellow gun owners (at a minimum) shows a lack of character. These people are no different than a store jacking up their prices on necessities after a natural disaster, IMHO. It gripes me when, like the last gun show I attended, to see some CMP .22 ammo for sale at a price 4 or 5 times what they paid for it.

1. Calling someone else evil/lack of character for getting in the way of purchasing something that you wanted. - Check
    2. Admitting that changing prices or seeing shortages due to supply and demand is wrong as business should not be influenced by such things. - Check

Thank you for perfectly illustrating my point.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't get upset with the hoarders but I absolutely HATE the flippers. I know it's America and all that patriotic crap but they're like bottom feeders. I hope they starve homeless. Just thinking out loud of course.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I don't get upset with the hoarders but I absolutely HATE the flippers. I know it's America and all that patriotic crap but they're like bottom feeders. I hope they starve homeless. Just thinking out loud of course.
    In nature bottom feeders are critical to the well being of the ecosystem. OK seriously, how do you define a "flipper"?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    1. Calling someone else evil/lack of character for getting in the way of purchasing something that you wanted. - Check
    2. Admitting that changing prices or seeing shortages due to supply and demand is wrong as business should not be influenced by such things. - Check

Thank you for perfectly illustrating my point.
    Actually you don't have a valid point. I said that I have enough of everything, so this is not personal, but an observation. Gouging, during times of shortages, shows only greed and that shows, IMHO, a lack of character (at the minimum). I never said it was evil (that is your word)...hmmmmm.

Top Bottom