• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I've been tempted to try a P320, but I'm afraid I'll like it.

Let me ask my advisor bear.

1a4.jpg

I loves my P245. I'm sending it back to Sig for some custom work soon. :D

Since you wouldnt sell me that 245, I actually sig (d) again , I got a CPO model that looks brand new , now I see a 220 compact on armslist and he listed trade interest, and his is a SAS gen 2 , two tone. These things are gonna keep me working until I die !
    And now I see a 245 listed for sale on this site , while I was at work and it sold ! just my luck, maybe next time.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And now I see a 245 listed for sale on this site , while I was at work and it sold ! just my luck, maybe next time.

NO idea who bought it.

20150327_093833_zpse8d6dd2a.jpg

:whistle:

It's not as pristine as my blued one, but its still in very nice shape. I may list the blued one at some point since I now have two...but the rails look brand new on it. The frame is perfect, the slide has just the tiniest hint of holster wear...tough to let go of it...

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NO idea who bought it.

20150327_093833_zpse8d6dd2a.jpg

:whistle:

It's not as pristine as my blued one, but its still in very nice shape. I may list the blued one at some point since I now have two...but the rails look brand new on it. The frame is perfect, the slide has just the tiniest hint of holster wear...tough to let go of it...

:drool: what's the recoil like on those bad boys?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    :drool: what's the recoil like on those bad boys?

Subjectively, pretty easy to handle. They are still heavy guns and the grip is enough to get a good purchase on.

Objectively, running a 3 shot drill from the holster today my average split times where as follows:

P220 (.45): 1st to 2nd shot: 0.25 seconds 2nd to 3rd shot: 0.24 seconds
    P245 (.45): 1st to 2nd shot: 0.29 seconds 2nd to 3rd shot: 0.26 seconds
    P229 (.40): 1st to 2nd shot: 0.25 seconds 2nd to 3rd shot: 0.21 seconds

That's running it as fast as I could, barely finding the front sight AND with the P220 having a short reset trigger. The .45s were my own handloads, 230 gr plated over 4.7gr of WST. Recoil did not seem to be a factor in follow up shot time. The only time I've found the P245 to be jumpy was with Critical Duty +P. With regular 230gr its very tame. With 165 gr Critical Defense its 9mm-esque.

Adam%20Advice.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    10 shot groups at 7 yards, two magazines of five, first shot DA, remaining 4 SA, reload and repeat. Each square is 1x1". P220 has Trijicon HDs, the others have factory Siglight night sights. Sigs do have combat sighting, meaning the front sight dot covers the area of impact. At 7 yards, it completely obscures the 1" target dot.

20150327_130121_zpse312d5c4.jpg

20150327_130110_zps3edaf7ca.jpg

20150327_130133_zpsedea6553.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i hope (HOPE!) to go shoot my new/used 220 on sunday ive had it for a month now, and had plans every weekend, right now shooting depends on how muddy my friends back yard is

its a german made/us assembled like new 220(i mean LIKE NEW) im third owner, and the second owner said he shot two mags, and lookin at it i believe it, of the 5 sigs i own this one has the second least ammount of "sig smiley" on the bbl(the least is on my m11a1 and i bought it new)

think i might take it and my bda45 and have a "sig shoot out" to see if the all german is better than the 1/2 blood german!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Nice shootin' BBI. Hope to get to the range myself before long and try out my Sig 230. It's still a 40 cal but hope to make it a nine before much longer.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Pressure building...willpower fading...justification occurring...

21b.gif

if i shoot my german made/american assembled 220 again, and i shoot as bad as i did last sunday, i might know where you can get a lnib 220!

damn thing shot way low....waaaaaaay low, and 20 paces, i was aiming at the top of a shoot-n-c target and was hitting center(it was about 2.5 inches low)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    if i shoot my german made/american assembled 220 again, and i shoot as bad as i did last sunday, i might know where you can get a lnib 220!

damn thing shot way low....waaaaaaay low, and 20 paces, i was aiming at the top of a shoot-n-c target and was hitting center(it was about 2.5 inches low)

If you're not used to Sigs, they do use a different sight picture than some other guns. I shot low when I first got my P220 until I figured that out:

Rch2QSao.jpg

Sight image 3 is what you're looking for. If it hasn't been monkeyed with, the sights are 8/8 and that's a dead level point when you count the depth of the dovetails.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    If you're not used to Sigs, they do use a different sight picture than some other guns. I shot low when I first got my P220 until I figured that out:

Rch2QSao.jpg

Sight image 3 is what you're looking for. If it hasn't been monkeyed with, the sights are 8/8 and that's a dead level point when you count the depth of the dovetails.

i think mine came with 6-8(i cant remember what number is on the front sight), i called sig on monday, they told me about "combat sight picture" and i said yes i now, thats how i aim with my other 4 sigs, he laughed and said that 2.5 inches is too low, i asked about the sig "spa treatment" he laguhed and said "i never heard it put that way before", cause i want night sights on it, he said that if i sent it in, they would make sure it had the right front sight, but its 145.00 plus shipping, and i just paid for my daughters summer psych class, so the extra 200.00 bucks i had laying around is gone!, plus it's like new, really dont need new springs, or a good cleaning,or inspection, but for 145.00 including meprolight (i mean siglight) night sights you cant beat that price.

im going to shoot it again soon, just to make sure its not me, but since this is my only sig that does this, makes me think its the gun, not me.

ps thanks for planting the p320 bug in me head....i think its going to be my next gun, we ordered one for a guy, and i got to "fondle" it for a few seconds, trigger was awesome, grip was awesome, sights were awesome...damn you blue i's

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    i think mine came with 6-8(i cant remember what number is on the front sight), i called sig on monday, they told me about "combat sight picture" and i said yes i now, thats how i aim with my other 4 sigs, he laughed and said that 2.5 inches is too low, i asked about the sig "spa treatment" he laguhed and said "i never heard it put that way before", cause i want night sights on it, he said that if i sent it in, they would make sure it had the right front sight, but its 145.00 plus shipping, and i just paid for my daughters summer psych class, so the extra 200.00 bucks i had laying around is gone!, plus it's like new, really dont need new springs, or a good cleaning,or inspection, but for 145.00 including meprolight (i mean siglight) night sights you cant beat that price.

im going to shoot it again soon, just to make sure its not me, but since this is my only sig that does this, makes me think its the gun, not me.

ps thanks for planting the p320 bug in me head....i think its going to be my next gun, we ordered one for a guy, and i got to "fondle" it for a few seconds, trigger was awesome, grip was awesome, sights were awesome...damn you blue i's

You're right, I got it confused with my .357 Sig. .45 comes with 6/8. I have Trijicon HDs on my P220 and really like them.

As far as the P320, yeah, I know. I've thought about one and then shrugged it off a bajillion times. I'm afraid I'd like it too much...and I really like an external hammer to put my thumb on when I holster up.

Top Bottom