• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and when does "waiting for the bus" begin? When you walk out the front door? When the busses leave the garage?

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Actually waiting for the school bus would fall under travelling to and from school if not a school function. I attended elementary through high school in the bay area. It was the school district that told us as students whatever we do after we leave our front door on the way to school is still under their scrutiny. And like the brownsburg guy, any weekend or holiday fights, or fights after school were still punishable by school staff.

No I am not agreeing with the suspension or expulsion the students are getting, I'm just saying I am not surprised they are getting it, because many school districts, especially where I am from, overreach their authority. Let's look at it another way.

If I was with my parents, and back in middle school. Could I stand at the end of my driveway waiting for the bus, with a shotgun in my hand? Still my property, gun doesn't go onto the bus. Say a student tells his.mother and mother calls the school. You might Say, well that is a real gun! Well the school rules don't allow replica or toy guns either... my school didn't even allow plastic Halloween swords knives or axes. Should it matter on private property? No... but it doesn't surprise me in the least bit that they got suspended. Hopefully they fight it.maybe they can argue the time. Say, well if the bus gets there at 7 and I wake up at 5 to play air soft in my front yard, I am not waiting for the bus, I am playing air soft. I'm sure they didn't just drop the guns in the grass and hop on.

It sounds like they were playing, with a mind on the clock. Not shooting as thr bus drove up, and Not like they were shooting at the bus or anything.

Last edited:

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I am convinced that it's nosey neighbors ruining this country more than even our own government. It's disgusting to me how people are so quick to tell others how to live.

If it doesn't affect you, MYOB. If it's not your property, MYOB. You don't like how someone else is living their life? Tough, it's theirs to live.

This is high and mighty "I know better than you" junk needs to end.

That doesn't excuse the schools response. It's not either/or it's both the school and the neighbor with epic fail on this one.

THIS^^^^^^^^^

YES!!!!!!!

Mind your own business. A lot of people cant, wont.

It's the same really as the take offense to everything crowd. People can not get it thru there heads that we have a right to free speech. That does not mean there are not consequences to your speech, you don't have a right to say whatever you want and expect no one else to care, there are consequences. But what people cant seem to understand is that they do not have a right NOT to be offended. They think there right to free speech, or there rights in general entitle them to NOT be offended.

You have freedom of speech. You do not have a right NOT to be offended. The ones who cant mind there own business, get offended and try and take our right...... America.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This is our future. Neighbors are informing on neighbors without even being asked to. What happens when they really step up the "see something, say something" rhetoric? They'll start it in the schools to brainwash the children. VERY 1984 like.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Actually waiting for the school bus would fall under travelling to and from school if not a school function. I attended elementary through high school in the bay area. It was the school district that told us as students whatever we do after we leave our front door on the way to school is still under their scrutiny. And like the brownsburg guy, any weekend or holiday fights, or fights after school were still punishable by school staff.

No I am not agreeing with the suspension or expulsion the students are getting, I'm just saying I am not surprised they are getting it, because many school districts, especially where I am from, overreach their authority. Let's look at it another way.

If I was with my parents, and back in middle school. Could I stand at the end of my driveway waiting for the bus, with a shotgun in my hand? Still my property, gun doesn't go onto the bus. Say a student tells his.mother and mother calls the school. You might Say, well that is a real gun! Well the school rules don't allow replica or toy guns either... my school didn't even allow plastic Halloween swords knives or axes. Should it matter on private property? No... but it doesn't surprise me in the least bit that they got suspended. Hopefully they fight it.maybe they can argue the time. Say, well if the bus gets there at 7 and I wake up at 5 to play air soft in my front yard, I am not waiting for the bus, I am playing air soft. I'm sure they didn't just drop the guns in the grass and hop on.

It sounds like they were playing, with a mind on the clock. Not shooting as thr bus drove up, and Not like they were shooting at the bus or anything.

Because they say it, doesn't mean it's so.
    The school officials (just like any government agency) only have as much power as people let them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If that were my kid we'd already have retained a lawyer. The best defense is a good offense. Don't take that sh#!. If the school is ballsy enough to overstep their authority, then they're ballsy enough to back it up in court.
    The best defense is not being there in the first place. WHY do people continue to keep their children enrolled in these schools? I'm fairly certain the parents who are dealing with this now said "But our school isn't like that." IT'S A GOVERNMENT SCHOOL. By definition it IS like that. You just haven't been on the receiving end of the **** yet. When will people realize that this is a trait of GOVERNMENT schools, not just "other" government schools?

On one hand, I do understand WHY the school has rules: so many parents simply do not. However, when us parents DO, then the school needs to back off. This "zero thought / zero tolerance" BS needs to go.
    No justification for any governmental entity, or anyone else for that matter, intruding in parental decisions. Not liking the way someone parents isn't grounds for butting in.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    This is freaking ridiculous.

It's beyond ridiculous...it's just plain stupid! The attacks are everywhere...

However, there's an old saying for the mother who called this in:

You can chose whether to believe in God or not...that is your choice!
    You can chose to own a gun or not...that is also your choice!
    But when a bad guy / criminal is breaking down the door of your house, you will do two (2) things:
    1. You will call a guy who has a gun...and,
    2. You will pray that he gets there in time!

This attitude about being 'against guns' is just tooty-fruity!

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    For the record, I'm not getting into the debate about the actions described within the OP's linked story. I am instead going to share what I think is a relevant link from the FB page of the school system in question. Those of you not completely preoccupied with the original description of events might find the statement released by the school board's president a little more informative. I'm not saying it accurately describes events either, but am just offering another point of view.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/578012_458445700937459_825950060_n.jpg

Just in case that link doesn't work, you can find the statement on FaceBook by searching for "VBSchools"--it is displayed quite prominently at the top of their page.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    For the record, I'm not getting into the debate about the actions described within the OP's linked story. I am instead going to share what I think is a relevant link from the FB page of the school system in question. Those of you not completely preoccupied with the original description of events might find the statement released by the school board's president a little more informative. I'm not saying it accurately describes events either, but am just offering another point of view.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/578012_458445700937459_825950060_n.jpg

Just in case that link doesn't work, you can find the statement on FaceBook by searching for "VBSchools"--it is displayed quite prominently at the top of their page.
    Well, hell. Why not just have all the firearms in all the homes removed for student safety?

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    This is our future. Neighbors are informing on neighbors without even being asked to. What happens when they really step up the "see something, say something" rhetoric? They'll start it in the schools to brainwash the children. VERY 1984 like.

True, and chilling. The divisiveness and class envy this president has created and continues to accelerate is creating the climate for just this kind of scenario. Makes me want to :puke:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

Thanks for posting this. It's good to hear the other side.

in light of this new information, I still stand by my original post. This is a problem of the neighborhood. If the neighbor can't keep their nose out of it because kids are being targeted, go talk to the parents. That's how we resolve issues as adults.

My my best friend had incidents at the bus stop where their 1st grader was getting bullied and physically smacked, nut tagged and general harassment by a 3rd grader. Mom went to the parent to discuss and to put the final emphasis on it, she walked him to the bus stop and reiterated that "Johnny" will not be putting hands on anyone or his mom will punish him. That was a month ago and no further incidents.

We have out sourced our problems to "professionals" to deal with. My wife was all over this on Facebook. One comment she jumped on was "My kids are not the property of the school until they get on that bus!" :n00b: W.T.F.?? Kids are never the property of the school but that's the mind set in far too many.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Well, hell. Why not just have all the firearms in all the homes removed for student safety?

I think it's more of a pity that parents (generically speaking) in today's world don't use more common sense--if I had tried to use a pellet gun on other kids in my neighborhood and chased them down the street with one, my hide would have been well tanned before everything was said and done. I had much more respect for and fear of my parents' anger than I ever did of my school's disciplinary policies. It's rather sad that this no longer seems to be the case in our society.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    This is also part of a larger, more insidious problem -- the feminization of boys and men. Making boys and men feel that their natural tendencies that have served society well since society began, such as being a protector and defender, a competitor, aggressive, and the games boys play to act out those roles, are wrong. The behaviors driven by testosterone (a big difference between men and women) are demonized, and both boys from a young age and men are told that they need to get in touch with their feminine side. What a crock. But it has been going on for a long time, and has taken its toll on boys, men, women in their lives, families, and our society. Punishing boys for just being normal, natural boys is only one symptom of this much bigger problem. OK, off the :soapbox:.

Top Bottom